X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by 1stWatch
    That sounds similar to what started the United States civil war.
    The separtists have decided to try & separte democratically. In the 70's there was a gang of them that formed the Front du Liberation de Quebec (FLQ) that set bombs in public areas in Montreal (mostly mailboxes). They also kidnapped 2 people. A few people were killed. The organization was denounnced by most of the separatists who decided they would use the politcal system to gain their "country".

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity
    Yet! By the way there is a 4th which actually won the most seats in Quebec in the last election. The Bloc Quebecois. It only runs candidates in Quebec. They want Quebec to separate from Canada. They decided to form a party & run candidates at the federal level to "protect the interests of Quebecers until we separate". It's not the party I've voted for but it is one of their members that now "represents me" in parliament
    That sounds similar to what started the United States civil war.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Look at South Africa.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    It would be nice to have an organization to advocate higher wages and better training for all of us in security. The downside, in my opinion, is the possibility of a strike. I do not want to be put in a position where I'm treated as a SCAB just because I need to go to work. Also, don't forget what happened with the ATC's in 1981 with President Reagan. PATCO was officially dissolved and the strikers fired. Apples and oranges? Think again. Security is a vital part of the nation's security. If the union grew large enough, it could happen.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by LavianoTS386
    What it sounds like to me is that the SEIU see's this as an oppertunity to spread it's "noble" word and tells Senator Clinton that if more NY security would go through their program the incident would have never even happened in the first place. Senator Clinton hears them tell her that guards are under trained and repeats the union information to the press.
    Indeed. I asked some folks at NAPSOA what they thought about this. The answer was, "Anyone but SEIU."

NAPSOA isn't a collective barganing concern (yet), but I'd rather go with them or the FOP than the SEIU. At least NAPSOA is only for security personnel, and whatever the FOP is concocting is for LEOs or Security Personnel.

The concept of not being able to work due to breaking a strike motion because the janitors aren't being given the right hand wash scares the hell out of me.

Leave a comment:

• LavianoTS386
    replied
    What it sounds like to me is that the SEIU see's this as an oppertunity to spread it's "noble" word and tells Senator Clinton that if more NY security would go through their program the incident would have never even happened in the first place. Senator Clinton hears them tell her that guards are under trained and repeats the union information to the press.

Leave a comment:

• darrell
    replied
    Yet! By the way there is a 4th which actually won the most seats in Quebec in the last election. The Bloc Quebecois. It only runs candidates in Quebec. They want Quebec to separate from Canada. They decided to form a party & run candidates at the federal level to "protect the interests of Quebecers until we separate". It's not the party I've voted for but it is one of their members that now "represents me" in parliament

Thats not a good thing. That will only start a riff between all the other Provinces in Canada. If Quebec seperates then all the others will want to do the same thing and it will break up your unity..

The Conservatives won almost all the seats in Ontario except in the Toronto area which is Pro-Liberal. One reason for their high crime rate and legalization of certain drugs..

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by darrell
    Hmmmmmmm Its not the Liberal party nor the Conservitive party so I'd have to say its the 3rd party in Canada that never gets many seats

Leave a comment:

• darrell
    replied
    The board is overrun with Republicans !

Sit down before you read this: I've voted NDP in the past. (I'll let you use your investigative skills to find out what side of the political fence they are on )
    Hmmmmmmm Its not the Liberal party nor the Conservitive party so I'd have to say its the 3rd party in Canada that never gets many seats

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    The board is overrun with Republicans !

Sit down before you read this: I've voted NDP in the past. (I'll let you use your investigative skills to find out what side of the political fence they are on )

Leave a comment:

• darrell
    replied
    Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
    +1 To that. I cant imagine the thought of Senator Clinton being our next U.S. President. It blows my mind. Our first woman president is supposed to be some giant step for the U.S. not some "Hey world, look at us, we're retarted" statement.
    I agree............ Now if its time for a woman to run the country then its got to be Condi...... Nothing less would suffice..

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    +1 To that. I cant imagine the thought of Senator Clinton being our next U.S. President. It blows my mind. Our first woman president is supposed to be some giant step for the U.S. not some "Hey world, look at us, we're retarted" statement.

Leave a comment:

• darrell
    replied
    Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
    Yeah, I like how the guards do well, two times in less than a month, stopping jumpers and how do they get rewarded? Being called undertrained. Good work Senator Clinton, you are a true hero to America.

I HATE Billery and his man wife............. They look down on security, military and Law Enforcement as a whole. They think they are a joke.

That guard did a fine job in saving a life. I hope they keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by CAR54
    From what I can tell by reading the article, the union has a beef with the guards employer at the tower and they (the union) contacted Sen. Clinton. Better training for security personal is one of her pet projects.

WE know the guard did a great job. He could just as easily have done nothing besides call the authorities. The guard grabbed the jumper and pulled him down, then I assumed restrained him. How would additional training have benefited the situation?.
    If he was properly trained he would have been more able to keep himself from letting his natural instinct take over and would not have been so tempted to try to play hero by stopping a man from committing suicide. No, he would have been able to stop and say, "Wait, this is a job for the police. And I am not Police" Then he would have actually been of sound mind enough to call the NYPD and have them do the job.

Leave a comment:

• CAR54
    replied
    From what I can tell by reading the article, the union has a beef with the guards employer at the tower and they (the union) contacted Sen. Clinton. Better training for security personal is one of her pet projects.

WE know the guard did a great job. He could just as easily have done nothing besides call the authorities. The guard grabbed the jumper and pulled him down, then I assumed restrained him. How would additional training have benefited the situation?.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X