law enforcement forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ycaso77
    I also highly doubt half the clowns on those boards are even LEO's. The funniest thing is most cops start in the security field while waiting for that PD job.
    And then conveniently forget where they started.

Comment

Originally posted by talon
      And then conveniently forget where they started.
      That point I wholeheartedly grant you- we had one of those recently who moved on to the PD. You would think it was the first time seeing the guys he worked with 2 days before. Sad for him responding to a burg and he had to wait for his ex-pals from security to bring him the keys, then they made him sign for them after showing an ID. New cop and they "didn't know him", I almost fell out of my chair laughing when he called me to whine.
      Old age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time-

Comment

That point I wholeheartedly grant you- we had one of those recently who moved on to the PD. You would think it was the first time seeing the guys he worked with 2 days before. Sad for him responding to a burg and he had to wait for his ex-pals from security to bring him the keys, then they made him sign for them after showing an ID. New cop and they "didn't know him", I almost fell out of my chair laughing when he called me to whine.
        "I'm a cop now. I'm in charge."

That's great, but your not one of us, and we're not authorized to just hand over keys. If your going to make it a lawful order, then you'll need to sign the keys over. If you want to try to say we're obstructing, that's fine, we have your supervisor on the way.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

You know, I know half the people on that forum. They're RP, SPE, and Officer.com folks.

Man, Mike, you gotta get a better class of forums. It would of been just like posting to RP or Officer.com.

Actually, reading back on it, bigdog21 did the one thing that you cannot do on a 'by cop, for cop' forum like LEforums (Which was started by the same guy who came on here trolling, then posted an ad) or Officer.com - You cannot argue with them. It'd be like going down to the local FOP hall and doing the same thing. You'll end up with the internet equivelant of being beaten down... negative rep.

Bigdog21's rep is so negative on that forum I can't even calculate it. This is one of the reasons that O.com and the rest don't have rep, its so easy to be abused.

By a UK Cop, and one of the site administrators:
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by bigdog21
          As a private security officer i am tasked with protecting peiople and property not just obserwe and report. So some times i have to for my safety or the safety of others perform a private arrest. So id rather take the chance its not like im trying to arrest for jaywalking.

LongTail posted:
          Yeah, ok, whatever. Pick up the phone and call a cop.

In other words, "SHUT THE ---- UP, GET OFF MY DECK, AND PLAY OUT YOUR WANNABE FANTASIES SOMEWHERE ELSE."

A moderator from Kansas:
          Big Dog here is the deal. Stay out of my way when I come on scene or you will also be taking a ride in the back of my cruiser. You are security you have no business doing anything other than using your eyes and ears to help us out.

---

Now then. We have the one situation, where one of our users went off and got yelled at for not articulating that well. However, we also have the second issue, which is, "No matter who you are, unless your a public police officer, you have no business doing anything but calling 911."

The first one is not an area of concern. The second one, on the other hand, is. When I say "the police is not your back-up," this is why. When you call these types of Officers, whatever authority you had on scene is now gone. Completely. You need to disappear, as your upsetting the real police.

I have seen officers who responded to one complaint actually attempt to issue trespass warnings to non-involved parties after walking towards their car. Without our approval. Why? Because he's in charge, and he doesn't need a security guard to tell him who to throw out. Except that whole "requires owner's/agent's statement that the suspect is not welcome on property" thing.
          Last edited by N. A. Corbier; 04-18-2006, 05:23 AM.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I was an unsworn S/O and working at a nightclub that had gunfire everynight the owner of the business said that when he called the local Sheriff's Office that they either took hours to responde or didn't respond at all.

we had just taken the contract a week before and had put up a sign at the entrance to the property stating "no weapons" so any weapons (read that GUNS) we encounterd we confiscated with the documented intentions of turning them over to the local yocals.

One night I had found a 9mm with a suspect who wouldn't ID himself, so I called the locals to send a unit to run the numbers on the weapon and figure out who this guy was.

Lo and behold about 20, count em, 20 cruisers roll up with 2 detectives. OK we have plenty of back up right? They are really going to help us with these weapons...right?? Oh you poor, misguided soul.

They came to investigate "US" and did the public service of telling us in front of a crowd of about 50 gangbangers that we had no authority, couldn't confiscate weapons, and couldn't detain.

Long story short. We left that night with our tails tucked, the following weekend a 14 year old girl was shot in the back with an AK...

The owner of the business was told by his attorney that we were right and the Sheriff's office didn't know what they were talking about and he begged us to come back and straighten his place out but we couldn't because of the speech that the locals gave to the Gangbangers.

Comment

Originally posted by talon
              I was an unsworn S/O and working at a nightclub that had gunfire everynight the owner of the business said that when he called the local Sheriff's Office that they either took hours to responde or didn't respond at all.

we had just taken the contract a week before and had put up a sign at the entrance to the property stating "no weapons" so any weapons (read that GUNS) we encounterd we confiscated with the documented intentions of turning them over to the local yocals.

One night I had found a 9mm with a suspect who wouldn't ID himself, so I called the locals to send a unit to run the numbers on the weapon and figure out who this guy was.

Lo and behold about 20, count em, 20 cruisers roll up with 2 detectives. OK we have plenty of back up right? They are really going to help us with these weapons...right?? Oh you poor, misguided soul.

They came to investigate "US" and did the public service of telling us in front of a crowd of about 50 gangbangers that we had no authority, couldn't confiscate weapons, and couldn't detain.

Long story short. We left that night with our tails tucked, the following weekend a 14 year old girl was shot in the back with an AK...

The owner of the business was told by his attorney that we were right and the Sheriff's office didn't know what they were talking about and he begged us to come back and straighten his place out but we couldn't because of the speech that the locals gave to the Gangbangers.
              I would of dropped the contract immediately, the situation is no longer safe. When the police start telling the gang bangers that they're the only real deal in town, the security force is pretty much useless in doing anything but calling 911. Considering that the area is bad, and police response is usually longer (need more time to get more units in the area for officer safety, or something...), calling 911 is pointless, and after awhile, the officers will tell the guards: Stop calling. Your bad guys are always gone on arrival. If you keep calling, we're going to arrest you for falsifying a report.

The only other option would be a complete lockdown ala CIS, rolling in with multiple Tahoes 6 officers deep, all with M4s, and take the property back with such a show of force that the gangbangers thought they were in downtown Baghdad or Fallujiah.

I saw what happened when a strike team of 20 officers was deployed, but they were prohibited by the client from challenging trespassing persons to verify their identity, because the police told the client that only a police officer (or the manager) can ask someone if they live here, and if they don't, remove them.

More and more "second class citizen" concepts. I've noticed that you don't get this if your not uniformed, and you don't carry a gun. Its the whole "treading on police powers" thing.

There is a current discussion on Officer.com's Ask-A-Cop that I'm watching, between Frank Booth (A LEO) and the rookie cops of the year. In Frank's state, a citizen or LEO may shoot a felony offender down to prevent their escape. If they start running, you can shoot em in the back and get away with it criminally. Many people called Frank a wannabe, not a real cop, etc, because he posted this. The truth is that it is true in his state, I actually paid attention. Frank noted that many cops seem to think that they have special powers above the average citizen, and that the citizen is only empowered to call 911 for any situation.

We've had many years of "vigilantism is bad" engrained into us. This is what many people think security does, playing vigilante, and without any "powers." The truth of the matter is that in many states, the citizen has the duty to quell breaches of the peace, and that duty is fufilled by mere reporting of a crime. The duty is not limited to simply reporting the disturbance, many states hold that the citizen may exercize this duty by performing citizen's arrests in situations where the police cannot be summoned or their summoning would cause such delay that the offender is not presented before a magistrate.

In simple English, our courts believe that we have a duty to each other to suppress criminal activity which disturbs the peace. There are exclusions and immunities to this duty, but the duty has always remained.

Comment

Has anyone here seen that guy Hogswine, what the hell is he, is he a cop or what??

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mayor
                  Has anyone here seen that guy Hogswine, what the hell is he, is he a cop or what??
                  He's funny. That's all I care about.

Comment

So let me get this straight....

You went to a known police website...

You intentionally baited them...

You call them names like a six year old...

And you have the audacity to ask why some police have no respect for private security??

Because of nitwits like you giving those of us who try to act in a professional manner a bad rep.

Good grief!!

Comment

What goes around, comes around.
                      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X