Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

supervisor that has no security experience.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supervisor that has no security experience.

my supervisor is a cleaner at the mall i work at.she has no idea about security rules and regulations.today i had to speak to a higher person to make sure i am allowed to go across the road to the other mall to run errands for the centre manager and he asked how everything was going so i told him,pretty crappy.because the cleaners fight and dob eachother in for things 1 for some reason thinks that i told on her for not cleaning toilets properly it doesnt worry me in the slightest if the toilets are dirty or sparkling.now this person is telling my supervisor crap to get me in trouble so i let my boss know and my supervisor says shes not impressed because i went over her head.what would you do in this situation.

QUIT!!!!!! if i was told that my supervisor was going to be the maint. person i would not even work through the night.

Comment

First I would find a new position, even if it was a different type of work. From previous posts it would seem you work in a dysfunctional enviornment. If they've placed a custodian in charge of security, then they really aren't that concerned with security are they? If you have to ask to cross the road when the overall supervisor assigns you a task, well the writing on the wall. Start looking now for anything better, a slight cut in pay with a professional work enviornemnt will do wonders for yourself.
      Old age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time-

Comment

I agree. Find another job. Just a note though. No matter how bad things may seem, going over your supervisor's head is a sure way to make it worse, unless the supervisor is already on the way out.

I learned that the hard way when I worked as a dispatcher. I will never, never do that again. It's like a honeybee that gets its stinger in, but dies as a result.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

i talked to my boss because i found out that 5 guards have been sacked because of this cleaner and i thought she is not going to get away with that crap with me.i have been offered a couple of other jobs i just have to decide between a hospital or working for the government.

Comment

Originally posted by ozsecuritychic
            i talked to my boss because i found out that 5 guards have been sacked because of this cleaner and i thought she is not going to get away with that crap with me.i have been offered a couple of other jobs i just have to decide between a hospital or working for the government.
            Well if the word of a custodian has cost 5 previous officers thier job, things don't seem to look too favorable for you. If you've been offered other employment I'd really start looking hard at pay, benefits, travel time and career progression. It's time to leave the mall to the custodians and be happy.
            Old age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time-

Comment

funny thing happened yesterday i had a pretty big barney with the boss.i dont think she realised that part of my job is getting abused by people so when she has a go at her cleaners they always back down and run with their tails between their legs,bit of a shock when someone doesnt back down and you actually find out that if you just speak to someone about the problems and listen to what they say you can work things out.im still going elsewhere but the boss is being really friendly to me because i told her straight out what i thought.its a bit sad that i had to tell my supervisor how to do her job.

Comment

managers?

I sympathise with you, my leading hand was a blanket folder in the army for 25 years before becoming a security guard. He has all the necessary qualifications for the job (on paper) but in reality he has no people skills at all. Also when will people learn that we take abuse, assault, criticism and personal attacks every day, you would have to try very hard to insult me.
                We haven't had trouble for a while, Let's cancel security!

Comment

Originally posted by ozsecuritychic
                  i had a pretty big barney with the boss
                  Wait... what?

Comment

This seems to be the trend in todays work place of Security and Safety. Hire some twit with a Masters in Business and they run a security company.

Where I work we had one boss that was a maintenance super then we went to H.R. then back to maintenance then they hired us a REAL boss a retired cop. Things are progressive and good now.

The Maint super would say "thats not how the police or security do it."

WTF How the bleep bleep bleep do you know. Your a guy with a degree in toilet brushes not Criminal Justice or Security. PA LEASE
                    http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3203/darrell29jc.gif

The FUTURE is MSP...

Comment

Originally posted by darrell
                      This seems to be the trend in todays work place of Security and Safety. Hire some twit with a Masters in Business and they run a security company......
                      I agree. I prefer to work for a manager who has worked his/her way up the ladder and understands what it's like to work security. LE experience is also a big help because of the need to interact well with the police when handling criminal offenses.
                      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

funny thing is australia has new laws a new security guard is on probation for 12 months and has to be supervised by another security guard.that means that if they cant get a guard with experience they cant fill the position.the cleaning supervisor is just someone that cleans toilets that was asked did she want to be supervisor.she has no training in things like work place harassment ect.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X