Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New use for pepper spray.

Well I found a new use for pepper spray:

There were two wasp nests in our backyard. Due to lack of any wasp killer (and possibly common sense), we decided to pepper spray one of the nests. All of the wasps died instantly. We sprayed the other nest and again all of the wasps died.

Now I know what to do with all my expired spray.

California Security Blog
    Domain Registration Services

Security Officer/Exterminator, Esq.

A lighter and aerosol hairspray works too.
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

Comment

Sprayed a wolf spider with Sabre Red once, it died almost immediately afterwards.

I am very, very, very afraid of spiders. I entered a trailer on a construction site in the middle of BFE, and almost shot the spider. It ran at me on the ceiling when the light turned on automatically, and the light fried my night vision.

I am lucky, because my first instinct was to draw and open fire - all that registered was something fast was coming at me. Only after I hosed it with OC did I realize it was an intruder of the spidery kind, and not human.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix

I tried that once, and all I got were little fire bombs!

California Security Blog
        Domain Registration Services

Comment

Hairspray is a miricle product. Everytime some pesky critter comes around, my instinct is to grab the first bottle I can find. For winged insects it's great because it hardens their wings.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            Sprayed a wolf spider with Sabre Red once, it died almost immediately afterwards.

I am very, very, very afraid of spiders. I entered a trailer on a construction site in the middle of BFE, and almost shot the spider. It ran at me on the ceiling when the light turned on automatically, and the light fried my night vision......
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I've used my ASP to knock down spider webs, basically going through the triangle of power drill as I walk forward through the woods at open-air construction sites.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I've used my ASP to knock down spider webs, basically going through the triangle of power drill as I walk forward through the woods at open-air construction sites.
                Same here, though it was mostly on sites out in BFE.... urban sites don't tend to get quite as many around here...

I'd bet some of the construction guys would've gotten a kick out of some of the surveilance tapes though... watchin us walkin around swinging our ASPs at nothing... lol
                Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                Originally posted by ValleyOne
                BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                Shoulda called in sick.
                Be safe!

Comment

As does an 870 and 8 rounds of birdshot...

Comment

I've found the asp also makes a good backscratcher. If only they made a little claw attachment for it.
                    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                      I've found the asp also makes a good backscratcher. If only they made a little claw attachment for it.
                      LOL You just made my day man...

On the flip side, no matter what people tell you, an ASP does not make a good substitute for a mallet when you're doing vehicle repairs... Has a tendancy to break the other tools, and put holes in sheet metal door panels... LOL
                      Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                      Originally posted by ValleyOne
                      BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                      Shoulda called in sick.
                      Be safe!

Comment

Originally posted by Bridgegate

On the flip side, no matter what people tell you, an ASP does not make a good substitute for a mallet when you're doing vehicle repairs... Has a tendancy to break the other tools, and put holes in sheet metal door panels... LOL
                        I've tried using it as a hammer, but it didn't put a hole in anything, it just bent a little and made itself very difficult to open and close.
                        "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                          I've tried using it as a hammer, but it didn't put a hole in anything, it just bent a little and made itself very difficult to open and close.
                          Scratched an end cap all to hell trying to use it like that. I put a state seal jewelers end cap (Prestige) on my last one to prevent such temptation.

Comment

There's going to be a lot of dead spiders after I finish my shift today. Maybe even a few dents where the spiders used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridgegate

What about using it to crack walnuts?

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X