No announcement yet.

Talking on the Cell Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's illegal in Connecticut to. There is no way LE can enforce this law effectively. Do you remember how many decades it took the police to get people to wear seatbelts? Instead of creating new laws, why don't they just ask the police to enforce the laws that are already on the books?

Speeding kills far more than cell phone use. The police have lost control of this problem. They would be better off using their limited resources to tackle this problem rather than cite for cell phone use unless it clearly was a factor in an accident.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Its not really enforced in New York either. Inside our park its printed on all the vehicle passes so we enforce it. issuing tickets at least shows the client that we are not asleep. As an aside I was once out on the highway in our crown vic and as I started to pull forward after the traffic light turned green I noticed the driver behind me was on his cell phone. He saw me and we made eye contact, He then looked at his cell phone, looked at me and quickly put it down. He obviously wasn't sure who I was.

Comment

Originally posted by Blame_The_Guard
        I get very, very, very ticked off when I see one of the guards reading a newspaper, or anything else, when I know, for a fact, they haven't read the post orders.
        Tough to read the post orders when it's not updated. I have yet to work at a site where the information is reliable.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

As the Supervisor at my site. My officers may use their cellphones discreetly and only when they are not on an assignment. Family and Friend calls need to be kept to a "Hey, Im at work, I cant talk now" conversation, and time may be given for a conversation such as setting a doctors appointment.

As for post orders. I update them as fast as they are revised. I try to limit revisions to no longer than 72 hours.
          "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
          "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X