No announcement yet.

what type of company do you work for ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what type of company do you work for ?

Alarm and Response
    Armed Security Officer service with mobile patrol
    Unarmed Security Officer service with mobile patrol
    Stationary/console officer
    CCTV monitor

and with that... what type of ppl run your company ?

ex-leo ?
    ex-seo?
    some college grad with a juris degree in criminology?
    some business corp that has no idea what they are doing ?

.....well with my company we have a ex-leo running it, he spent time with oklahoma highway patrol, and salt lake police dept.

our second in command is soon to be leo for wyoming highway patrol, served in the army for 4 years.

our 3rd in command has been a so for about 8+ years

our 4th in command has been in security for about 4 years

our 5th in command has been post certified and is trying to get into state corrections, he has been doing security for about 4 years also

so we have a very "military/leo" attitude from our management we play by no BS rules, 3 strikes your out. doesnt matter who you are, they just recently fired a sgt from the company, and busted one officer in rank. we have a extreme oversight on how the company is ran, but very high standards and professional over sight, we have a "substation" at one of our properties were we fax our reports,get our time cards, get our company mail etc, and have our trainings..
    When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

Originally posted by IB107
    Alarm and Response
    Armed Security Officer service with mobile patrol
    Unarmed Security Officer service with mobile patrol
    Stationary/console officer
    CCTV monitor

and with that... what type of ppl run your company ?

ex-leo ?
    ex-seo?
    some college grad with a juris degree in criminology?
    some business corp that has no idea what they are doing ?
    The one I work for is described by the first two, alarm and response and armed security officer service with mobile patrol. The company is run by an ex-leo who has also been in the security business for the past 28 years.
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Similar Thread

If you check, there's already a thread that asks about the kind of security work we do. I think that's why this thread isn't getting to many "hits."
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Unarmed security of a college campus. A retired police Captain runs our operations.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
          Unarmed security of a college campus. A retired police Captain runs our operations.

Same but our is run by a retired police chief
          http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3203/darrell29jc.gif

The FUTURE is MSP...

Comment

Originally posted by darrell
            Same but our is run by a retired police chief
            This guy probably would have been the Chief if he worked for a smaller agency. He retired from a police agency with 4000+ officers.

Comment

I'm doing the unarmed mobile patrol for the most part, but I also fill in at lobbies and a truck gate at our site.

Comment

Armed federal contract officer.

Working for a large, multinational corp that deals strictly with security. Every contract is managed differently, some good, some bad.

Our 'manager' is a retired firefighter from somewhere back east...To the best of my knowledge, he's never set foot on any of the sites.

The supervisor is a retired LEO from somewhere in Louisiana.

The second in charge (or third, depends on how you look at it), was a firefighter who was injured LOD somewhere in California, and then became a security supervisor at a SoCal nuke plant.

Of the 120-odd officers on the contract, I can only think of 2 or 3 that aren't prior military, LEO, or both. And those 2 or 3 are career security, with 20 or 30 years each.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                  If you check, there's already a thread that asks about the kind of security work we do. I think that's why this thread isn't getting to many "hits."
                  I did a search but can't find it. Can you post a link?
                  I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                  Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I do contract work on a large corporate account that has multiple sites. All the officers wear many hats such as lobby (access control on 600+ employees), loading dock, running patrols, door checks (constantly), needing to be intimate with the fire suppression controls and alarms, monitoring the CCTV's, basically running the facility. Not to mention laptop checks, writing DSR's, and of course chasing down door alarms all day, etc. Basically all the usual stuff. Plus we're constantly being tested on everything. Some of the sites have a two week turnover rate for security officers. If you don't apply yourself you don't last long.

The Security company is run mainly by retired LEO's, many from SWAT.

Honestly the pay is pretty mediocre for what's expected of us, though the health benefits on the account are very good.
                    Last edited by CAR54; 05-29-2006, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X