Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok this is kinda like two posts in one but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackhole
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    No, your supposed to wash it 5 days a week.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackhole
    1 shirt? So you only worked one day a week and walked around in your underwear?
    No, your supposed to wash it 5 days a week.

Leave a comment:

• Jackhole
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Was this Securex? We were issued one white shirt. I wouldn't wear the thing, so I bought a uniform shirt, ripped their patch off, and velcro'ed it on. When I turned in my uniform patch after they stopped paying me (2 missed checks = I'm already working for someone else)... They asked where their $50.00 shirt was. My reply was, "In your drawer, because you gave me a $5.00 hand-me-down shirt from the used uniform store in Clearwater."
    1 shirt? So you only worked one day a week and walked around in your underwear?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Blame_The_Guard
    Once, when looking for a job, I called a company in responce to an ad. Since they were located across the bay, they (he) offered to drive over and meet me for coffee..... I could sign the employment papers, etc. there. I thought that was very considerate. We met, and while talking over the job and whatnot, I asked about uniforms. He asked, "Uh.... do you have a white shirt?" I thanked him for the coffee and left.

John the Gateboy
    Was this Securex? We were issued one white shirt. I wouldn't wear the thing, so I bought a uniform shirt, ripped their patch off, and velcro'ed it on. When I turned in my uniform patch after they stopped paying me (2 missed checks = I'm already working for someone else)... They asked where their $50.00 shirt was. My reply was, "In your drawer, because you gave me a $5.00 hand-me-down shirt from the used uniform store in Clearwater."

Leave a comment:

• Blame_The_Guard
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackhole
    Oh, I know there's places that do make you buy your own gear - they just won't be lucky enough to get me as an employee, whether it be PD, security, whatever.

We have take-home radios also, but I just leave mine in my locker. I've yet to find a reason to take mine home.
    Once, when looking for a job, I called a company in responce to an ad. Since they were located across the bay, they (he) offered to drive over and meet me for coffee..... I could sign the employment papers, etc. there. I thought that was very considerate. We met, and while talking over the job and whatnot, I asked about uniforms. He asked, "Uh.... do you have a white shirt?" I thanked him for the coffee and left.

John the Gateboy

Leave a comment:

• Jackhole
    replied
    Originally posted by Tennsix
    About the only time I use my lights is for an emergency run or traffic control. I will turn the lights off during a traffic stop, if we are not a traffic hazard.
    Actually, when you're a traffic hazard is a time to leave them off, also. I'm not sure what color you're using there, but it's been proven that drunken, elderly and confused drivers drive TOWARDS the reds, while they drive AWAY from the amber lights. If you have an ArrowStick, leave that on or just the rear deck flashers. It could save your life.

Leave a comment:

• T202
    replied
    About the only time I use my lights is for an emergency run or traffic control. I will turn the lights off during a traffic stop, if we are not a traffic hazard.
    It was against our Offical Orders to turn off the overhead while on a stop. However when we mobilized to a city that was having a lot of problems, the first thing the Capt said was "turn off your overhead after you make a stop. The light will attract a lot of unwanted attention."
    Last edited by T202; 05-16-2006, 03:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    You're lucky. In some states, if you turn the red and blues off, and they leave -- its not fleeing and eluding! Because the lights are off, they are "free to go." BS? Yes.

If I was pulled over on an accident or something, I would use the overheads (amber/white) till everyone was out of the road, then switch to the amber/red rear deck lights. It was rear facing traffic that was the problem, not front.

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Originally posted by ycaso77
    Deck and dash strobes, those are nice for the " guess whose here" suprise roll-ups.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    I am of the opinion that deck lights are the most appropriate type of lights for security in patrol who use Crown Victorias.

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Last edited by Tennsix; 05-14-2006, 12:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• OccamsRazor
    Guest replied
    I even remember until quite recently a local city police dept. had amber and blue light bars.
    Oddly enough, I've seen an odd combo like that twice now...In Alaska, all of the airport vehicles (not LE, but plows, maintenance, etc) have blue and amber strobes. Also, a local LE agency here has that combo. They have a full blue LED lightbar, red and blue LEDs in the rear window, and a few have a rotating blue/amber combo mounted upside down over the passenger side. I talked to an officer who simply hates it, due to the flashback effect...But no one can tell me WHY they have it.

Leave a comment:

• Knight Watch
    replied
    Deck and dash strobes, those are nice for the " guess whose here" suprise roll-ups.
    PEEEK-AAA-BOOO I SEEEEE YOU!

Leave a comment:

• Knight Watch
    replied
    We just had our uniform allowence taken away for this year we got $450.00 a year for unis, equipment, boots, as for vest the hospital would buy it up front and payroll deduct $25.00 a check ($50 a mo.) untill payed off. they wont even do that now gee thanks. but at the $$$ I am making + the benni's I would not be able to find a job that pays even close, even if I went back to working in a body shop. So next mo I am getting some stuff out of my pocket.

We have a new director of security now he started as a Officer 20 years ago and is now the director (a very good thing) and hopefully will get some of our $ back. (the previous director was the Finance officer and wanted to shave down the budget and guess who got SHAVED.)

as for the lights we have green to rock on! Our thinking was this:

Red and Blue are PD and Fire / EMS. yellow people think, Mail man, Tow truck. soo we went with GREEN and people are like WHAT IS THAT! (there is the BE SEEN part)

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    That type of patrol sounds exactly like what I do. Patrolling in large apartment complexes working for a small company with cars like that sounds just like the last company I worked for. I own all my uniforms and gear as well, as most companies in my area require you to either buy the uniforms outright or pay for them in installments, usually $25 per check until they're paid for. Every patrol company I know of in north Texas has their officers buy their own gear and weapons. We're also armed with pistol, baton, oc, and handcuffs and many wear vests as well. As for that sounding "too leo", I don't really believe it does since I understand the nature of the job. Don't expect the leo's to though.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X