Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Robber Escapes Security by Tossing Bills

Jersey City, NJ:
    A man robbed a bank by holding up a threatening note to the teller. The security guard engaged the robber after the teller pushed the alarm button, but he wrestled free and ran. The suspect threw a few $20 bills from the bag and the security guard stopped to pick them up while the suspect got away.

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/inde...350.xml&coll=3

A) Don't engage the guy in the lobby, if that's what you did.
    B) Don't run after the bozo, you idiot. You're lucky he didn't honor his promise to shoot you.
    C) You're already in fresh pursuit. Which is more important? Finish catching bad guy or enforce the no littering policy?
    Sheesh.
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Originally posted by 1stWatch
    C) You're already in fresh pursuit. Which is more important? Finish catching bad guy or enforce the no littering policy?
    Sheesh.
    Yeah, because that's what he was doing - enforcing the littering policy. Right.

Comment

He was able to recover some of the bank's money. Thats a plus. He probably saved himself from being shot by stopping the pursuit.
      "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
      "The Curve" 1998

Comment

What he's doing is tampering with evidence in a federal investigation. The bad guy touched them! They may have fingerprints on them! Well, maybe. They were disturbed now.

Remember the last article about a security guard chasing a bank robber? Off-duty cop.

If you are going to chase the bank robber, I hope you are:

1) Armed
        2) Trained in arrest and control tactics
        3) Have a radio (Not a cell phone) that you can make brief statements to someone in contact with the police on, and are doing so.

The reason I say radio and not cell phone is because the amount of attention a 911 dispatcher demands from you will most likely get you killed. Having a 911 dispatcher yelling at you to "calm down" while you're chasing someone, etc, may get you a bullet in the gut.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          If you are going to chase the bank robber, I hope you are:

1) Armed
          2) Trained in arrest and control tactics
          3) Have a radio (Not a cell phone) that you can make brief statements to someone in contact with the police on, and are doing so.

The reason I say radio and not cell phone is because the amount of attention a 911 dispatcher demands from you will most likely get you killed. Having a 911 dispatcher yelling at you to "calm down" while you're chasing someone, etc, may get you a bullet in the gut.
          My sentiments exactly.
          Was he armed? Since he wrestled with the suspect, probably not.
          Was he trained in arrest and control tactics? Um, apparently not. If he was, he was not very good at them.
          Even getting on a cell phone would be nice, but it sounds like he was the Lone Ranger acting Tonto to save the day.
          Bottom line, DON'T CHASE THE GUY.

What we have here is a "total lack of preparedness".
          "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Crazy thought.

I always wondered if that trick would work when a bank robber is trying to elude the police by fleeing in a car. Throwing cash out the freeway would probably cause a roadblock from all the "honest" drivers slamming on the brakes to get some of the cash.
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

somebody comes in with a gun..... robs a bank.... observe and report... give the last know location to the pd... dont case... dont pick up what ever the guy has thrown... close of the crime scene if possible dont let others enter the area
              When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by IB107
                somebody comes in with a gun..... robs a bank.... observe and report... give the last know location to the pd... dont case... dont pick up what ever the guy has thrown... close of the crime scene if possible dont let others enter the area
                Ditto. Cordon off the scene as best you can. Check for additional assailants. Check for injured parties. Don't touch anything. Your responsibility at this point is to victims, not to the money. A lone police officer would do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
                  He was able to recover some of the bank's money. Thats a plus. He probably saved himself from being shot by stopping the pursuit.
                  You don't really think he was stopping to recover that money for the bank, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
                    You don't really think he was stopping to recover that money for the bank, do you?
                    Sure. At least half for the bank and the rest for him.
                    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X