X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Usually when someone is going to kill someone else, they've already decided the action during the first moments of the confrontation.
    Possibly. No need to make them change their mind though, if they weren't going to kill you.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Night Shift
    I thinks its time for this person to find other work....
    I don't think he's going to have a choice in that matter...

Leave a comment:

• Night Shift
    replied
    I thinks its time for this person to find other work....

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Usually when someone is going to kill someone else, they've already decided the action during the first moments of the confrontation.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard
    I don't assume I'm impervious but I like having the option to defend myself should it become necessary.
    The account relates that the two exchanged words before the shooting. Could the concealed gun that the officer was carrying have created a false sense of security that emboldened him to talk back? Who knows? However, when one is defenseless, they usually avoid escalating the situation at all costs. It's possible that he may not have been killed if he hadn't had that gun.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Originally posted by Tennsix
    Off-Duty Police Officer Killed In Gun Fight
    The officer was off-duty but armed. The incident serves to remind us that carrying a sidearm off-duty does not make us impervious to the consequences of deadly force situations.
    I don't assume I'm impervious but I like having the option to defend myself should it become necessary.

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Off-Duty Officer Killed in Gun Fight

I'm ALWAYS armed off duty. Don't think I could ever have a job saying I can't carry off duty. I already have a difficult time with working unarmed security or with an ambulance or fire/rescue company where I'm tild I can't have a weapon on duty but I deal with it. I'd be damned if they say I can't go strapped while walking the street or going shopping.
    Off-Duty Police Officer Killed In Gun Fight
    The officer was off-duty but armed. The incident serves to remind us that carrying a sidearm off-duty does not make us impervious to the consequences of deadly force situations.

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Sorry for the confusion. I was refering to the origional post about a guy who is a Special Police Officer from Boston getting arrested, in Boston, for carrying off duty, in Boston. I wasn't discussing the merits of the law allowing out of state carry. Sorry for not being more clear.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Originally posted by Tennsix
    For the purposes of this conversation we are speaking of carrying out-of-state while off-duty. Off-duty carry within one's own state is not a problem.
    Sorry for the confusion. I was refering to the origional post about a guy who is a Special Police Officer from Boston getting arrested, in Boston, for carrying off duty, in Boston. I wasn't discussing the merits of the law allowing out of state carry. Sorry for not being more clear.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    CCW, dude. Had one for years. check it out- http://www.geocities.com/cellblock776/ccw
    Very good, that is similar to Texas's CHL.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    Is it really that dangerous where you live?
    Not really. I avoid the bad places but it doesn't hurt to keep something handy until I'm as rich as Rosie O'Donnell and can afford my own private armed bodyguards while yelling about how evil guns are.
    Example, I went shopping at the Winn Dixie yesterday. I had my Bersa .380 pistol in my right front pocket and a spare mag in my rear left pocket. No big deal but it was there IF needed.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Originally posted by 1stWatch
    Does your security license cover that or do you have a concealed weapon license?
    CCW, dude. Had one for years. check it out- http://www.geocities.com/cellblock776/ccw

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    I'm ALWAYS armed off duty. Don't think I could ever have a job saying I can't carry off duty. I already have a difficult time with working unarmed security or with an ambulance or fire/rescue company where I'm tild I can't have a weapon on duty but I deal with it. I'd be damned if they say I can't go strapped while walking the street or going shopping.
    Does your security license cover that or do you have a concealed weapon license?

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    For the purposes of this conversation we are speaking of carrying out-of-state while off-duty. Off-duty carry within one's own state is not a problem.

At my PD, part-time officers are not permitted to carry off-duty unless they have prior authorization. THey are sworn police officers but do not undergo field training and have limited duties.
    Last edited by Tennsix; 04-23-2006, 11:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Keep in mind that the LE carry act specifically provides that specials and private police are NOT covered, and are not authorized to carry under it. It is specifically designed to allow rail road police (the only private agency it covers), but otherwise, you must be a professional sworn law enforcement officer of a municipality, county, state, or federal agency, a professional reserve officer, or a professional part-time officer.

It specifically addressed the "fake cops" or whatever FOP wants to call them.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X