Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strangest thing you were called to work for.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strangest thing you were called to work for.

Have you ever had to go in to work on your day off to cover for someone else? If so, did you end up there because of a unusual excuse? Not, "the guard was fired" or "I'm too sick to come in tonight" but ...something different?
    We have a problem officer who works opposite nights from me who comes up with some interesting excuses for calling off work which requires me to cover her shift. I don't mind since I get time and a hlf overtime but sometimes I don't appreciate getting the last minute calls on my nights off work.
    One excuse stands out lately-
    About a month ago I got a phone call at home 2 1/2 hours before nighttime shift change. It was our "problem child". She needed me to go in and cover her 6pm-6am shift. I live an hour away from the work site.
    The reason I had to work her shift?

"I'm at the tattoo shop with my step daughter and we are getting some work done. Our appointments were for the afternoon but since they are freestyling the tat we probably won't be finished in time for work."

Amazingly the site supervisor OKed the overtime and I went in to work that evening.
    Anyone else have some unique reasons why you had to cover for someone else?
    Hospital Security Officer

lol the tattoo shop. OMG tell her not to work for my company. because i think they would flip out if someone tried to call of because im at the tattoo shop hehe.

I just got a tatto about 4 weeks ago while i was on vacation. I got a patriotic one.

Stay Safe All

Comment

At my first job ever, way back when, I was 16 or so, a co-worker called me at home to have me come in on a day off. I worked at a car wash and on this particular day it was about 95, which is rare for western Washington. I asked why, and he said, "It's too hot, I can't take this heat anymore." I said, "Well, I don't want to work in it either. Deal with it."

Didn't have much sympathy for him when it seemed all he used to do was go into the bathroom to smoke weed.
      10-8

Comment

If she was going to call in for something stupid like that, why did she even say what she was doing?

When I'm calling in it goes like this, every time: "Hey, I won't be in today. Put me down for a sick day." *click*

Comment

I had to call a officer in to work....

Him " Who booked off?"

Me "Lewis, but someone called in for him"

Him" Lewis is an ass. Why can't he work?"

Me "He's dead. The cops called us"

Him "Oh....................................ok. I'll be there .................................................. .................................................. ................it's OT right?"
          www.oramsecurity.com

Comment

An SO didn't show up last week. The reason? Because he scheduled a nipple piercing for his 19 year old neighbor/love interest, and he "needed" to accompany her for support. That isn't ridiculous. Whats ridiculous? The fact that the supervisor Ok'd it just like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Taser
              Didn't have much sympathy for him when it seemed all he used to do was go into the bathroom to smoke weed.
              We got a guy like that here. It is well known that he is a pot head. He has a doctors recommendation for it and claims he takes it for migraines. He doesn't go into the bathroom, just does it in the open. Supervisor won't can him because he's afraid of getting sued over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
                If she was going to call in for something stupid like that, why did she even say what she was doing?
                Because she doesn't care. This is the same officer who admits to sleeping on shift, even in incident reports/complaints. If she was simply a unarmed SO she probably had been fired months ago but she's an EMT and it's difficult finding another EMT to hire to replace her.
                Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard
                  Because she doesn't care. This is the same officer who admits to sleeping on shift, even in incident reports/complaints. If she was simply a unarmed SO she probably had been fired months ago but she's an EMT and it's difficult finding another EMT to hire to replace her.
                  We had somebody like that. She didn't care who she was in front of when going to sleep. The company was afraid to do anything about it because she was an off-duty cop. They ended up firing her and guess what, they haven't been sued yet.
                  "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mayor
                    We got a guy like that here. It is well known that he is a pot head. He has a doctors recommendation for it and claims he takes it for migraines. He doesn't go into the bathroom, just does it in the open. Supervisor won't can him because he's afraid of getting sued over it.
                    Now that is sad. It sounds like an all too familiar scenario though.
                    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Ah, ADA. I wonder if there could be a CA ADA case, even if the Federal ADA does not recongize pot for medicinal use.
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

With how liberal the courts and everything is here I really don't fault the supervisor for being careful about it. But its still crap.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X