Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspect Escapes After Being Shot

Reno, NV:
    A private security guard working at the closed Sundowner Motel in downtown Reno was attempting to detain a man for trespassing on the property and shot the suspect when an altercation occurred. After the security officer handcuffed him, he somehow managed to escape while wearing the cuffs.

http://www.krnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4765744&nav=8faO

I wonder what caliber of pistol was used.
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

First, don't get me started about media reports. They never tell the whole story. NEVER
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
      First, don't get me started about media reports. They never tell the whole story. NEVER
      All good points. Very true indeed.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Indeed. A abdominal wound with a .22 derringer in close quarters will make swiss cheese of the chest cavity and orgams. The GSW victim may not fall down immediately from loss of blood, but they will die eventually without medical treatment. That whole "Dead Man's Ten" comes to play in just about any engagement.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          Indeed. A abdominal wound with a .22 derringer in close quarters will make swiss cheese of the chest cavity and orgams. The GSW victim may not fall down immediately from loss of blood, but they will die eventually without medical treatment. That whole "Dead Man's Ten" comes to play in just about any engagement.
          The very nature of a .22 caliber bullet (handguns) can make it deadly. It often has enough velocity to penetrate the skull, but not exit in a straight trajectory. The bullet may ricochet within the skull causing massive brain damage. Even pellet guns can be lethal if the projectile hits the eye, etc.
          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I was just thinking about the incident with the .44 caliber shot to the suspect's head. There wasn't any walking away from that one.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X