How Is Securita's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LavianoTS386
    They were the company that was before us in the Hospital. They lasted less than a year.
    If they're who I think they are, they're a huge conglomerate who we in Florida would know as:

US Advance Security
    Advance Metro Security
    US Metro Security
    ESCO Metro Security
    Employee's Security Company (ESCO)
    Advance ESCO

You get the point...
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      If they're who I think they are, they're a huge conglomerate who we in Florida would know as:

US Advance Security
      Advance Metro Security
      US Metro Security
      ESCO Metro Security
      Employee's Security Company (ESCO)
      Advance ESCO

You get the point...
      Y'all sure do have a lot of companies with the word "Metro" in it.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Back to the original post

In my area Securitas is pretty sad, yet they have a bunch of large contracts (which they are slowly loosing to other, smaller companies)... They don't seem to care about their people, the benefits bite, and basically revolve around the almighty dollar. Oh yeah.....I work for them . Looking for a new job though. See at my site, if you screw up you get rewarded by Securitas, they transfer you to another site, and believe you me, my site is the most nitpicky, micromanaged site in this area. If you do good, they send you a cool catalog in the mail where you can a cup, a t-shirt, a hat, or a sunglasses holder, all with the company logo on it. Please... just tell me I'm doing a good job, give me the raise you promised me last month, and quite screwing up my paycheck and then taking the money out of it that you overpayed me last pay period. Rant off.

I'm sure the company varies by manager and site. It's nice that one can move/transfer sites if there are positions open (in the best interest of the company of course).

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
          Y'all sure do have a lot of companies with the word "Metro" in it.
          Its all one national company, they like to change their name a lot.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by ff000525
            In my area Securitas is pretty sad, yet they have a bunch of large contracts (which they are slowly loosing to other, smaller companies)... They don't seem to care about their people, the benefits bite, and basically revolve around the almighty dollar. Oh yeah.....I work for them . Looking for a new job though. See at my site, if you screw up you get rewarded by Securitas, they transfer you to another site, and believe you me, my site is the most nitpicky, micromanaged site in this area. If you do good, they send you a cool catalog in the mail where you can a cup, a t-shirt, a hat, or a sunglasses holder, all with the company logo on it. Please... just tell me I'm doing a good job, give me the raise you promised me last month, and quite screwing up my paycheck and then taking the money out of it that you overpayed me last pay period. Rant off.

I'm sure the company varies by manager and site. It's nice that one can move/transfer sites if there are positions open (in the best interest of the company of course).
            That, and your office won't answer their damn phone.

Comment

Securitas

Where I am Securitas has a poor reputation but I think that its slowly improving. Some of their sites pay decent but others are really bad. I have been considering talking to them and seeing if they have anything better that what I am doing now for Guardsmark.

Comment

I had a great experience working for Securitas last year. I could never get my supervisor on the phone and they were so disorganized I continued to receive paychecks for a good month after I left the company!.

Comment

Hahaha... now, just wait till they show up to redeem them.
                  "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                  "The Curve" 1998

Comment

I called my old site several weeks later to see how my replacement was doing and they told me no one ever showed up to replace me. They weren't too happy either. I suspect my supervisor didn't bother to inform the company until he found a replacement for me and kept me on the books.

At least that's the best I can figure.

Comment

That, and your office won't answer their damn phone.
                      Ha....Which office are you calling? The local one? Please don't tell me youre trying to get the site supervisor job posted locally. If you are, IM me and I'll tell you why you don't want it. I don't know why the local office wouldn't answer, there's someone there till 1730 give or take an hour. My client contact refuses to let them on site property (long story) so I never talk to them unless I have a pay problem or need uniform stuff. If you need the MKE number let me know.......

Comment

In Securitas defense, it's a good place to start your "career" in security as they offer free guard card classes and additional permits (course you have to pay for the permits themselves).

But again its just another big contract security company. The only people that are making any money are the ones who actually land the contracts, and they normally do that by underbidding other companies. Then it's just a matter of sticking a warm body at a site (thats where we come in). And since the classes are free, and they accept ANYONE, and everyone passes the class, there's always plenty of available bodies.

Comment

I can't say its the worst job I've ever had... well maybe. I've heard that some sites in my area are pretty nice to work at. Its just weird at my site because there is no chain of command, we're not approach people who look out of place, if someone has a "meeting" they are just let right in to the compound without question, we wear 3 peice suits but walk almost 5 miles a night..... I could go on and on but I won't. I've been told I can ask for a transfer, but I won't get it because there are only two people on my shift right now. Oh well, my resume is out there, hopefully someone will call me back...

Comment

In the next county over (but thier office is in the next town) Securitas is offering 8.25 to 9.70 AH. I wonder if thats another one of those what we offer but what we pay is another thing jobs?
                            My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Originally posted by ff000525
                              Ha....Which office are you calling? The local one? Please don't tell me youre trying to get the site supervisor job posted locally. If you are, IM me and I'll tell you why you don't want it. I don't know why the local office wouldn't answer, there's someone there till 1730 give or take an hour. My client contact refuses to let them on site property (long story) so I never talk to them unless I have a pay problem or need uniform stuff. If you need the MKE number let me know.......
                              262 number. Hell no, there's a guy on a property wearing a correctional agency uniform, carrying illegal weapontry, and claims to work for Securitas.

I would tear my hair out and probably kill someone if I was made a site supervisor for Securitas.

Employee: I hate you and my job and I'm going to slack off.
                              Me: *FORCE CHOKE*

Comment

262 number. Hell no, there's a guy on a property wearing a correctional agency uniform, carrying illegal weapontry, and claims to work for Securitas.

I would tear my hair out and probably kill someone if I was made a site supervisor for Securitas.

Employee: I hate you and my job and I'm going to slack off.
                                Me: *FORCE CHOKE*
                                Oh my, that sounds a lot like my stint as a field supervisor for another company I said I wouldn't talk about on here.
                                "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X