Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEA Agent Shoots Himself at School

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DEA Agent Shoots Himself at School

    A DEA agent accidently discharged his weapon while speaking to a school classroom as a spokesman for the DEA. Fortunately, no kids were hurt. The agent may have been injured.

    Souce: MSNBC, 04/14/06, 1030 EDT.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

  • #2
    This happened a couple of years ago didn't it? If it's the same case I'm thinking of, there's a video of the incident circulating around on the internet somewhere. Another funny thing is the agent who did this is now suing for public humiliation.
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

    Comment


    • #3
      Ah, yes. He is suing because not only is it all over the internet, the tape is used in many police departments as a weapons safety training video.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

      "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm shocked...

        Do you mean that it was a "SWORN" ( lights, explosions, Star Spangled Banner playing in the background...oh yeah...trumpets too.) LEO that was so STUPID???!!!

        Is anyone still suprised that 9/11 was pulled off with such ease?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by talon
          Is anyone still suprised that 9/11 was pulled off with such ease?
          I am not surprised. The Govt. blows a lot of smoke to convince us that they are actually doing something. But, just you see, things are going to get far, far worse.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by talon
            Do you mean that it was a "SWORN" ( lights, explosions, Star Spangled Banner playing in the background...oh yeah...trumpets too.) LEO that was so STUPID???!!!

            Is anyone still suprised that 9/11 was pulled off with such ease?
            I don't get it. What does this one LEO's mistake have to do with 9/11? Plenty of security officers have shot themselves or other by mistake to. Even VP Dick Cheney accidentally shot someone. It can happen to anyone.
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by talon
              Do you mean that it was a "SWORN" ( lights, explosions, Star Spangled Banner playing in the background...oh yeah...trumpets too.) LEO that was so STUPID???!!!

              Is anyone still suprised that 9/11 was pulled off with such ease?
              Aren't SPO's "SWORN"?

              Comment


              • #8
                Clarification...

                Originally posted by talon
                Do you mean that it was a "SWORN" ( lights, explosions, Star Spangled Banner playing in the background...oh yeah...trumpets too.) LEO that was so STUPID???!!!

                Is anyone still suprised that 9/11 was pulled off with such ease?
                What is meant by this statement, and I think most were able to figure it out...it's just some that have to be spoon-fed cynicism.

                Anyone with any experience knows that the "Public Security"...Oops, there I go again, not bowing my head when I speak their name...I mean "Police" love to think themselves a cut above the average human being.

                Could you imagine if it was a Private Sector Security Professional? The Public guys would have had a feild day.

                These are the kind of people safeguarding us from the "terrorists". These are the high and mighty "ELITE", "Special Agents", you name their "Ninja Name" of the week. These are the types of people that turn their nose up at the sight of you and talk smack behind your back. Defend them if you will.

                I will not take what I won't give back and I won't give what I'm not willing to take, but the public sector love to give but whine like little girls when they have to take.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by talon
                  What is meant by this statement, and I think most were able to figure it out...it's just some that have to be spoon-fed cynicism.

                  Anyone with any experience knows that the "Public Security"...Oops, there I go again, not bowing my head when I speak their name...I mean "Police" love to think themselves a cut above the average human being.

                  Could you imagine if it was a Private Sector Security Professional? The Public guys would have had a feild day.

                  These are the kind of people safeguarding us from the "terrorists". These are the high and mighty "ELITE", "Special Agents", you name their "Ninja Name" of the week. These are the types of people that turn their nose up at the sight of you and talk smack behind your back. Defend them if you will.

                  I will not take what I won't give back and I won't give what I'm not willing to take, but the public sector love to give but whine like little girls when they have to take.
                  Wow! I guess you won't be contributing to the "policeman's ball."
                  Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Correct...

                    Originally posted by Mr. Security
                    Wow! I guess you won't be contributing to the "policeman's ball."

                    I would never give them a dime.

                    Don't get me wrong I'm sure that there are some good ones...and I've met one or two in my career but they are few and even further between.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by talon
                      I would never give them a dime.

                      Don't get me wrong I'm sure that there are some good ones...and I've met one or two in my career but they are few and even further between.
                      I sense maybe a slight chip on ones shoulder here.
                      Old age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time-

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ycaso77
                        I sense maybe a slight chip on ones shoulder here.

                        Only cold hard facts. Review my posts.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by talon
                          Only cold hard facts. Review my posts.
                          Well you seem to have some personal/professional conflict with public law enforcement. Thats no ones business but your own. However sweeping generalizations based on personal bias do little to help anyone. I can honestly say a great majority of the contract security personnel I met during my years as a little police officer left quite a bit to be desired. Even now I still find that quite a few of the contract officers assigned to facilities we deal with are less than exemplary. But does that make all "private security guards" objects of scorn or ridicule, of course not. If every police officer you've ever run into seems to have the personality defects you describe, I'd either want to find where you meet these people- or see what really brings out this attitude in them towards you and vice versa.
                          Old age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time-

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by talon
                            Do you mean that it was a "SWORN" ( lights, explosions, Star Spangled Banner playing in the background...oh yeah...trumpets too.) LEO that was so STUPID???!!!

                            Is anyone still suprised that 9/11 was pulled off with such ease?
                            I've been reading a lot of your posts, why do you have such a hard-on for cops?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jimmyhat
                              This topic comes up EVERY week, at least once. Some of us are pro-cop, some of us are not. None of us are gonna convince the other to change our minds. Why not just agree to disagree.
                              Agreed but in all serious I am pro-cop, being unarmed security in a hospital it helps when they come with those handy little Batman belts with all the goodies!
                              Last edited by GCMC Security; 04-17-2006, 03:22 PM. Reason: fix quote

                              Comment

                              Leaderboard

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X