• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Down Plays PD's Mention About Mall Security

Man Found Fatally Shot In Mall Parking Lot

POSTED: 5:47 pm EDT April 16, 2006
    UPDATED: 6:16 pm EDT April 16, 2006

INDIANAPOLIS -- A man was found shot to death Sunday afternoon inside a vehicle outside the Lafayette Square Mall.

Police said the shooting happened at about 3 p.m. in the Sears parking lot, 6News' Jeremy Brilliant reported.

Officials said the man was Hispanic and in his 30s. He was found in a burgundy Ford Excursion. Police don't know if he had any passengers.

Police are trying to determine how the shooting occurred. The names of all shoppers were taken before they were allowed to leave the mall.

"There were a lot of people here at the store. It's going to take detectives time to figure out those people who actually saw something and those that just came out to see something after the commotion started," said Indianapolis police Major Lloyd Crowe. "

Lafayette Square has been the scene of several shootings in recent years. Police said mall security is working to make the facility safer

It seems the police were trying to give credit to the mall's security department but the TV station side step them.
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

Possibly. The reporter could have interview the PR guy in security and noted some of the security enhancements. At least the police recognized that they are trying.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

media seems to leave out alot of things sometimes. I love it when you change the channel on 3 different stations on the same story and they all leave out stuff.

Comment

My hobby for the past 30 years is listening to the scanner. It's interesting to hear how the media report some incidents that I've heard happening in real time. Sometimes they even get the area of the city confused.
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
          Possibly. The reporter could have interview the PR guy in security and noted some of the security enhancements. At least the police recognized that they are trying.
          Remember also that the editor is looking for impact statements, and sometimes stories get cut short to make room for more important articles or advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
            My hobby for the past 30 years is listening to the scanner. It's interesting to hear how the media report some incidents that I've heard happening in real time. Sometimes they even get the area of the city confused.
            I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
            -Lieutenant Commander Data
            sigpic

Comment

Media Inaccuracy

You think the media has trouble getting it straight with LE/security, watch them report on aviation!! Some of them think that when an airplane stalls, it means the engine quit. It has nothing to do with the engine. Stalling simply means that the wing is no longer generating sufficient lift to keep the plane flying because of impeded airflow over the wing which can be caused by a number of factors. (Critical angle of attack for the wing is exceeded = professional explanation)
              Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                You think the media has trouble getting it straight with LE/security, watch them report on aviation!! Some of them think that when an airplane stalls, it means the engine quit. It has nothing to do with the engine. Stalling simply means that the wing is no longer generating sufficient lift to keep the plane flying because of impeded airflow over the wing which can be caused by a number of factors. (Critical angle of attack for the wing is exceeded = professional explanation)
                Considering that I just got my hands on MS Flight Simulator 2004 and have played around with it some, I can vouch for this. Throttle at max, AOA is too high, it doesn't matter how fast the engine goes, your falling like a brick.

When I was young, I used to think stalling out meant that the engine suddenly died.
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

According to the ad, "police say mall security is working to make the site safer". My question is this: what are they doing to make the place safer? Is this a new security team that is stepping up to quell years of violent crime at the place or are they the same people who have worked there? Have they been doing a good job of making the place safe? It sounds to me like the ball is in their court in that regard and public support will come only with noticeable results.
                  "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X