No announcement yet.

Your Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*cough* lol.. i actually dislike black on black or blue on blue....

if i was in charge of making uniforms, i would diffently stay away from meduim blue,yellow and white..

now like a forest green over black or tan over black or brown is not that bad..

i do like red over black with red stripes... but not many ppl do...

i also like dark grey over black :P
    When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

Comment

Some people will likely disagree with me, but I have lost my faith in 5.11. Ironically, a little over a year ago I loved 5.11 Uniforms. I especially like the long sleeve uniform shirt with those unique chest pockets, but they don't make any uniform shirts in grey. Anyways, 5.11 is great if you are fine with replacing your uniform every 6 months. Everything I have ever bought from 5.11 has fallen apart within 6-9 months of purchase. We're talking polos, socks, jackets, etc. At the same time, I wont be caught dead in anything made by Lawpro for the same reasons. Elbeco and Blauer is a better choice. Yes, it will cost you more initially, but the quality is unmatched. JMHO
      Last edited by davis002; 05-24-2006, 06:10 PM.
      "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Elbeco textrop is what we wear for our shirts, and elbeco pants and or proper bdu pants.

Elbeco is a high quailty shirt, creases hold well, thick and not "floppy and see thru like a lot of other shirts are" all though it is a lil warmer than some ill take my Elbeco's over anything else ive tried including galls line of shirts...
        When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

Comment

Snapped a quick picture before work. I'll see if I can get some better ones soon.
          Attached Files
          "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Holy crap. You guys carry carbines? What are you guarding? A Nuke site?
            Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard
              Holy crap. You guys carry carbines? What are you guarding? A Nuke site?
              Patrol Rifle in the trunk. I want the same. Why? Because a rifle puts more accurate fire on target. And if its bad enough that you need a rifle, waiting 30 minutes for the police to setup, coordinate, then arrive isn't going to help you or your client.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                Patrol Rifle in the trunk. I want the same. Why? Because a rifle puts more accurate fire on target. And if its bad enough that you need a rifle, waiting 30 minutes for the police to setup, coordinate, then arrive isn't going to help you or your client.
                Actually locked in a roof mount above the driver/passenger seat.

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
                  Actually locked in a roof mount above the driver/passenger seat.
                  Stop thinking! You're going to do something right over there...

On another note, I never understood why you would lock a long gun, rifle or shotgun, in the trunk. When I was working a post for a warm body company in the early 90s, I was put in "charge" of a bunch of non-licensed ticket takers at a venue. The security company's grand idea to save money - they take tickets, I take enforcement action, they save on licensing fees. One of the uniformed ticket takers was a Clearwater Police officer who was just retired. 90% of the ticket takers were former LE, and all of us had 4 hours to kill in the breakroom. So we started telling stories to pass the time.

Got to the part about where Clearwater Police put their shotguns in the trunks of their cars, because the shotgun couldn't fit in the passenger space. His words were priceless:

"Sirs! Yes, you six thugs in the car! Stay where you are while I go to the trunk and get my shotgun, please!"
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                    Stop thinking! You're going to do something right over there...

On another note, I never understood why you would lock a long gun, rifle or shotgun, in the trunk. When I was working a post for a warm body company in the early 90s, I was put in "charge" of a bunch of non-licensed ticket takers at a venue. The security company's grand idea to save money - they take tickets, I take enforcement action, they save on licensing fees. One of the uniformed ticket takers was a Clearwater Police officer who was just retired. 90% of the ticket takers were former LE, and all of us had 4 hours to kill in the breakroom. So we started telling stories to pass the time.

Got to the part about where Clearwater Police put their shotguns in the trunks of their cars, because the shotgun couldn't fit in the passenger space. His words were priceless:

"Sirs! Yes, you six thugs in the car! Stay where you are while I go to the trunk and get my shotgun, please!"
                    HAHA! Yea the idea is when the fit hits the shan, you need to be able to react quickly.

Comment

My uniform

Darkblue pants
                      Lightblue shirt
                      with shoulderpads companyname
                      patch on shirtpocket companyname
                      patch above pocket (national security emblem)
                      Black boots

Keys of the centre (when on duty)
                      Maglite
                      Motorola GP340
                      Cell phone
                      Latexgloves (in case off first-aid)

No weapons, no handcuffs (not allowed by law)

Comment

our uniform is :
                        White Shirt w/ epalutes (or POLO)
                        Black /Dark blue pants (cargos optional)
                        Boots

My belt is bianchi :
                        Double cuffs
                        Keys
                        OC
                        Tour track
                        D-cell
                        Stinger
                        Radio
                        Gloves
                        Robert
                        Here endith the lesson

Comment

Uniforms

What we wear, I actually like our uni's.

Black BDU pants.
                          White polo shirt, badge emblem on front, "Public Safety" print on back.
                          5.11 A.T.A.C. 8" boots
                          Nylon Duty belt
                          Nitrile glove holder
                          Radio holster.
                          Peerless chain handcuffs in nylon case
                          S&W Model 300 hinged, on a loop for plain view
                          Flashlight loop
                          OC in nylon.

Comment

Typically ours..

We have a pretty common uniform.. And at the end of this I know I am gonna hear it from you guys

White Uniform Shirt,
                            Company logo on each sleeve (black and gold)
                            Badge of course
                            Commendation bars (if earned)
                            Black slacks
                            Nylon duty belt
                            Keepers
                            Latex Glove pouch (and gloves)
                            Radio Holder
                            Motorolla P110's ad CT 250's
                            OC Holder (MK4) + OC (2 if authorized, interior spray, exterior spray)
                            Stinger type holder + light
                            Silent Key holder + keys
                            2 Double cuff cases + 4 nickel sets of cuffs
                            CPR mask holder + mask
                            cell holder (nylon of course)+ cell
                            2 compartment containers
                            Nylon Leatherman holder + tool
                            Nylon audio case + audio recorder
                            All of which is nylon
                            Magnum duty boots

and finally, yes, the @@@@@ trooper hat with accessories.

Officers can also attach further gear, if nylon holder is used.
                            Deputy Sheriff

Comment

Originally posted by IB107
                              and yes im fugly
                              We are all beautiful in our own unique way.

Working in house, we dress as the poulation does. Golf shirt, dress pants and wear the company ID.
                              When I started here in the 80's, we wore business suits - pin stripe - that were supplied, and our own shirts & ties.

Worked with guns before this job though.
                              Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
                              Groucho Marx

Comment

Uniform

Regardless of the style, it's very important that it is worn in a dignified manner. Pants pressed, shirt laundered and ironed, shirt and pants tucked in properly, and good posture. If you wear a clip-on tie, it needs to be the proper length, clean and pressed, and fit the collar correctly.

A sloppy uniform conveys indifference and laziness.
                                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X