He thought he had a chance at LE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He thought he had a chance at LE

Just thought I would post this to show that some people really can't grasp the fact that they just don't belong in LE or security. The ASTs did a simple background search and they uncovered just who this guy really is.

There have been numerous reports of Security outfits that do not screen with BIs. If someone like this does not have a problem applying to LE...then they would give security a shot too.

Be careful and remember that BIs are your friend.
    http://www.dumbcrooks.com/man-arrest...tment-meeting/
    Last edited by The_Mayor; 04-17-2006, 05:40 PM.

Amazing. I love it.
    10-8

Comment

Mayor's right. This guy could of applied for a security job, with a gun, in several states and been undetected for months, if at all.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

There was a very similar incident here several years ago. A recruit was eight weeks into the academy when it was discovered he was a convicted child molester. His PD did a shabby background and the academy did not do one because the PD said he had a clean record. A newspaper reporter was covering a story at the academy and recognized the guy. The reporter alerted the academy brass and the guy was tossed.
        I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
        -Lieutenant Commander Data
        sigpic

Comment

Ride-Along & Citizen's Police Academy

Many police departments do a NCIC check for applicants that want to participate in the activities noted above. If they are wanted, they'll get their ride-along in the backseat, compliments of their local police department, and a chance to borrow some nice shiny bracelets.
          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
            Many police departments do a NCIC check for applicants that want to participate in the activities noted above. If they are wanted, they'll get their ride-along in the backseat, compliments of their local police department, and a chance to borrow some nice shiny bracelets.
            Yeah, we run a very detailed background on all applicants. We aslo do a criminal history and NCIC on anyone that wants to do a ride along.
            sigpic

Comment

Lots of folks that slip into this field undetected?

Originally posted by Tennsix
              A newspaper reporter was covering a story at the academy and recognized the guy. The reporter alerted the academy brass and the guy was tossed.
              I would venture that there are far more criminals that infiltrate the Security field than the LE field. My reasoning being that LE depts. (from what I understand) do background check on applicants that are far more thorough than then Security (typically).

Tennsix, what would have happened in this case you mentioned about the recruit chester. Could he actually have slipped into LE with a badge and all, had that reporter not spotted him?

Comment

Yes, I am sure he would have. Someone would have figured it out sooner or later. The PD that hired him caught a lot of flack for that. They really dropped the ball. A minimal background check would have caught the right away.
                sigpic

Comment

It seems to me that people like that who want to work in the security field have easier access to the side of the business that is unarmed and has high turnover within the company, the companies who do not want to perform background checks and want to put applicants to work the same night they apply.
                  "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X