Another black eye for us....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another black eye for us....

...and not only security, but cops as well...

http://tinyurl.com/saddleback-thefts
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Great.

Hope he enjoys his stay in the Crossbar Hotel; may it be a long visit.

Wonder why he's an "ex-police officer"? Possibly malfeasance (just a WAG)?

Nice ear, by the way... with a matching mouse, too.
    "I'll defend with my life your right to disagree with me" - anonymous

Comment

Sec,

Thanks for the link. I'm actually more interested to see the Church side of security and that link helps out.

Comment

Originally posted by jtwestern View Post
        Sec,

Thanks for the link. I'm actually more interested to see the Church side of security and that link helps out.
        There is a growing interest in this area, JTW - for obvious reasons.

Have you seen this document from ASIS? Securing Houses of Worship
        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Sec,

Thanks. I did see it but glossed over it. It's interesting how the attitude regarding security in houses of worship differs from the rest of the industry. (Now...if I could just wear my Monks robe and pack an MP5K)...

Comment

I wonder what kind of background Saddalback had done on the ex-LAPD officer? Good Link to ASIS. House of worship security seems to be an area that isn't thought of. I've read estimates that the mindset is more than 20 years behind(acceptance of cameras, armed security, monetary safeguards in place, locked doors, etc. ) I am attending a House of worship security training session next month and look forward to seeing and hearing more about this topic.
            Many recieve advice,few profit by it. Publilus Syrus, 42 B.C.

"Brave men are courageous from the first strike" Pierre Corneleille, Le Cid

Comment

Thanks for the link SecTrainer. I was just called by a church about training up a security staff for them. So, for me it is a timely read.

Dave
              David Tombleson
              Executive Security Manager
              Wy'east Tactical, LLC
              www.wyeasttactical.com

Comment

"Thats one of those things you just dont do...its like punching a nun."
                lol

I wonder how an ex-officer gets to the point where he feels he needs to steal from the church that trusts him with their assets. Maybe he shouldve attended their services. sounds like he needs it.
                sigpic

Comment

The thief likely was a drug addict. I'd be interested in information on his back round.

Seems to me, Houses of Worship should first contact a security consultant before doing anything else. I'll check the other thread before going off topic here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Saxon View Post
                    I like making bs assumptions with no information I'd be interested in information on his backGround.
                    Edited for accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by doulos Christou View Post
                      Edited for my own bs opinion of the post I quoted
                      By stating my assumption is BS, you are also stating that the opposite of what I am assuming is true: the thief is not a drug addict.

That is at least as BS as what I said. After all, former police who have worked security at a specific site wouldn't at all think it risky and desperate to steal from that site, and we all know drug addicts, when they rarely do commit crimes, almost never commit crimes that are risky or desperate. Because drug addiction actually lends its self to clear thinking, patient and well considered decisions.

Comment

As if LAPD didn't already have brown skidmarks on its reputation. What an ass.
                        Most of what we call management consists of making it difficult for people to get their work done.
                        -- Peter Drucker

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Saxon View Post
                          By stating my assumption is BS, you are also stating that the opposite of what I am assuming is true: the thief is not a drug addict.

That is at least as BS as what I said. After all, former police who have worked security at a specific site wouldn't at all think it risky and desperate to steal from that site, and we all know drug addicts, when they rarely do commit crimes, almost never commit crimes that are risky or desperate. Because drug addiction actually lends its self to clear thinking, patient and well considered decisions.
                          No, what I am stating is that you made an obviously uneducated assumption based on no fact. Not all thieves are druggies and not all druggies are thieves. The two are generally mutually exclusive. To insinuate, with no factual basis, that one is the cause or result of the other is purely idiotic.

Comment

stealing is low, but stealing from a church??? that is the lowest of them all!!!!
                            sigpic
                            DnT Designs
                            Click Here
                            =======================================
                            Views or opinions presented in this FORUM POSTING are solely those of the author.
                            Check out DnT Designs, tons of items for those that protect the public!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X