No announcement yet.

do you accept discounts ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless your in this county then its almost all contract corrections....Corrections Corporation of America (aka Corrupt Corrections of America) runs all the jails in this county. (Except for the State's Work Camp)

Comment

I worked custody(jail) by choice - and didn't want to work the streets. I found custody to be just the challenge I wanted.

I've never understood how many cops look down on custody officers (whether or not they are sworn). They sure liked getting any tips we could pass along to help them solve their cases (I was able to help one department solve an open gang murder based on information I came across in the jail).

Besides, if (IMO) you want to learn about people and how they think, behave, etc....try custody work for a year. It'll beat any college degree in social behavioral science.
      Last edited by aka Bull; 05-23-2006, 11:55 AM.
      "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by aka Bull
        I worked custody(jail) by choice - and didn't want to work the streets. I found custody to be just the challenge I wanted.

I've never understood how many cops look down on custody officers (whether or not they are sworn). They sure liked getting any tips we could pass along to help them solve their cases (I was able to help one department solve an open gang murder based on information I came across in the jail).

Besides, if (IMO) you want to learn about people and how they think, behave, etc....try custody work for a year. It'll beat any college degree in social behavioral science.
        That is so very true. Sheriff Dan Tehan(?), Hamilton County Ohio, stated in closed session of the Sheriffs Association in 1971, much valuable information came from those prisoners relating to crimes that were either unsolved or never reported to law enforcement.
        I keep saying over and over again, the same thing applies to street people. If they are handled properly and kindly, they represent a treasure trove of valuable information. In your capacity, you can act on it or pass it to that agency that has jurisdiction.
        My partner and I helped DEA and a military investigative agency break up a cocaine smuggling ring based on just such a source.
        For health reasons, we were both reassigned. Loose lips...
        aka Bull, thank you for fiving us that insight.
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill

Comment

Originally posted by aka Bull
          Here in California county jails at least, with the exception of newly-graduated deputies, the deputies assigned to the jail or to transportation were the ones who could not handle it out on the streets.

The California Department of Corrections (CDC) and the California Youth Authority (CYA) who run the state prisons for adults and juveniles respectively are totally different animals. The Corrections Officers who work there are true corrections professionals who want to work in the prisons, while most sheriff deputies who work in the jail just want to get out on patrol.

Comment

Originally posted by histfan71
            Here in California county jails at least, with the exception of newly-graduated deputies, the deputies assigned to the jail or to transportation were the ones who could not handle it out on the streets.

The California Department of Corrections (CDC) and the California Youth Authority (CYA) who run the state prisons for adults and juveniles respectively are totally different animals. The Corrections Officers who work there are true corrections professionals who want to work in the prisons, while most sheriff deputies who work in the jail just want to get out on patrol.
            While I agree that many working the jails are there to work their way out onto the streets, I can't agree that those in the department I worked for (in California) in the jail were the ones who "could not handle it out on the streets". Some couldn't, but those were judged individually. The majority of us chose custody as a professional choice. I also worked as an officer in the Colorado prison system in the late 80's. Between the two groups I'd choose the men and women I worked with in the county jail.

I had many contacts with other agencies officers (I ran the custody gang & classification units) as well as CDC & CYA staff - and from them learned that they too have their balance of good and not so good people.

I say we have to look at the individual, not the general group, to determine their capabilities, their "fit" in the work, and their professionalism.

And this applies as well to the officers in our security department here too.

Just my opinion.
            "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Many cops look down on corrections officers, as seen on O.com. Just read the heated posts that occur when CO's say that they should be extended PC.
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                Many cops look down on corrections officers, as seen on O.com. Just read the heated posts that occur when CO's say that they should be extended PC.
                I very rarely even glimpse at that website anymore. It seems heated posts are all that remain on their forums.
                "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                  I very rarely even glimpse at that website anymore. It seems heated posts are all that remain on their forums.
                  Amen........
                  Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X