Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

security officer creed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • security officer creed

    so after being informed i was in charge of writting my posts "new" post orders as the one that we have atm are only 1 page, i wrote this.

    "security officer creed"

    I am the protector of life and propety intursted to me,

    I am the eyes and ears, when no one else is watching,

    I am there when every one else has gone to sleep or gone home,

    I am a first responder to that which is intrusted to me,

    I am a guardian of my people whom i watch,

    I am always ready, always motivatied

    I am alwars alert, always vigiliant

    I risk my safety for that of those i am chosen to protect,

    I am a professional

    I am a security officer

    "Semper Erectus"


    ------------------------------------

    semper erectus = Latin meaning “Ever Upright”, or more appropriately “Always Up”
    When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

  • #2
    I enjoyed reading the s/o creed that you wrote. It is very well thought out. Just a side note, since you are responsible for writing new post orders; please double check spelling and grammar. Although this forum is informal and we're not going to make a 'Federal case' out of using proper English, the post orders need to be free of all errors so that you receive a favorable response for your hard work.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Mr. Security
      I enjoyed reading the s/o creed that you wrote. It is very well thought out. Just a side note, since you are responsible for writing new post orders; please double check spelling and grammar. Although this forum is informal and we're not going to make a 'Federal case' out of using proper English, the post orders need to be free of all errors so that you receive a favorable response for your hard work.
      Were anyone to write new general, roving or post orders and not properly word them, that company and the person responsible for writing them could be torn apart on the witness stand.
      No one person should be responsible for writing these orders. The person most responsible for security, hopefully someone who has that experience should present the draft to the chief of security. After he clears it and confers with the writer, it then goes to three people: Public affairs, legal counsel and the most senior person in the business for their input. After they have had they say, the order or orders are finalized, sent for the proper coordination and then and only then, submitted for signature.
      These key players are on staff to ensure nothing is done that will destroy morale, the company's image and finally bring the company down, as in out of business.
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill

      Comment


      • #4
        Is this something you wrote in addition to "Post Orders"? Or is this what you wrote as "Post Orders"?

        Comment


        • #5
          Good creed. I would like to forward that to the officers on my post...

          I wonder how many people are going to chuckle a bit or smile at, "Semper Erectus" though.
          "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
          "The Curve" 1998

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
            Good creed. I would like to forward that to the officers on my post...

            I wonder how many people are going to chuckle a bit or smile at, "Semper Erectus" though.
            sure go ahead and forward it :P i plan on looking into the possbility of make the creed on some t-shirts, with some "security" designs on it.

            idk some may get a chuckle out of "semper erectus",

            as for the poster who said did i write this as the post orders, answer no, it was in not a addition to it, it was some thing i wrote for fun

            and for the person who stated if im writting them they need to be reveiwed for typos and etc, we plan on doing it but since im am the only "full time officer" ( 5 days ) at my post i was given the "oppertunity" (err task) of writting post orders which my boss will review,edit,revise, etc....
            Last edited by IB107; 05-21-2006, 07:34 AM.
            When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't mean to be picky but what is it these days with people not using CAPITAL letters? I have 3 young guys on my staff & all of them write reports like these posts. Sentences that don't have capital letters at the begining, "i" instead of "I" etc etc. Is it due to internet chat? (Sorry for venting )
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

              Comment


              • #8
                Thats a good creed Except most of it doesnt apply to warm body security.
                They never risk theyre safety to protect others.
                Last edited by bigdog; 05-21-2006, 08:09 AM.
                "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                  I don't mean to be picky but what is it these days with people not using CAPITAL letters? I have 3 young guys on my staff & all of them write reports like these posts. Sentences that don't have capital letters at the begining, "i" instead of "I" etc etc. Is it due to internet chat? (Sorry for venting )
                  Good question. Rules for interacting with human beings include:
                  - u, r, y, ne1, and their ilk are not words. They are lazy typing.
                  - teh, thar, internets, interweb, intarweb, and some other words are Internet Memes. Randomly misspelling every other word is not.
                  - complete lack of capitalization comes across as extremely low self worth and worth of others. People who do not capitalize "I" are either lazy, or have no self worth. People who do not captialize Personal Names either have little respect for them, or are lazy.
                  - This is not a cell phone. txt does not belong on the internet!

                  </rant>
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

                  "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I often mistype "the" as "teh". Not on purpose, just typing fast and my fingers sometimes get ahead of themselves on certian words. Another one I am always doing for some darn reason is spelling "their" as "thier". I'm not sure why that happens but those 2 words are the main reason why I have to spell check or reedit posts.
                    Hospital Security Officer

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by EMTGuard
                      I often mistype "the" as "teh". Not on purpose, just typing fast and my fingers sometimes get ahead of themselves on certian words. Another one I am always doing for some darn reason is spelling "their" as "thier". I'm not sure why that happens but those 2 words are the main reason why I have to spell check or reedit posts.
                      At least you correct your own mistakes. Anyone can 'goof-up' with spelling and grammar. Also, poor spelling doesn't necessarily mean that a person is unintelligent. If an individual knows that they need to improve their writing skills, then they should keep working at it and remember to double check their reports before submitting them to management, etc.
                      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I make spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes when I type (using all four fingers I type with ) but I always read my work and edit as necessary (and sometimes I still miss my goofs). I can only guess that the internet chat/email of today is the cause for so many to use these bad habits. My own kids do it and when I say why - I'm told something along the line of "Dad, that's just the way we do it now."

                        Yeah........right...ok. Well guess I am definitly "old" now.
                        "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'll explain my stance on "the way we do it now."

                          * Batou has connected
                          * Batou is now a Network Administrator
                          * Batou has joined #Evangelion
                          #Evangelion This is #Evangelion. | !list does not work here. | All Hail Yui! | We speak English in this channel. txt and AOLSpeek is not English!
                          <Batou> I live...
                          ...
                          * Guest35251 ([email protected])
                          <Guest35251> [21:32:00] sup
                          <Guest35251> [21:32:07] d u hav ne warez??????
                          <Guest35251> [21:32:15] helo???????
                          * Mode Set: +b Guest35251
                          * Batou has kicked Guest35251 from #Evangelion (Reason: You don't read topics much, do you?)

                          I love IRC.
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

                          "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by aka Bull
                            .... I can only guess that the internet chat/email of today is the cause for so many to use these bad habits. My own kids do it and when I say why - I'm told something along the line of "Dad, that's just the way we do it now."

                            Yeah........right...ok. Well guess I am definitly "old" now.
                            I know what you mean. Kids today seem to have a very limited vocabulary as indicated by their inability to convey basic information without the constant use of: It's like, you know... (Repeat at the beginning of every sentence )
                            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mr. Security
                              I know what you mean. Kids today seem to have a very limited vocabulary as indicated by their inability to convey basic information without the constant use of: It's like, you know... (Repeat at the beginning of every sentence )
                              Lord, I hate hearing that line! Now I know how my dad felt, he hated the answer "I don't know".
                              "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

                              Comment

                              Leaderboard

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X