tell me what you think he did wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that is a good suggestion.
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crankloud
      Still think he should have stayed in the truck and identified himself. If he had to get away quickly he could have, then called for backup or just run them down (joking).
      Again, this guy didn't have back-up, or anything to identify himself as, other than "I'm the f---ing maintenance man, and you're making my job harder."

This is an excellent example of a classic brawl.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

In the past I have actually used one of his tactics... just a little more successfully. I have used the "complaint" style tactic... where he says "I have to fix this ..... " I use that a bit when it is appropriate. I notice that a lot of people will get a bit of a sympathy strike and just leave and not come back. I may say something to the effect of.. "Look, when you're out here doing this, it means I have to come out, talk to you, go inside, write a detailed report, fill out a report affidavit, call my supervisor and advise them of this chat were having... blah blah blah..." (which I dont really do half that stuff) It has been really effective especially to other people who have jobs and know what extra work is like.

Now I dont come out *****ing and moaning about it like this guy did. I will tactfully work it into the conversation when I feel it is right.

Also, on my approach, in a car, I drive in so that my driver door is away from my contact and just do it across the hood. If on a bike, like I am now, I dismount so the bike is between us.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

anything right

He didn't do anything right!

It would almost be funny if he hadn't have put himself in harms way.

Comment

re

I encounter Turds like that all the time, I don't play games with them, I sure as hell don't put myself in a dangerous situation with them at all. All he needed to do is tell them who he was and to leave and drive away and observer if they leave or not, if they don't call the police and have them arrested for tresspassing and that is it, cut and dry. you win they loose and go to jail and pay a fine too. screw the skaters.

Comment

Originally posted by davido
              I encounter Turds like that all the time, I don't play games with them, I sure as hell don't put myself in a dangerous situation with them at all. All he needed to do is tell them who he was and to leave and drive away and observer if they leave or not, if they don't call the police and have them arrested for tresspassing and that is it, cut and dry. you win they loose and go to jail and pay a fine too. screw the skaters.
              I want your trespass laws.

This is how it would work in Florida:
              Call police. Police comes out. Police Officer makes you go up to them, and tell them to leave. If they refuse, Police Officer tells them they have to leave or he will arrest them. If they comply, they leave and he writes you a form that says you told them to leave.

If they come back, and you can prove that they are the same people for up to say, 30 days (it varies by department), then a police officer may arrest them for "trespass after warning."

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Here's how it would work in Quebec.

You go up to them & ask them to leave the property. They refuse. You call the police. They come & tell you to go & tell them to leave again. They refuse. The police warn them that if they refuse to leave they will "use the force necessary" to remove them. They refuse. The police push or pull them off the property. They don't resist. The police leave. They come back on the property. And it continues. The cycle is only broken if they actively resist the force being used to remove them. Then & only then can they be arrested for "assault by a trespasser".
                I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                  Here's how it would work in Quebec.

You go up to them & ask them to leave the property. They refuse. You call the police. They come & tell you to go & tell them to leave again. They refuse. The police warn them that if they refuse to leave they will "use the force necessary" to remove them. They refuse. The police push or pull them off the property. They don't resist. The police leave. They come back on the property. And it continues. The cycle is only broken if they actively resist the force being used to remove them. Then & only then can they be arrested for "assault by a trespasser".
                  Can you just save the step and throw them out yourself? That's a waste of police resources if you're also allowed to arrest for assualt by a trespasser.

Comment

re

about 2 months ago I had 8 skaters on our property skateing and damaging our property, it was all video taped, the officer had the oppertunity to look at the video but he didn't, everyone was issued a tresspassing ticket in the amount of around 250.00 each, i reconised 2 of them from a previous encounter. skaters cause thousands of dollars of damage to the area including our property every year, the police know this and do arrest them if we agree to prosecute. I used to be cordial with the skaters and go out and say " Hey guys please skate somewhere else" even though I was nice it was, F you mother f-er, I have been doing this here for 10 years so now I just have them ticketed or arrested, I don't play anymore, and since I don't play the work gets around in the skater circles and very few come around, I haven't seen a skater in almost 3 weeks.. the skaters have 3 big parks close to our area, they need to stay at the parks

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                      Can you just save the step and throw them out yourself? That's a waste of police resources if you're also allowed to arrest for assualt by a trespasser.
                      Certainly! I do all the time. However since we work alone unarmed I can not tell my guys to do it themselves. They are told to call the police but are legally allowed to do it without the police.
                      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

That guy acted like he was surprised when that dude grabbed him by the throat. Ok let's review...he pulls up in the dark with no uniform on driving a pickup truck, cusses at these guys and then starts physically shoving them. What the heck did he think was going to happen?

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X