• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wvd1979
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    I think he learned his lesson.
    Yes, nothing like a bullet in the foot to change one's views on firearm safety.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by wvd1979
    The part where he screwed up was when he unholstered his sidearm in public during a non-emergency. That is a universal safety rule in law enforcement...never draw your firearm in public unless there is a safety threat to you or somebody else. At least he appeared to keep the barrel aimed away from the other people in the room. From what I've read, the gun went off when he snapped the slide back into place and it activated the hammer. (With a round still chambered of course!)

I know hindsight is 20/20, but ideally he should have had a pistol with the magazine removed, slide locked back and a safety tab running through the barrel and the chamber if he really wanted to show off the handgun.
    I think he learned his lesson.

Leave a comment:

• wvd1979
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard
    The video can be seen at-
    http://www.ebaumsworld.com/deaclass.html .
    As I posted in another forum:
    I especially love the part where, after shooting himself and trying to walk it off, he decides to further traumatize the children by asking his assistant to bring out another "unloaded" firearm, this time a rifle. The kids in the audience are like, "Nooo. Put it up." Now that's priceless.
    I almost expect the guy to reach into his pocket and pull out a fragmentation grenade and declare, "Now this here is a grenade without a fuse in it. I removed the fuse before coming here and I'm the only one professional enough to pull this little pin out." Class dismissed.
    The part where he screwed up was when he unholstered his sidearm in public during a non-emergency. That is a universal safety rule in law enforcement...never draw your firearm in public unless there is a safety threat to you or somebody else. At least he appeared to keep the barrel aimed away from the other people in the room. From what I've read, the gun went off when he snapped the slide back into place and it activated the hammer. (With a round still chambered of course!)

I know hindsight is 20/20, but ideally he should have had a pistol with the magazine removed, slide locked back and a safety tab running through the barrel and the chamber if he really wanted to show off the handgun.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by talon
    You are right. I didn't have time to complete my thought, I was about to go on shift. Unfortunately I don't have time right now either. I will elaborate later.
    No problem. Whenever you have a chance.

Leave a comment:

• ycaso77
    replied
    I have made many posts that pertain to why I have such a low opinion of the Public Security Guards, check em out.

If I say I've got your back you can count on it however, if you have crossed me you had better not count on me. I have in the past backed up other Officers from departments that I didn't get along with.

I am currently working in the hurricane zone again Louisiana to be exact
    I had an incident the other day where I had my supervisor call the N.O.P.D.
    or the Not Our Problem Dude Department to be exact and I'm still waiting on them to show up.

I will elaborate on this later, so stay tuned.
    The main point here I focus on is the " you better not count on me" comment. Percieved or real slights should never be cause to willfully endanger the safety of another officer. Safety is not a discretionary choice depending on your personal feelings at the moment. In my opinion based on these statements you are a danger to co-workers and officers from other departments. Why? Your coworkers may suffer from other agencies "repaying" the favor, other agencies officers from your pick and choose support theory. I tell the guys you can dislike anybody you want off duty- but on duty you act as a professional or find a new home for yourself. Letting personal feelings color your response in any given situation has led many a police/security officer down that long dark road to trouble. Playing the payback game only fuels the age old security vs. police battle and helps no one.

Leave a comment:

• talon
    replied
    I have made many posts that pertain to why I have such a low opinion of the Public Security Guards, check em out.

If I say I've got your back you can count on it however, if you have crossed me you had better not count on me. I have in the past backed up other Officers from departments that I didn't get along with.

or the Not Our Problem Dude Department to be exact and I'm still waiting on them to show up.

You see how things can change in an instant? N.O.P.D. are ok in my book. I'll elaborate on this story later...sorry I just don't have alot of time right now but stay tuned.

Leave a comment:

• talon
    replied
    Originally posted by Tennsix
    I just now read that post. That is high praise...
    Just about the highest.

Leave a comment:

• talon
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    This statement is contradictory. Do you or don't you back officers that cross you or that you don't get along with?
    You are right. I didn't have time to complete my thought, I was about to go on shift. Unfortunately I don't have time right now either. I will elaborate later.

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    My mentor hated a particular agency, but we both knew a particular Officer that was a really good guy, my mentor said "I don't like him because he is from this particular agency but if I were to ever like one of them he would be the one." Of course I know he liked this Officer he just wouldn't admit it.

I said all that to say this...if I were to ever like an Officer from the University of Indiana, Tennsix might, could possibly, maybe be the one...
    I just now read that post. That is high praise...

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    .... if you have crossed me you had better not count on me. I have in the past backed up other Officers from departments that I didn't get along with.....
    This statement is contradictory. Do you or don't you back officers that cross you or that you don't get along with?

Leave a comment:

• talon
    replied
    Originally posted by ycaso77
    I don't know whwere you work but you must have some charming local departments in your area. With the personal animosity you show, I'd be leery of working with you in a private or public enviornment. Not every police officer is as bad as you say, and not every private security officer is worth the cost of thier uniform.

Leave a comment:

• S/O245
    replied
    The only thing you dont understand kid is i been to enough service funerals and not what the price is. I wont get into it any more on that issue. Its in evidence and the record speaks for it self on how he handled the 8 yrs of it. And how crime was high and gangs were running the land. What you are doing is blaming everything on the men & women in uniform. They arent the CO's he is. And when you tell someone to stand down an operational missions more than 4 times thats his fault. He droped the ball i say lock him up. As far as licking boots lol. Thats a nice crazy statement. Like i said enjoy the country buddy cause the same ones you talk about are out 24/7 keeping this damn place. Also we do help in the picture as well doing out jobs.

But im not blaming clinton many people are. Also im blaming him for his promised of 100,000 more officers he said would come when he became president. Everyone is still asking where are they. We are also asking how come he and his admin refused to prosecute violent felons ? How come too many prisoners got released back to the streets way to soon. THATS WHAT WE CALL DROP THE BALL. He had other things on his mind and we all know what that was lol. As i say the record speaks for it self.

But as far as blaming leos im going to blame security now lets see how funyn this sounds. Most security are un armed so when things happen to people on post should i blame the S/O because he/she was un armed and couldnt stop the attacks ? Blame them dang people running the government which allow this stuff to go on. And dont fix it.

Listen kid,

If you stay in this business long enough you will find that everything that I have ever written was and will be right the only question will be is...will you admit I was right when you see it happen.

If you are blaming bill clinton for our terrorism woe's then I can see where you are unable to comprehend any of my statements.

You actually sound like some snot nose wannabe that would lick the boots and anything else of any LEO that asks, but thats just my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• ycaso77
    replied
    I don't believe that the common respect thing will ever happen, I gave up on that a long time ago.
    Thats pretty obvious, out of curiosity are you this blatant in your dislike for police when you deal with them in person? I deal with several depts on a daily basis and aside from the occasional jerk never face widespread professional discrimination. I don't know whwere you work but you must have some charming local departments in your area. With the personal animosity you show, I'd be leery of working with you in a private or public enviornment. Not every police officer is as bad as you say, and not every private security officer is worth the cost of thier uniform.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Uh, thanks, I think...

No really, in what capacity is your Security work performed? Are you in contact with the locals alot of the time, or do you work a post type job? Fill me in.

I'm trying to figure out why we are so far apart on this.
    I have worked a bunch of different capacities. One where I was in Contact with the State Police every day on every shift. Some where I never contacted police at all.

currently, my capacity is safety and security patrol for a National Sporting Goods Retail Chain Warehouse. It consists of bike patrols in the parking lot, foot patrols in the interior, assisting on theft interventions (very rare for this to happen here), monitoring of a state-of-the-art security system (lots of cool stuff like Infrared Motion Detector activated PTZs, stuff like that ) The work is just overall safety patrols on a high visibility site.

I havent had to work with the locals yet. Only one site did I ever have a bad relationship with any of the local officers, and that was a particular Agency in Louisiana that demanded Wackenhut change their shift hours to accomidate a ridiculous curfew law... I exchanged words with this agency, and in the end, I think I won...

But overall, I have had some good and not so great contacts with Police. I have also worked on both the Police and Security side of the spectrum. I definately saw parts of Police work that I did not agree with, some incidents I saw made me downright want to leave the agency right then and there. But I dont let these things get in my way and skew my view of public law enforcement officers and LE in general. I have been able to come to understand, there are things about law enforcement, its officers, and its administrators that is just... wrong? But the idea of law enforcement, as a whole, in my mind is good and just, and 9.9/10 officers I have had contact with, even bad contacts, I am able to see past the crap and egos, and whatnot to see that them at their job is still performing a service which in the end is helping.

Now are all law enforcement officers doing good? No of course not, but neither are all people in any profession be it, LE, security, Fire fighters, EMTs, Politicians, Teachers, Preachers, Truck drivers, and high divers... every profession has their bad apples.

I guess as a good comparison... I have a particular distaste for the Firefighters and EMTs in this area... They run ridiculous code runs to things such as "Boy with a fishing hook in his finger" Not an emergency... kid isnt even crying. But here they come, ass blazing down the road. But I dont give the entire profession some unbecoming title.. because in the end, the job still gets done, they put out the fires, and get people to the hospital.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Watch it, suckka.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X