I am there and go to sleep when everyone has gone home,

I am a first responder to the Taco Bell when hunger arrives,

I am a guardian of my flashlight and keys,

I am always tired, always lazy

I risk nothing for those I am chosen to protect for I am not the Police,

I am a quasi-professional

I am a security guard

Comment

I like the "Semper Erectus" thing quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Investigation
        "security officer creed"

Isn't this actual training in most security guard companies?
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I like the creed. Excellent, really.
          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by Investigation View Post
            "security officer creed"

I am the protector of my paycheck given to me,

I use my eyes and ears to watch TV and listen to the radio,

I am there and go to sleep when everyone has gone home,

I am a first responder to the Taco Bell when hunger arrives,

I am a guardian of my flashlight and keys,

I am always tired, always lazy

I am a quasi-professional

I am a security guard
            hahahahahahaha
            Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Good to see I am not alone with those listed misspellings. Maybe I will be normal one day afterall.

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
              I often mistype "the" as "teh". Not on purpose, just typing fast and my fingers sometimes get ahead of themselves on certian words. Another one I am always doing for some darn reason is spelling "their" as "thier". I'm not sure why that happens but those 2 words are the main reason why I have to spell check or reedit posts.
              Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
              Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                Good to see I am not alone with those listed misspellings. Maybe I will be normal one day afterall.
                Definitely not alone. I once made a training module for presentation at a staff meeting wherein I misspelled the word "shirt" (forgot the "r"). It was in a sentence that said something along the lines of "All officers should ensure that their uniform s**t is clean, neat, and in a presentable condition. Inspections will be conducted at the beginning of each shift by the Watch Commander." That one took awhile to live down . . .
                The law is reason free from passion." -- Aristotle

Comment

Security Officer Creed

I had to copy and paste this for my company.

Comment

I give the O/P credit for taking time and energy to post his creed. Most spelling mistakes are honest mistakes. Honest mistakes are easily forgiven.
                    I dont see any reason to make fun of the O/P in a public forum. I'd say he has the right attitude. Why should anyone else take us seriously if we dont take ourselves seriously? Why should anyone else respect us if we dont respect each other?

I like funny as much as the next guy... but not at the expense of someone trying to do the right thing.

As far as spelling and grammer causing problems in court? Has anyone ever read a brief? An application? or an information?... LOL lawyers arent the best spellers all the time either.

Anyway I applaud the O/P for his efforts to share his personal pride in his profession.

Spuk!

Comment

Well.... as applicable to 2005 as it is today

Comment

I don't think anyone was making fun of the O/P, quite the opposite in fact. Several posts expressed gratitude and agreeance, there was some well-intentioned professional-to-professional suggestions and things to watch out for, and someone made a pretty well done satire of those in our profession who do give us a bad rap.

I will be borrowing and passing it along as well, with credit given of course. Thanks IB107, it is very well done.
                        That's a direct quote. Not word for word, but the gist of it.

Comment

I would risk my safety for others...I did it in the past and would do it again anytime.The risk are part of the job...I aint a cop..but like it or not this uniform means responsability..(civies think you actually can do something)...

And for god's sakes...here you arent allowed to carry a gun..and you guys have guns..it grants you a lot more protective power..

The difference between you and police is that you are usually THERE the MOMENT things happen.They act after it happens.The incident starts usually right next to us.

Its hard to explain.We arent there to act afterwards but right when it happens.I wont back off...(except against firearms).(or srynges)...
                          Ain't war hell?

Comment

Really enjoyed the creed, but Semper Erectus? Semper Paratus (Always Ready, although its USCG) or Semper Vigilans (Always Vigilant / Watchful) would work.
                            "Boobs?! Those aren't boobs! They're LIES!" - Stewie Griffin / Family Guy

Comment

Originally posted by War113 View Post
                              I would risk my safety for others...I did it in the past and would do it again anytime.The risk are part of the job...I aint a cop..but like it or not this uniform means responsability..(civies think you actually can do something)...

And for god's sakes...here you arent allowed to carry a gun..and you guys have guns..it grants you a lot more protective power..

The difference between you and police is that you are usually THERE the MOMENT things happen.They act after it happens.The incident starts usually right next to us.

Its hard to explain.We arent there to act afterwards but right when it happens.I wont back off...(except against firearms).(or srynges)...
                              Security = Proactive; deterring criminal activity via verbal and limited physical intervention due to the fact that the police will not necessarily be needed at that time.
                              Police = Reactive; responding to life-threatening emergency calls when first option (security) did not work
                              "Boobs?! Those aren't boobs! They're LIES!" - Stewie Griffin / Family Guy

Comment

Martin32.

The police have both proactive roles, and reactive roles. In fact the greater part of policing is the patrol function. The patrol function is by definition a proactive function.

Security also has proactive roles, and reactive roles. Who as a security officer has not been assigned to a post, or had a change of orders in reaction to an incident, or situation. I do believe that there are even security companies that specialize in reactive services. One being CIS.

Spuk!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X