How Is Securita's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    262 number. Hell no, there's a guy on a property wearing a correctional agency uniform, carrying illegal weapontry, and claims to work for Securitas.

I would tear my hair out and probably kill someone if I was made a site supervisor for Securitas.

Employee: I hate you and my job and I'm going to slack off.
    Me: *FORCE CHOKE*

262 number- Hhhhmm... don't know why they weren't there... well I have an idea but I can't say it in the forum, but if you're calling them to inform them of this guy... well, good luck, if he does work for Securitas he'll get a slap on the wrist and maybe moved to another site.... that's what they do around here. If he doesn't, they won't do anything about it. C'est la vie... on another note.... when you gonna start that company, I heard the courthouse here is going to be breaking the contract with the current provider.

Comment

Originally posted by ff000525
      262 number- Hhhhmm... don't know why they weren't there... well I have an idea but I can't say it in the forum, but if you're calling them to inform them of this guy... well, good luck, if he does work for Securitas he'll get a slap on the wrist and maybe moved to another site.... that's what they do around here. If he doesn't, they won't do anything about it. C'est la vie... on another note.... when you gonna start that company, I heard the courthouse here is going to be breaking the contract with the current provider.
      We're gearing up for operations now. Granted, its different than what I initially spoke of, but yeah, we're laying the foundation this week.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I have known several people who have been involved with Securitas. A few were in upper management. In my assessment of my local area, they are very lacking in professionalism. They expect -no, they demand- that the guards show up, look presentable, and require them to follow some very strict regulations. Yet, the office never seems to get paychecks right. They play favorites with the guards, reguardless of seniority or merit, and fire thier most valuable people for technicalities, and instead keep some of the most unprofessional people on, even though they are total screw-ups.

If a person makes a mistake, and are willing to learn from it, then they should be retained! not ditched on the side of the road.

As I understand it, the local offices in my area are run by the corporation, which hire managers that get paid no matter how badly the company deteriorates. There is no real insentive to do well, because you most likely won't get rewarded, and you may get hung out to dry.

not the way to run a good business.

Comment

Originally posted by ocean
          I have known several people who have been involved with Securitas. A few were in upper management. In my assessment of my local area, they are very lacking in professionalism. They expect -no, they demand- that the guards show up, look presentable, and require them to follow some very strict regulations. Yet, the office never seems to get paychecks right. They play favorites with the guards, reguardless of seniority or merit, and fire thier most valuable people for technicalities, and instead keep some of the most unprofessional people on, even though they are total screw-ups.

If a person makes a mistake, and are willing to learn from it, then they should be retained! not ditched on the side of the road.

As I understand it, the local offices in my area are run by the corporation, which hire managers that get paid no matter how badly the company deteriorates. There is no real insentive to do well, because you most likely won't get rewarded, and you may get hung out to dry.

not the way to run a good business.

wow......i applied to my local securitas and i keep getting the run around......the recruiter said he would hire me in a heat beat....but he keeps saying i dont have any jobs that will pay you enough and to check back .....

this has been going on for 2 months now.......i dont have security experiance but i have ben working off the books for the last year with a local police dept doing ride alongs and paper work as well as writing reports and stuff..so i dont know what else to do

Comment

I know I am a little biased... check with Wackenhut. We're hiring in a lot of areas. From what I hear we pay better and have better benefits. (Unfortunately that is why Securitas Underbids us a lot). Where securitas puts guards for 9.00 an hour, we had them there for like 14. I dont think I would be as happy with Securitas as I am with Wackenhut.. even though they still have the GSA accounts here. I think we just have a lot more opportunities and are overall, the better company.
            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Isnt Wackenhut and securitas the same company now? group4securicor.

Comment

Im sorry, I meant owned by the same company.

Comment

Originally posted by dpwilliamosn
                  Im sorry, I meant owned by the same company.
                  Yes. Yes they are.

Group4Securitas.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Yes, we are both subsidaries of Group4, but we are still different, competing companies.

Its kinda like how McDowell Douglas owns both Lockheed Martin and Boeing.
                    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
                      Yes, we are both subsidaries of Group4, but we are still different, competing companies.

Its kinda like how McDowell Douglas owns both Lockheed Martin and Boeing.

thank you for the info...i will have to look into wackenhut here....and see thier requirements ....i dont have my guards license yet

Comment

Originally posted by ocean
                        I have known several people who have been involved with Securitas. A few were in upper management. ..... They play favorites with the guards, reguardless of seniority or merit, and fire thier most valuable people for technicalities, and instead keep some of the most unprofessional people on, even though they are total screw-ups.....
                        I've seen this with other contract security companies to. One company retained a guard who was arrested while on duty for breach of peace and who also regularly brought a firearm to work even though it is an unarmed post. He would also steal fasteners from the client. As far as I know, he's still employed.

At the same company, any guard that tried to be too professional was terminated for frivolous reasons. Apparently, the company prefers guards that have a certain degree of incompetence. They show up for work, ignore any safety and security issues, don't think too much, and don't make any waves because they could care less.
                        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

well, I guess I will have to tell Securitas I am not interested if they call back with an offer on monday.

I am currently working for a small company, getting paid as a supervisor, and working a moderately dangerous location 30 miles from home.

If I get an offer from Securitas, they will put me in as a security officer, not a supervisor, require a $1.00 per hour cut in pay, but will be within a few miles of my home, and be working with a large number of other officers.

What really bothers me is they will not give me the opportunity to give my current employer 2 weeks notice, or any notice for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                            I've seen this with other contract security companies to. One company retained a guard who was arrested while on duty for breach of peace and who also regularly brought a firearm to work even though it is an unarmed post. He would also steal fasteners from the client. As far as I know, he's still employed.

At the same company, any guard that tried to be too professional was terminated for frivolous reasons. Apparently, the company prefers guards that have a certain degree of incompetence. They show up for work, ignore any safety and security issues, don't think too much, and don't make any waves because they could care less.
                            Of course. No news is good news. And no news means the client is happy.

Comment

Originally posted by kingsman
                              well, I guess I will have to tell Securitas I am not interested if they call back with an offer on monday.

I am currently working for a small company, getting paid as a supervisor, and working a moderately dangerous location 30 miles from home.

If I get an offer from Securitas, they will put me in as a security officer, not a supervisor, require a $1.00 per hour cut in pay, but will be within a few miles of my home, and be working with a large number of other officers.

What really bothers me is they will not give me the opportunity to give my current employer 2 weeks notice, or any notice for that matter .
                              If they don't want you to give notice to your current employer then they'll fire you without notice too. I too thought of getting a job closer to home, but there aren't any security companies that are of a professional caliber. To give up a better position would be a mistake in my opinion. The commute is worth it to me.
                              "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security

I worked with guards of this caliber before. The hidden reason they were kept employed was because they were partners in crime with certain company managers who were into things ranging from prostitutes and drugs to embezzlement, and insurance fraud. They found reasons to quickly get rid of those who they deemed to be too honest or at least intelligent enough to figure out what was happening. Things happening behind the scenes are what I came to call "the real world behind the real world".
                                "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X