No announcement yet.

Security Stops Suicide at Empire State Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 To that. I cant imagine the thought of Senator Clinton being our next U.S. President. It blows my mind. Our first woman president is supposed to be some giant step for the U.S. not some "Hey world, look at us, we're retarted" statement.
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
      +1 To that. I cant imagine the thought of Senator Clinton being our next U.S. President. It blows my mind. Our first woman president is supposed to be some giant step for the U.S. not some "Hey world, look at us, we're retarted" statement.
      I agree............ Now if its time for a woman to run the country then its got to be Condi...... Nothing less would suffice..
      http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3203/darrell29jc.gif

The FUTURE is MSP...

Comment

The board is overrun with Republicans !

Sit down before you read this: I've voted NDP in the past. (I'll let you use your investigative skills to find out what side of the political fence they are on )
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
          The board is overrun with Republicans !

Sit down before you read this: I've voted NDP in the past. (I'll let you use your investigative skills to find out what side of the political fence they are on )
          Hmmmmmmm Its not the Liberal party nor the Conservitive party so I'd have to say its the 3rd party in Canada that never gets many seats

The FUTURE is MSP...

Comment

Originally posted by darrell
            Hmmmmmmm Its not the Liberal party nor the Conservitive party so I'd have to say its the 3rd party in Canada that never gets many seats
            Yet! By the way there is a 4th which actually won the most seats in Quebec in the last election. The Bloc Quebecois. It only runs candidates in Quebec. They want Quebec to separate from Canada. They decided to form a party & run candidates at the federal level to "protect the interests of Quebecers until we separate". It's not the party I've voted for but it is one of their members that now "represents me" in parliament

Comment

Yet! By the way there is a 4th which actually won the most seats in Quebec in the last election. The Bloc Quebecois. It only runs candidates in Quebec. They want Quebec to separate from Canada. They decided to form a party & run candidates at the federal level to "protect the interests of Quebecers until we separate". It's not the party I've voted for but it is one of their members that now "represents me" in parliament

Thats not a good thing. That will only start a riff between all the other Provinces in Canada. If Quebec seperates then all the others will want to do the same thing and it will break up your unity..

The Conservatives won almost all the seats in Ontario except in the Toronto area which is Pro-Liberal. One reason for their high crime rate and legalization of certain drugs..

The FUTURE is MSP...

Comment

What it sounds like to me is that the SEIU see's this as an oppertunity to spread it's "noble" word and tells Senator Clinton that if more NY security would go through their program the incident would have never even happened in the first place. Senator Clinton hears them tell her that guards are under trained and repeats the union information to the press.

Comment

Originally posted by LavianoTS386
                  What it sounds like to me is that the SEIU see's this as an oppertunity to spread it's "noble" word and tells Senator Clinton that if more NY security would go through their program the incident would have never even happened in the first place. Senator Clinton hears them tell her that guards are under trained and repeats the union information to the press.
                  Indeed. I asked some folks at NAPSOA what they thought about this. The answer was, "Anyone but SEIU."

NAPSOA isn't a collective barganing concern (yet), but I'd rather go with them or the FOP than the SEIU. At least NAPSOA is only for security personnel, and whatever the FOP is concocting is for LEOs or Security Personnel.

The concept of not being able to work due to breaking a strike motion because the janitors aren't being given the right hand wash scares the hell out of me.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

It would be nice to have an organization to advocate higher wages and better training for all of us in security. The downside, in my opinion, is the possibility of a strike. I do not want to be put in a position where I'm treated as a SCAB just because I need to go to work. Also, don't forget what happened with the ATC's in 1981 with President Reagan. PATCO was officially dissolved and the strikers fired. Apples and oranges? Think again. Security is a vital part of the nation's security. If the union grew large enough, it could happen.
                    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Look at South Africa.
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

That sounds similar to what started the United States civil war.
                        "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                          That sounds similar to what started the United States civil war.
                          The separtists have decided to try & separte democratically. In the 70's there was a gang of them that formed the Front du Liberation de Quebec (FLQ) that set bombs in public areas in Montreal (mostly mailboxes). They also kidnapped 2 people. A few people were killed. The organization was denounnced by most of the separatists who decided they would use the politcal system to gain their "country".

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X