Fake ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake ID

What are some of the things that would tip you off to an ID being fake ?

Besides pictures and description being different, I've always given the card a little bend, if its a shoddy lamination job the laminante will crack. It will usually crack at the bottom or top of the bend. You don't have to bend it at a 90 degree angle or anything, just a little bit. Try it on your ID, the laminate won't crack (as long as you don't have a fake).

Comment

One way I have found fake ID's is to become familiar with the print and stock of an authentic ID under good lighting. If you have a good eye, you should notice the differences.
      ========================================
      Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out! - Unknown

Comment

In WA state, ( I dont know about others) you get your drivers license number. Such as mine, LAWSOBC154MJ.

This all means something. The first five letters are of your last name. The next is your first initial and the last is your middle initial. The 154 derives from your year of birth. This number, when added to your year of birth will always equal 2000, unless born post-2000 (In which, it should be pretty easy to tell they're underage!) the M and J are coded by which month and day you were born.

Once you know all this info, it makes it easier to spot ID's that people have made using some kind of format on their PC. Most people dont know the codes and wont make them fit the stuff on their card.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Fake ID's in Conn. can really be high-tech and extremely difficult to discern. To further compound the issue, an investigation regarding a scandal at the DMV revealed that real driver licenses were issued to unknown individuals by corrupt DMV clerks in exchange for money.

I prefer to ask the individual questions that he/she should know, based on their ID, if I have suspicions.
          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Mr. Security has one of the best suggestions, right there. Ask the person if, based on their knowledge, there is something that you should be aware of.

If they say no, there is nothing, and it is a fake ID, then there's stronger grounds for "intent" to use the fake ID. This can add additional charges later, if that avenue is pursued.

Most states use the Soundex statem. Example, my name is Corbier, which translates to C616. Florida uses your DOB for a check digit. WI does not.

Most use the Plastic Film laminate card, now. If you need to detect fake IDs frequently, invest in a UV pen light or keychain light, such as a Streamlight Stylus UV. Holography, combined with UV ink, will show the common variety fake ID at times.

The really professional ones are an indicator that you are dealing with a high threat indicator, they paid a pretty price for their fake credentials. The ones your examining right now. Be prepared to counter their possible attack to prevent you from reporting the credentials fake, as well as retrieving them. You "know too much," not just have their fake ID.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Just recently the Secret Service busted a 19yo for making QUALITY SS ids on his home computer.

Comment

My state has quite a way to go to make more foolproof id's. Identity theft is a major problem here.
                "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Now that 26 million SSN's, etc., have apparently been stolen from veterans, the identity theft problem is really going to be a major headache for security and LE.

Comment

Someone stole my identity once, they called me and asked me to take it back

Comment

Originally posted by GCMC Security
                      Someone stole my identity once, they called me and asked me to take it back
                      You forgot to say: "I don't get any respect..." Rodney Dangerfield

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                        Now that 26 million SSN's, etc., have apparently been stolen from veterans, the identity theft problem is really going to be a major headache for security and LE.
                        Hey, guys... How many of you are affected by this, and what have you done about it? If you were in any branch of the service, or have ever filed any VA claim, its time to get some consumer credit monitoring from the three credit unions and call your banks for fraud alert monitoring.
                        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                          Hey, guys... How many of you are affected by this, and what have you done about it? If you were in any branch of the service, or have ever filed any VA claim, its time to get some consumer credit monitoring from the three credit unions and call your banks for fraud alert monitoring.
                          Nathan in my case, both my wife and I are as risk because she was a dependent and I received VA benefits for awhile.
                          I used my guide specifically the portion on IT security to perform a courtesy survey on that Department. Ran into the business end of a buzz saw. It is alright to have your head in the sand, but one must remember other vital parts of the body are subsequently exposed.
                          Enjoy the day,
                          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Defensive tactics
                            What are some of the things that would tip you off to an ID being fake ?

Here your Opps is looks like a credit car type of Id. Its all computer generated with a special optic with the foil State of Michigan seal on it in several locations. Its kind of hard to make a fake one but they do exist. I check for the smallest things. Usualy with this type of ID you can tell by looking at the picture and its pixelation or by the decorations at the top to see if its missing anything. Also there is a magnetic swipe line on the back for scanning which PDs don't use yet but soon they will..

The old ones were easy to detect. Cut the seal and splice in new photo to someone elses id
                            http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3203/darrell29jc.gif

The FUTURE is MSP...

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X