How Is Securita's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Is Securita's ?

I was just wondering how is securitas to work for compaired to other companies?

Well, in our part of the world they were formerly known as Pinkerton and Burns, before the buy-out. Personally, I have more pride in myself and my work than to lower myself to that level. I'd rather do fast food. But that's just me.
    Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
    Originally posted by ValleyOne
    BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
    Shoulda called in sick.
    Be safe!

Comment

Never worked for Securitas nor have I known anyone who has but my professional opinion of them is they suck. First, they drive just about everything except professional looking cars (lot of camrys and kias). They like to throw the tow truck version of the Code 3 excaliber on their cars, you know the one with two rotators, rear mounted takedowns, and red stop-tail-turns mounted under the amber domes over hangs the car roof by about 6" . Their graphics are pretty simple too look like sales cars driving around. Second, at my last company we had a site with several commercial buildings. The property owner contracted us to patrol all the buildings but several of the building tenants contracted their own security one of which was Securitas. It was a very common occurance to find the Securitas guard sound asleep. It was also common that when a new guard was there they would attempt to arrest my officers. It seems Securitas did not communicate and tell their own people to expect another security company on site . So they lack professinolism. On a similar note, one of the buildings in this complex that we had to patrol just happend to be the Securitas office building. It was also the building with the doors left wide open the most often. Way to go Securitas. Supposed to secure peoples property yet you cant even secure your own .

Comment

Why would they attempt to arrest your guys?

Comment

They probably said they were trespassing on the Securitas protected site. When I worked for another security Co. we patrolled an entire area, with businesses protected by a different co. but fortunately we were able to work together the few times we did and got along well.
          "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
          "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
            They probably said they were trespassing on the Securitas protected site. When I worked for another security Co. we patrolled an entire area, with businesses protected by a different co. but fortunately we were able to work together the few times we did and got along well.
            That's a normal occurance. People think your somehow "impersonating" or "trespassing" because your on a site that they are on, and everyone knows that only one security company can be on one site.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by LavianoTS386
              Why would they attempt to arrest your guys?
              They thought we were trespassing. What they failed to understand was we were essentially their boss on property. We were hired by the property owner. The property consisted of about 20-25 30,000+ sq ft office buildings. The owner told all of their tenants that they may use their own security if they wish but that the site was patrolled by us. Inside the office building Securitas could do what they wanted. But step outside and they had to get our permission to even write a parking ticket yet alone trespass someone. That was how the property owner had it set up. Most of the Securitas officers would wave when we walked by but a few got in our faces. Funny how they weren't there the next night.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Ledgerwood
                They thought we were trespassing. What they failed to understand was we were essentially their boss on property. We were hired by the property owner. The property consisted of about 20-25 30,000+ sq ft office buildings. The owner told all of their tenants that they may use their own security if they wish but that the site was patrolled by us. Inside the office building Securitas could do what they wanted. But step outside and they had to get our permission to even write a parking ticket yet alone trespass someone. That was how the property owner had it set up. Most of the Securitas officers would wave when we walked by but a few got in our faces. Funny how they weren't there the next night.
                That's nuts. I guess I really did have a better experience with Securitas then most did. I worked with some pretty dense people, but none of them would try a stunt like that!

Comment

I hear alot of that around here. Companies over lapping each others turf from time to time. The people that seem to be taking over down here is US Security Asscociates. They have just about gobbled up eveything here. I hear they under bid everyone. Securitas just opened an office in the next town. The last time I counted there are 24 security companies in this county alone. Settled about in three towns. No wonder they run into each other.
                  My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

At this time of year we get a lot of school field trips staying in the hotels. The teachers & chaperones want to sleep so they can take part in the activities during the day so they hire extra security to keep watch in the hallway outside the kids rooms. My hotels can provide the service or we hire a contract company & bill the school. This way the contract people are under our orders. We have had a few cases where the travel agency organizing the outing is based here in Montreal. One of them has a brother who owns a Security Agency. Everytime he books a school here he hires his brother's company to do the "babysitting." We've made them sign an agreement that their staff is not to intervene with any other guest or visitor, our staff must be called. Hotels are delicate places. You have to enforce rules & control guests but you have to do it very diplomatically. Some of these contract people don't understand this.
                    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by Echos13
                      The people that seem to be taking over down here is US Security Asscociates.
                      They were the company that was before us in the Hospital. They lasted less than a year.

Comment

Originally posted by LavianoTS386
                        They were the company that was before us in the Hospital. They lasted less than a year.
                        Any company (US Security Asscociates) that grows fast by buying out other security companies is going to have growing pains. Banks have been merging for years and they still have difficulties when they make the transition.
                        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Wow

well i live in between rochester and buffalo new york ....ca]n any one recommend a company in my area to work for?

Comment

There isn't any one large company that is always the best choice. It really depends on the account, account manager, individual s/o's and so forth. You could work for Guardsmark, Securitas, or Wackenhut and have a great experience at one site, and a terrible one at another site contracted with the same company. Some officers will work in a location where the company has several accounts so that they can ask for a transfer if things aren't going well at the first site.

Even if you find a great site, guards, account managers, client facility managers, come and go. All it takes is one idiot to change the whole situation. Just be flexible, a team player, and try to ride out any rough spots. Sooner or later, you'll find your niche.
                            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Mr. Security is right. It is really more site specific in most cases. However, I have had some companies that just completely ruined the site for me. When I was patrol for the port of olympia, I had a blast, it was a great job, good contacts with LE, etc... but the company was so blind to helping their officers or giving them any basic necessities to life (i.e. good pay, 401k, benefits, vacations, health insurance, etc...) it was such a joke of a job in the long run. Now that I work for Wackenhut, I have never been happier. I get earned vacation time, its only 40 hours a year, but its better than nothing. If you stay on for 5 years it bumps up to 80... I get 12.50 an hour, 3% yearly raises, a multitude of training, health/dental/life insurance, overseas or emergency deployment opportunities, etc... its been a very nice stay with this co. so far.
                              "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                              "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X