tacky s/os

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GCMC Security
    The one with the badge hanging low reminds me of something. On TWCs uniforms (at least the CPOs dont know about the rest) if you but the badge pin through the provided holes it hangs over the pocket a little bit. Having been a Marine I can't stand this, so I make my own holes lol.
    Not on mine. It stops right above the pocket, and it is in there tightly so it does not falter when I sit or lean over.
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Wackenhut

Nice uniform. Add a name tag and some collar brass to look really sharp.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

After posting that I went and looked at one of my officers on duty and I have come to the conclusion that it is because I am so short BTW I see you have your whistle through the pocket, I agree with that and do it myself but got gigged by the Ops Manager here because "officially" it's suppose to be free hanging, I say blah on that!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
          Nice uniform. Add a name tag and some collar brass to look really sharp.
          I don't know about his office, but down here it takes FOREVER to get a name tag. As for collar brass the only ones worn by TWC is rank, Although he did say he was made a Sup so maybe he's waiting on that too. I got tired of waiting and went to the Air Force Base and bought a couple sets there.

Comment

Originally posted by GCMC Security
            I don't know about his office, but down here it takes FOREVER to get a name tag. As for collar brass the only ones worn by TWC is rank, Although he did say he was made a Sup so maybe he's waiting on that too. I got tired of waiting and went to the Air Force Base and bought a couple sets there.
            Same here. When I finally received it, the spelling was incorrect.

Comment

When I took that pic, I just got the uniform home, I hadn't applied my collar LT bars on yet. Out here, we only wear nameplates at specific sites as well, mine not being one. As for the whistle, I prefer to wear it from the button with the whistle actually being inside the pocket, having the cord run from the button to the outside of the pocket, but obviously TWC does not do this. The way I am wearing it is office standard.
              "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
              "The Curve" 1998

Comment

That's how I wear a whistle chain, as well. Whistle, handcuff key, pocket watch, whatever's on the end of that chain goes in the pocket, and the snake is put on the outside edge running to the shoulder board.

I like the WI SO badge, but I like most ovals and shields that Blackinton makes.

On to other things... I never understood why companies have such problems with nametags. You hire the guy, you order a name tag. Its that easy.
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

One of my officers (who has been on this forum before) just hit her 90 day mark and still no nametag.

Comment

One thing I've learned... If the company won't order one, just get it yourself. They're only $6-10 on average... And for those who don't want to wait all the shipping time, (or have access to the catalogs), most local award/trophy shops can make them for you, for about the same price. One of my co-workers had his made at the local trophy shop for $7, and aside from the name on it, it looks identical to the one I got from Galls a couple years ago...
                    Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                    Originally posted by ValleyOne
                    BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                    Shoulda called in sick.
                    Be safe!

Comment

This is the beauty of owning your own uniforms and pins. I have several name tags and am never at a loss for one since I bought them myself. They look better than the ones the company would have ordered too.
                      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by Bridgegate
                        Curious... Is that a regional thing up there? Over on this end of things, V-necks are strictly forbidden... Nobody wants to see our chest hair, apparently..
                        It's a New York State Police thing, our uniform policy is an almost verbatim copy of theirs. No idea why.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridgegate
                          One thing I've learned... If the company won't order one, just get it yourself. They're only $6-10 on average... And for those who don't want to wait all the shipping time, (or have access to the catalogs), most local award/trophy shops can make them for you, for about the same price. One of my co-workers had his made at the local trophy shop for $7, and aside from the name on it, it looks identical to the one I got from Galls a couple years ago...
                          I'm generally from the school of thought that if they don't provide me something, I don't really need it. There are a few exceptions, but nametags aren't one of them. If I wasn't provided a nametag, all the better - less complaints.

Comment

We don't wear name tags at the hospital I work at, but we are required to wear our hospital ID badge, which carries name, title, department, and our photo. Most us wear them hanging from one of our eppies anyway, so has the same effect as a name tag.
                            "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

I personally don’t like the whistle. I think its mostly for show and dressing. Besides there have been cases that it’s been used as a weapon against the officer as a garrote or a good punch to the chest can result in serious damage. We have the option of body armor (at our expense) that would keep it from casing impact injury but even then I hate anything that dangles from the uniform. I too am now considering putting it in my pocket. Other than my PD service award and flag pin (approved by the area Senior Captain) on the other side I reframe from any dangling “jewelry” on my uniform or on the pockets. As for the badge I use some cut plastic or cardboard behind the uniform to make the badge more straight and stable and keeps it from hanging or sagging. We are required by the client to wear black under shirts which I think look better than the white anyway.
                              My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Originally posted by Echos13
                                I personally don’t like the whistle. I think its mostly for show and dressing......
                                Perhaps that's true when worn as you describe. However, the whistle itself can be an important tool if one understands its many uses. See the thread I started several months ago, entitled: "Why carry a whistle?"

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X