No announcement yet.

How Is Securita's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to say Securitas is the best security firm I have worked for, great pay, advancement was quick and good field and scheduling managers. I have went from officer to sergeant and will move to account manager first of august, and I got hired December 23, 2005

Our site has huge turnover, some people still think a security officers props his feet on a desk and eats pastries all night. Once they discover work is involved at this site, all the willingness to work seems to be lost with them?

Comment

Can someone tell me what an Account Manager is with Securitas? To me, it sounds like a uniformed "Site Supervisor." The coprorate concept of putting "manager" in the title of line employees has never agreed with me. A member of management must be empowered to make executive decisions without consultation in real-time.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
        Can someone tell me what an Account Manager is with Securitas? To me, it sounds like a uniformed "Site Supervisor." The coprorate concept of putting "manager" in the title of line employees has never agreed with me. A member of management must be empowered to make executive decisions without consultation in real-time.
        Not sure why your having a hard time with my title?

Account Manager = Person in charge of that specific account, works side by side with the client, hires, fires, writes SOP's, consults with clients department heads when issues are forseen or arise.

I have, oops will have full control, no phone calls to make, good decision or bad, my decision.

Comment

I have yet to see a uniformed "account manager" for Securitas. I have heard they are out there though. I won't even attempt to rebuke the "best company that I've worked for" statement. I'm much too tired.......

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Xtreme
            I have to say Securitas is the best security firm I have worked for, great pay, advancement was quick and good field and scheduling managers. I have went from officer to sergeant and will move to account manager first of august, and I got hired December 23, 2005

Our site has huge turnover, some people still think a security officers props his feet on a desk and eats pastries all night. Once they discover work is involved at this site, all the willingness to work seems to be lost with them?

must just be where you are here i am finding out they are a joke.....from what i am finding out from asking about them....here they just want a warm body to be at a site and collect thier checks...they dont get any respect here where iam from

i did apply to them a while ago before finding out all about them and was in contact with them every week for 3 mo they kept blowing me off and telling me wait we will be getting some more jobs in and i dont want to give you this job because it wont pay you enough

i feel it is due to i have to much experience and agian they just want a warm body and collect thier check

this is just how i feel about them here,but again they could be better where you are GOOD LUCK to you

Comment

This bothered me all day, as I felt I may have started off on this forum badly, and felt I needed a clarification for N. A. Corbier. You see I have read topics in this forum many times before joining and N. A. Corbier is one of the great clear and to the point posters. Bugged me that my first few posts, that I may have gotten off on a wrong foot with him.

To me its sorta like meeting jesus, you really want to start out the conversation the RIGHT way

I explained it to my boss and he fully understood the confusion some had with my using the word "account" the title is "site manager". Account implied that I had some sort of control with the contract between Securitas and the client.

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Xtreme
                This bothered me all day, as I felt I may have started off on this forum badly, and felt I needed a clarification for N. A. Corbier. You see I have read topics in this forum many times before joining and N. A. Corbier is one of the great clear and to the point posters. Bugged me that my first few posts, that I may have gotten off on a wrong foot with him.

To me its sorta like meeting jesus, you really want to start out the conversation the RIGHT way

I explained it to my boss and he fully understood the confusion some had with my using the word "account" the title is "site manager". Account implied that I had some sort of control with the contract between Securitas and the client.

Sorry for the misunderstanding
                I wouldn't worry about what other people here think about your job or the company you work for. As long as you are satisfied, who cares. No one here walks on water.
                Last edited by T202; 06-22-2006, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by T202
                  I wouldn't worry about what other people here think about your job or the company you work for. As long as you are satisfied, who cares. No one here walks on water.
                  I most certainly do not. The only time I come into contact with water is in the shower, in the bath, and when ingesting it. (And it better be flavored with something, the water here tastes horrible.)

As for as Jeff... The term "Account Manager" confused me a bit. That's why I asked for clarification. I've never heard of a contract security company putting a member of management in uniform and sending them to work a site as their primary job. I've heard of supervisors on sites. I've heard of managers getting out of the office then working a post or patrol account that night. I've also heard of managers coming into the office the next morning in their uniform, locking themselves in the bathroon, and coming back out in a suit again.

Usually while I'm yelling, "Five minutes till he's here!"

I was merely asking to see how things are done.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Nathan

There's another guy on another site (that you & I belong to) who works in the Boston area in a closed down factory. He works for Securitas & also calls himself the "Account Manager". From what I understand he is the highest ranking Officer at the site.

Neil
                    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

That site really really really needs to work on its uptime. I hate Microsoft-powered ASP.net based sites. Anyway...

The wide and varried terminology that various companies use can be a point of miscommunication for employees transitioning to other companies. This is something I have learned, and something that I stress to new hires whenever I am in a superivsory role.

One man's E-3 Site Supervisor is another man's O-3 Account Manager.

Comment

Ok, the way I interpret the account manager at my site was/is (only for another week ) like this;
                        They are the liason between the guards and the client contact. They get stuck with the figuring out the budget, man-hours, doing performance reports, discipline, and whatever else there is to do to keep the account. An account manager at my site lasts an average of 1 year. Its like this, if you don't do your job the right way (ie Securitas way) you go on vacation and then you get a letter saying not to return to your site. Or you get a warning, and you resign quickly to save face. Blah, I'm done talking about Securitas now.....

Comment

I work for them and i'll tell you NEVER EVER get a job with this company.
                          you'll be sucidal in a week.
                          The down right lies from the office, the unprofessionalism, the promotion system, the misplacing of files,

I will say that if you get promoted in this company then you
                          A) Don't ask questions about procedures
                          B) Can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time
                          C) Put up with the racism and bigotry coming from the office

I would say this company only wants someone to hit them TOCOs.
                          If you want a job making LESS then a 16 year old at mcdonalds, Belittled
                          on a daliy basis, and Enjoy the mind numbing task of Hitting the TOCOs then
                          be my guest.

Comment

Originally posted by Randal
                            I work for them and i'll tell you NEVER EVER get a job with this company.
                            you'll be sucidal in a week.
                            The down right lies from the office, the unprofessionalism, the promotion system, the misplacing of files,

I will say that if you get promoted in this company then you
                            A) Don't ask questions about procedures
                            B) Can't walk and chew bubble gum at the same time
                            C) Put up with the racism and bigotry coming from the office

I would say this company only wants someone to hit them TOCOs.
                            If you want a job making LESS then a 16 year old at mcdonalds, Belittled
                            on a daliy basis, and Enjoy the mind numbing task of Hitting the TOCOs then
                            be my guest.
                            Only problems I have had from the office is getting myself and officers uniforms, also had a problem getting my union dues started???

We use denso's at our site, but part of the job and not much you can do about it when both client and securitas want them.

Only racism I have had to deal with is from officers, and try to catch that early and weed those out.

Pay is WAY better than mcdonalds

Comment

I think there's an acronym from usenet that makes sense when dealing with these huge companies:

Your Mileage May Vary. (YMMV)

Comment

As for as Jeff... The term "Account Manager" confused me a bit. That's why I asked for clarification. I've never heard of a contract security company putting a member of management in uniform and sending them to work a site as their primary job. I've heard of supervisors on sites. I've heard of managers getting out of the office then working a post or patrol account that night. I've also heard of managers coming into the office the next morning in their uniform, locking themselves in the bathroon, and coming back out in a suit again.

Usually while I'm yelling, "Five minutes till he's here!"

I was merely asking to see how things are done.
                                Here's the structure for Securitas: Each site has a Supervisor (some also have an assistant) who reports to the Operations Manager at the respective branch. The Operations Manager reports to the Branch Manager. The Supervisor is usually uniformed. The managers wear business attire.

This is the structure at corporate sites. Other sites may use military rank.
                                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X