Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Anyone who has never been torn a new one by a Defense Attorney hasn't lived. You better have all of your ducks in row.

Comment

Originally posted by talon
        Anyone who has never been torn a new one by a Defense Attorney hasn't lived. You better have all of your ducks in row.

BTDT my butt bleed for a month afterwards to..
        http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3203/darrell29jc.gif

The FUTURE is MSP...

Comment

Amen!! That's why my company says: "Just don't do it." That's the reason we are not issued cuffs. High profile sites might be an exception to this policy.
          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
            Amen!! That's why my company says: "Just don't do it." That's the reason we are not issued cuffs. High profile sites might be an exception to this policy.
            Your company also doesn't want to pay for the training involved in performing such duties.

I've asked around. Basically, a simple class is all it'd take. A lawyer and a cop could prepare the class, it'd take about 2 hours to complete.

But, that's two hours you have to pay someone to train, pay everyone to attend, and then another 4 hours to teach them basic DT, another 2 hours to teach them handcuffing... Oh, wait, I'm thinking again.

Just give them the paper law class and send them out with cuffs. They'll figure out how they work, they've watched COPS.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              Just give them the paper law class and send them out with cuffs. They'll figure out how they work, they've watched COPS.
              Rats!! You mean there is more to it than putting the cuffs on as tight as possible?

Seriously though, our local PD may provide cuff training for s/o's at no charge or at a nominal fee. Even so, there is no way my security company is going to take on that liability. Actually, some of their guards have problems with reporting on time and in uniform. I can't blame them for not trusting them with a task like that.
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

This is why we take a 40 hour course on "Powers Of Arrest." Sure, its not comprehensive in any means, but it gives us a much better understanding than is gained from the 8 hour guard card class. Also, beyond the study material, the instructors have a LOT of really good information from real life experiances (most are retired police, sheriffs ect...).

Comment

Originally posted by knotquiteawake
                  This is why we take a 40 hour course on "Powers Of Arrest." Sure, its not comprehensive in any means, but it gives us a much better understanding than is gained from the 8 hour guard card class. Also, beyond the study material, the instructors have a LOT of really good information from real life experiances (most are retired police, sheriffs ect...).
                  That is the kind of course that should be mandatory in each state for security before carrying handcuffs and being armed in my opinion.
                  "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                    Seriously though, our local PD may provide cuff training for s/o's at no charge or at a nominal fee...
                    If they aren't so gracious as to provide that training at no cost it may be possible to take the same course they go through at a local college or university. I remember taking the PPCT course at a community college here in 2001. It was the same course the police officers went through and they were in the same class as us. The PPCT course was an individual course.
                    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Up here, I asked about the tactics courses and that. You have to have instructor approval, and the instructors require you be already through the ASCJ course before taking the "Associate of Applied Science" courses.

The other problem is that the DAAT program is geared for law enformement officers specifically, and relies on their state authority for many of the priveliages that they are bestowed.
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Thats the reason I dont make citizens arrest that often lack of DT training and lack of knowledge of criminal procedure.
                        "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X