Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawson
    replied
    I bet no one thought the hallways of a particular high school in Littleton Colorado were that dangerous on April 19, 1999

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard
    I'm ALWAYS armed off duty. Don't think I could ever have a job saying I can't carry off duty. I already have a difficult time with working unarmed security or with an ambulance or fire/rescue company where I'm tild I can't have a weapon on duty but I deal with it. I'd be damned if they say I can't go strapped while walking the street or going shopping.
    Is it really that dangerous where you live?

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    I'm ALWAYS armed off duty. Don't think I could ever have a job saying I can't carry off duty. I already have a difficult time with working unarmed security or with an ambulance or fire/rescue company where I'm tild I can't have a weapon on duty but I deal with it. I'd be damned if they say I can't go strapped while walking the street or going shopping.

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
    But by law they are covered, just not by dept policy. So I know Im still a little ignorant in this new law... I think a lot of us are... but I would think with the new law LEOs could carry off duty and if they were caught doing it by their LEA, they could only be effected to the point of termination, not arrest. I dont think Dept. Policy can remove a legal granting can it?
    The law is negated if a PD has a contradictory policy. A PD may enact a policy that is more stringent than the law. Yes, the officer could be arrested.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    But by law they are covered, just not by dept policy. So I know Im still a little ignorant in this new law... I think a lot of us are... but I would think with the new law LEOs could carry off duty and if they were caught doing it by their LEA, they could only be effected to the point of termination, not arrest. I dont think Dept. Policy can remove a legal granting can it?

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Last edited by Tennsix; 04-23-2006, 07:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• S/O245
    replied
    Only thing is i dont agree with this law at all. If he is a officer and certified i dont belive that boston should tell him he can only carry on duty.

President Bush signed into law the National Law Enforcement Officer Safety Act. It is suppose to allow officers to carry off deuty in all 50 states. However I think when the law was passed it didnt include reserve officers. If you look into the case history of not allowing officers to carry you will find many got killed because of it and could not protect his and his family. People in government such as ted kennedy were against the law and bush signing it into law. Kennedy stated im afraid of retired cops carrying sniper rifles and hand granades. With such a law crime will be lower homeland security will be even better. And also with CCW Laws make the same happen. You take away the good persons right to carry it and the bad people have it then no one should complain when every violent crime goes up.

Stay Safe All

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Respect mah authoritah!
    Wait, I'm off and don't have my uniform and I'm not supposed to carry my gun right now. Oh, to heck with it.
    Respect mah authoritah!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Looks like the power got to him.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Whoops. Idiot.

Leave a comment:

• Police Confiscate SPO's Badge and Gun After Off Duty Chase

Boston, MA:
    O'Brien Gomez, 24, an armed security guard employed by Alliance Detective and Security and licensed as a special police officer by the Boston Police Department had his badge and gun confiscated after police responded to a call about a man being chased by a man with a gun. Police pulled over Gomez, who was chasing a suspect he believed broke into his car in his personal vehicle while armed. The law there states that SPO's may only be armed while on duty.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRe...ticleid=135872

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X