• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Warnock
    Mr. Security, Nathan:
    I depended upon large spider webs to check the veracity of DoD Guards who told me they had inspected a certain above ground storage magazines. If you check the web and it full of dust and dirt you may be assured no body checked the locking devices on the structure.
    The major deficiency was challenged. In rebuttal, I submitted an article written by a PhD entomologist, retired US Army Colonel previously assigned to the US Army Command for whom I worked.
    There was a little bit of "human" housekeeping after the report was finalized.
    Another garden spot I was not allowed to visit again.
    Both of you gentlemen, I was bitten by a close relative of the brown recluse spider. Got really sick!
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill
    I never thought about that before. It makes sense though. So whoever has the most spider bites gets the officer of the month award.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Warnock
    Mr. Security, Nathan:
    I depended upon large spider webs to check the veracity of DoD Guards who told me they had inspected a certain above ground storage magazines. If you check the web and it full of dust and dirt you may be assured no body checked the locking devices on the structure.
    The major deficiency was challenged. In rebuttal, I submitted an article written by a PhD entomologist, retired US Army Colonel previously assigned to the US Army Command for whom I worked.
    Both of you gentlemen, I was bitten by a close relative of the brown recluse spider. Got really sick!
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill
    I have seen Brown Recluse spider bites. They are not pretty. They are also extremely hard to treat.

I have used the web trick, as well. Shine your flashlight on the web. If its been disturbed, you have company.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    Speaking of spiders, today I inadvertently walked into a huge web located in a stairwell that is seldom used. I ended up with spider "silk" in my mouth, up my nose, and wrapped around my head. After I finished freaking out, I cleared the remaining web with my ASP and checked myself to make sure that I didn't have one of those huge spiders crawling somewhere on my body looking for a good place to stick its fangs in me. Man I HATE spiders!!!!!
    Mr. Security, Nathan:
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Sprayed a wolf spider with Sabre Red once, it died almost immediately afterwards.

I am very, very, very afraid of spiders. I entered a trailer on a construction site in the middle of BFE, and almost shot the spider. It ran at me on the ceiling when the light turned on automatically, and the light fried my night vision.

I am lucky, because my first instinct was to draw and open fire - all that registered was something fast was coming at me. Only after I hosed it with OC did I realize it was an intruder of the spidery kind, and not human.
    Speaking of spiders, today I inadvertently walked into a huge web located in a stairwell that is seldom used. I ended up with spider "silk" in my mouth, up my nose, and wrapped around my head. After I finished freaking out, I cleared the remaining web with my ASP and checked myself to make sure that I didn't have one of those huge spiders crawling somewhere on my body looking for a good place to stick its fangs in me. Man I HATE spiders!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Use handcuffs for that.

Also, your Stinger makes a good hammer.
    Excellent idea. This is a good example of why proper training is necessary to utilize our equipment to the fullest.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Use handcuffs for that.

Also, your Stinger makes a good hammer.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    What about using it to crack walnuts?
    Haven't tried that one yet... But you'd have to have really good aim. I can just imagine all the walnuts flying around the room...

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Bridgegate
    LOL You just made my day man...

On the flip side, no matter what people tell you, an ASP does not make a good substitute for a mallet when you're doing vehicle repairs... Has a tendancy to break the other tools, and put holes in sheet metal door panels... LOL
    What about using it to crack walnuts?

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    I've used my ASP to knock down spider webs, basically going through the triangle of power drill as I walk forward through the woods at open-air construction sites.
    There's going to be a lot of dead spiders after I finish my shift today. Maybe even a few dents where the spiders used to be.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by 1stWatch
    I've tried using it as a hammer, but it didn't put a hole in anything, it just bent a little and made itself very difficult to open and close.
    Scratched an end cap all to hell trying to use it like that. I put a state seal jewelers end cap (Prestige) on my last one to prevent such temptation.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by Bridgegate

On the flip side, no matter what people tell you, an ASP does not make a good substitute for a mallet when you're doing vehicle repairs... Has a tendancy to break the other tools, and put holes in sheet metal door panels... LOL
    I've tried using it as a hammer, but it didn't put a hole in anything, it just bent a little and made itself very difficult to open and close.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Originally posted by 1stWatch
    I've found the asp also makes a good backscratcher. If only they made a little claw attachment for it.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    I've found the asp also makes a good backscratcher. If only they made a little claw attachment for it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Tennsix
    Security Officer/Exterminator, Esq.

A lighter and aerosol hairspray works too.

As does an 870 and 8 rounds of birdshot...

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    I've used my ASP to knock down spider webs, basically going through the triangle of power drill as I walk forward through the woods at open-air construction sites.
    Same here, though it was mostly on sites out in BFE.... urban sites don't tend to get quite as many around here...

I'd bet some of the construction guys would've gotten a kick out of some of the surveilance tapes though... watchin us walkin around swinging our ASPs at nothing... lol

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X