No Profanity Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tennsix
    taH pagh taHbe'. DaH mu'tlheghvam vIqelnIS. quv'a', yabDaq San vaQ cha, pu' je SIQDI'? pagh, Seng bIQ'a'Hey SuvmeH nuHmey SuqDI', 'ej, Suvmo', rInmoHDI'?
    I am not translating that. tarq.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      I am not translating that. tarq.
      Well, you are a Hu'tegh targ!
      I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
      -Lieutenant Commander Data
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wvd1979
        Mr. Security, I don't mean to be disrespectful when I ask you this. I also know that I have not been a member of these forums as long as some other folks. But are you a moderator? If the forum has designated moderators, why don't you just let them do their jobs without trying to be the "policeman" of the forum? I don't like profanity either. But you can report offensive material without acting like the lord of the manor.

The "Heck" you say!!!

Comment

Originally posted by talon
          The "Heck" you say!!!
          1. THERE ARE NO MODERATORS ON THIS FORUM. I can put that in bold if anyone needs it be.

2. If anyone hasn't noticed, the way this place is run is simple. So long as you do not disrupt the forum, give the people who host the forum (Cygnus Business Media) a bad name, make slanderous statements, or basically do something that makes Geoff have to take time out of his job to do something about it, its ok.

3. The only people who are going to say anything about any of the rules, including violations of them, are us, the forum regulars. Each time you hit report, you send a private message to Geoff Kohl, the site administrator and Editor-in-Chief of Security Info Watch. This is about the equivelant of PMing Tim Dees over on Officer.com to take care of a forum issue.

4. Without moderators, there is no one to 'do' the job of a moderator. In this case, every user is a moderator, in that they report violations of the site rules, AUP, and TOS to the administrator.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

1. THERE ARE NO MODERATORS ON THIS FORUM. I can put that in bold if anyone needs it be.

2. If anyone hasn't noticed, the way this place is run is simple. So long as you do not disrupt the forum, give the people who host the forum (Cygnus Business Media) a bad name, make slanderous statements, or basically do something that makes Geoff have to take time out of his job to do something about it, its ok.

3. The only people who are going to say anything about any of the rules, including violations of them, are us, the forum regulars. Each time you hit report, you send a private message to Geoff Kohl, the site administrator and Editor-in-Chief of Security Info Watch. This is about the equivelant of PMing Tim Dees over on Officer.com to take care of a forum issue.

4. Without moderators, there is no one to 'do' the job of a moderator. In this case, every user is a moderator, in that they report violations of the site rules, AUP, and TOS to the administrator.
            Then why does Mr. Security specifically mention being asked by "the moderators" ?

Comment

Originally posted by wvd1979
              Then why does Mr. Security specifically mention being asked by "the moderators" ?
              I think he means "by the administration." Different terms are used by different people for the same purposes.

Sorta like on IRC, I call a person with a @ an "oper," when others call them "ops." Its about the same as calling a moderator the site administrator.

Comment

I think he means "by the administration." Different terms are used by different people for the same purposes.

Sorta like on IRC, I call a person with a @ an "oper," when others call them "ops." Its about the same as calling a moderator the site administrator.

So let me make sure I got this straight...basically Mr. Security caught a "God Complex" and should be ignored by the grown ups when he rants about the adult language?

Comment

No, Mr. Security is simply warning everyone that there is a violation of the terms of service of the website, that the administrator has asked him to be alert for instances, and report them for handling.

Basically, Mr. Security has been asked to be a security guard on the forum, observing violations of the client's policy, and reporting them to the client for action.

That make more sense?

Comment

No, Mr. Security is simply warning everyone that there is a violation of the terms of service of the website, that the administrator has asked him to be alert for instances, and report them for handling.

Basically, Mr. Security has been asked to be a security guard on the forum, observing violations of the client's policy, and reporting them to the client for action.

That make more sense?
                    Gottcha...

Comment

Profanity Policy

Profanity is not allowed. Feel free to re-read the user agreement, or to re-read our site FAQs on content guidelines:

http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/faq.php?

Thank you,
                      Geoff Kohl
                      Editor, SecurityInfoWatch.com

Comment

umm, i'm going to need a very explicit list of what words are profane. because for some people something as tame as ____ is offensive, and for others something shocking like ______ ______ ______ _______ _______ is normal speech.

Comment

Originally posted by knotquiteawake
                          umm, i'm going to need a very explicit list of what words are profane. because for some people something as tame as ____ is offensive, and for others something shocking like ______ ______ ______ _______ _______ is normal speech.
                          Not really. Simply do not use words or phrases that you would be reprimanded for in a professional setting. If you wonder which professional setting, think corporate.

Comment

Not really. Simply do not use words or phrases that you would be reprimanded for in a professional setting. If you wonder which professional setting, think corporate.
                            I've always noticed that the Big Corporate Boss usually cusses like a sailor.

Comment

Originally posted by talon
                              I've always noticed that the Big Corporate Boss usually cusses like a sailor.
                              That's because we can't fire him. I noticed the big corporate boss cusses like a Marine.

Comment

That's because we can't fire him. I noticed the big corporate boss cusses like a Marine.

Sailor, Marine it's all the same right?

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X