Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unarmed Security guard Cost

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unarmed Security guard Cost

    how much does it cost to hire an Unarmed Security guard?

  • #2
    That depends on if you're a security company, a business, or an individual.

    If you're a security company, then the cost is however much you think you can pay the guard while maintaining profit out of what the client pays you.

    If you're a business and want a security guard in an employee-employer relationship, the cost is whatever you feel the going rate for that class of employee is; plus uniforms and equipment.

    If you're an individual, I don't think you can hire a security guard, unless you wish to enter the wonderful world of the IRS and your state income tax.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

    "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

    Comment


    • #3
      Most of our clients are residential patrols and alarm response. Some of those people hire guards from the company for temporary service to post by the house. Doesn't that qualify as an individual hiring a security guard?
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by propilot5000
        how much does it cost to hire an Unarmed Security guard?
        Approximately $80-100 per 8 hour shift. Some companies may allow you to hire a guard in 4 hour blocks.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

        Comment


        • #5
          It costs me just over $18.00/hour (CDN) to occasionally hire a contract security officer as backup for my in-house staff. I believe the agents are paid close to $13.00/hour.
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by HotelSecurity
            It costs me just over $18.00/hour (CDN) to occasionally hire a contract security officer as backup for my in-house staff. I believe the agents are paid close to $13.00/hour.

            I know that where I work it costs the school a mininum of $71.50 HR to pay for one of us. That covers insurance, disability/and liability, equipment, pay and other things.

            I cost more because I've been there longer.

            I on a few occasions have been contracted out on my days off but I don't charge what everyone else charges because I need the money so its usualy less.
            http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3203/darrell29jc.gif

            The FUTURE is MSP...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by darrell
              I know that where I work it costs the school a mininum of $71.50 HR to pay for one of us. That covers insurance, disability/and liability, equipment, pay and other things.

              I cost more because I've been there longer.

              I on a few occasions have been contracted out on my days off but I don't charge what everyone else charges because I need the money so its usualy less.
              $71.50 an hour? Curiously, are you guys police/peace officers?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bigshotceo
                $71.50 an hour? Curiously, are you guys police/peace officers?
                Peace not police.............

                Our liability coverage plan is outragous. Thats why they won't let our boss do what he really wants with us because of the insurance.
                http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3203/darrell29jc.gif

                The FUTURE is MSP...

                Comment


                • #9
                  There's a security company out here that advertises in the yellow pages that it has guards for as low as 12 per hour.

                  'Course I would never work for a company that advertises that.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bigshotceo
                    $71.50 an hour? Curiously, are you guys police/peace officers?
                    We can hire an off duty Montreal Police Officer for $66.00/hour.
                    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                      We can hire an off duty Montreal Police Officer for $66.00/hour.
                      Right, but the question is, how much does the city of Montreal pay per man hour of police service.

                      I can see why, factoring in the liability, etc, that the total man hour cost is so high. But, of course, you don't charge all your clients the same insurance rate, you spread it out.

                      Some of the best bids I've seen are like 10-12 dollars per man hour. The guard is making 6-7 per hour, and the rest goes to expenses. These contracts exist to make .10 cent profit - and lock the competition out.
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

                      "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        [QUOTE=N. A. Corbier]Right, but the question is, how much does the city of Montreal pay per man hour of police service.
                        QUOTE]

                        I'll look it up! I did hear that some of th profit is being collected to hopefully bring back the helicopter service.
                        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I should mention that we are inhouse part of the school so we are budgeted as part of the main budget.

                          We have a long drawn out process to get a temp to help fill in should we drop in ranks..

                          One downfall of a union.
                          http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3203/darrell29jc.gif

                          The FUTURE is MSP...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I looked it up. A 1st class Montreal Constable makes $32.00/hour. I imagine there is overtime involved for this extra work.
                            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by darrell
                              I should mention that we are inhouse part of the school so we are budgeted as part of the main budget.

                              We have a long drawn out process to get a temp to help fill in should we drop in ranks..

                              One downfall of a union.
                              That's gonna be why. They have access to a ton of cash, as part of the general budget, so they can afford to have such a high man-hour rate. Look at the Transportation Security Agency. I understand their screener program is leaking like a sieve.

                              Someone once told me, "They'll go back to private screeners, because the private companies know how to save money, unlike the federal government." Low and behold, several airports have private screeners now, because there is no cost savings when factoring in performance to use federal TSA screeners.
                              Some Kind of Commando Leader

                              "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                              Comment

                              Leaderboard

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X