No announcement yet.

Your Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being security at a nudist camp, we don't spend much money on uniforms.

Comment

Agreed.. But I think I like the other site better.. Nudist colony.. Hmm!
      Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Originally posted by mh892
        Being security at a nudist camp, we don't spend much money on uniforms.
        Must hurt to pin on the badge
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

This thread is becoming a:

Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Were can you go to get certified in carbine?

Comment

Originally posted by hemi444
              Were can you go to get certified in carbine?
              Not quite the thread for this question, but...

Check out Blackwater USA (http://www.blackwaterusa.com/training/

They are based in Moyock, North Carolina.

I'll warn you... the course(s) that Blackwater offers are not cheap, but definately worth every penny! The 5-day Pistol/Carbine course is what I would suggest. Whether you are seeking this training for work or personal, they are simply the best. It will cost you close to $2k in the end, but you will walk away with some of the best training you could ever ask for.
              "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Summer Uniform: Grayish Blue polo shirt, gray slacks, belt clip badge, black shoes.

Winter Uniform: White shirt and gray tie, gray slacks, belt clip badge and black shoes. (I like this more)

I'd rather wear black BDU style clothing but that is just me
                Shawn J. Gossman
                Security Officer
                5+ Years Experience

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
                  Not quite the thread for this question, but...

Check out Blackwater USA (http://www.blackwaterusa.com/training/

They are based in Moyock, North Carolina.

I'll warn you... the course(s) that Blackwater offers are not cheap, but definately worth every penny! The 5-day Pistol/Carbine course is what I would suggest. Whether you are seeking this training for work or personal, they are simply the best. It will cost you close to $2k in the end, but you will walk away with some of the best training you could ever ask for.
                  Your state licensing board will probably have a generic firearms course that you must take, along with a test on the carbine, that will license you to use it for X amount of years.

Keep in mind, some states regulate what you can carry.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

The only regulation we have is clothes must be a dark color, such as black, dark gray or navy blue. Thats about it.
                    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Mall Director.. Audio Recorder??? If the Officer's where I work were issued all that they would have a heart attack. Our shoulder patch is on left, with a Flag on the right.
                      "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

Originally posted by Mall Director
                        We have a pretty common uniform.. And at the end of this I know I am gonna hear it from you guys

White Uniform Shirt,
                        Company logo on each sleeve (black and gold)
                        Badge of course
                        Commendation bars (if earned)
                        Black slacks
                        Nylon duty belt
                        Keepers
                        Latex Glove pouch (and gloves)
                        Radio Holder
                        Motorolla P110's ad CT 250's
                        OC Holder (MK4) + OC (2 if authorized, interior spray, exterior spray)
                        Stinger type holder + light
                        Silent Key holder + keys
                        2 Double cuff cases + 4 nickel sets of cuffs
                        CPR mask holder + mask
                        cell holder (nylon of course)+ cell
                        2 compartment containers
                        Nylon Leatherman holder + tool
                        Nylon audio case + audio recorder
                        All of which is nylon
                        Magnum duty boots

and finally, yes, the @@@@@ trooper hat with accessories.

Officers can also attach further gear, if nylon holder is used.
                        Holy cow... Is that all issued, or do the officers have to supply some of it?
                        That is a lot of equipment - what happens when you have a skinny officer?
                        The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed.

Comment

Guess I could post my pics.
                          First is a shot of our company's standard uniform. It's lite blue shirt and navy pants.

Since I'm assigned to a Steel Mill the concern of wearing flammable clothing ment that we switched from the standard polyester uniform to a cotton/poly uniform in all Black.
                          Hospital Security Officer

Comment

This is the only picture I have of my uniform, or of anything else at work for

that matter. Hopefully I'll have some more later on. Our uniform consists of

dark blue shirts (long sleeve or short sleeve depending on the weather) and

dark blue BDUs. The Bureau says that it doesn't want us to look like police

officers, but that's exactly how they dress us.
                            Attached Files
                            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."
                            - Thomas Jefferson

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.”
                            — Vince Lombardi

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

IX. Strive to attain professional competence.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTjon
                              Holy cow... Is that all issued, or do the officers have to supply some of it?
                              That is a lot of equipment - what happens when you have a skinny officer?
                              LOL.. You use less belts keepers! Ha ha ha! I am a fairly slim fellow, and it was a challenge when I was an officer.
                              Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Not all of what he listed goes on the belt.
                                Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X