X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Bridgegate
    Hmm... Do they make this PatrolTek one in the padded style as well? Might have to look into that one...
    Nope, its the cheaper version of Accumold.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Only gear I wore. Probably going with PatrolTek, though, its the same crap only 2" belt. 2" belt is more ergonomic.
    Hmm... Do they make this PatrolTek one in the padded style as well? Might have to look into that one...

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Yup. It took me a couple weeks to really get the hang of it, but once you go Accumold, you never go back! LOL (Except to get the newer padded belt... man this thing's comfy... lol)
    Only gear I wore. Probably going with PatrolTek, though, its the same crap only 2" belt. 2" belt is more ergonomic.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    They are. You'll get used to the one way snaps.
    Yup. It took me a couple weeks to really get the hang of it, but once you go Accumold, you never go back! LOL (Except to get the newer padded belt... man this thing's comfy... lol)

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    I prefer snaps over velcro because of reasons already stated here. Velcro is noisy and it wears out to the point of it coming off the shirt or gear. I do have velcro on the inside of my leather duty belt, though. It helps to keep the outer belt more firmly attached to the inner belt.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
    I just bought a full accumold nylon belt. Most of them are snaps, but a couple items use velcro. I like the velcro more because it is easier to close. I assume these snaps are tough, cause they are new?
    They are. You'll get used to the one way snaps.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    I just bought a full accumold nylon belt. Most of them are snaps, but a couple items use velcro. I like the velcro more because it is easier to close. I assume these snaps are tough, cause they are new?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Hell, I used my speedloaders more as a handcuff key holder than additional rounds. I used to stick a PR-24 shaped handcuff key behind the speedloaders, that way, I always had a quick handcuff key to use if needed.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    I suppose I should add that I DO have one item on my belt with a velcro closure, (although I'm not carrying at the moment).. The uniform shop that I got my gear from was all out of snap-closure double-mag pouches at the time I made my purchase, so I had to settle for velcro on those.. But on that item, it doesn't bother me so much... After all, if you're in a situation where you've not only drawn, but fired your weapon to a point where you're either empty, or doing a tactical reload, the last thing you're gonna worry about is how loud your belt is..

Leave a comment:

• Taser
    replied
    Same here. After 2 years, the velcro wore down, too, and I had to constantly trim it to get it to seat right.
    Yeah, that's my main complaint with velcro. It wears to crap in no time. Plus, as noted, the noise factor.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I've used both snaps and velcro in the past. I've ended up sticking with my snap-closure Accumold gear.... As you said, the velcro tends to be WAY too loud... I've found with my gear, that if I'm in a hurry and need it out NOW, A good hard tug gives an intimidating SNAP! (Almost like extending the asp.. lol)
    But if I need to be quiet, a gentle controlled tug gives off almost no sound at all.
    Same here. After 2 years, the velcro wore down, too, and I had to constantly trim it to get it to seat right.

I'll say this. I had a MK IV OC holder that I bought in 1995, and I understand its still going strong in 2006.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    I've used both snaps and velcro in the past. I've ended up sticking with my snap-closure Accumold gear.... As you said, the velcro tends to be WAY too loud... I've found with my gear, that if I'm in a hurry and need it out NOW, A good hard tug gives an intimidating SNAP! (Almost like extending the asp.. lol)
    But if I need to be quiet, a gentle controlled tug gives off almost no sound at all.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Question

Most of my duty gear closes w/ Velcro. The other night, I tried to take out my Streamlight quietly and I realized how noisy it is. For you s/o's who need the element of stealth on your side, do you prefer snaps instead to minimize any noise that might give away your position?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Nylon's easy.

Soap and water. If its not-foamed, you can throw the stuff in the washing machine. I don't know what a washer and dryer will do to closed cell duty gear, though.

Every once in awhile, when it starts to turn grey, buy a small bottle or tablet of RIT Dye in "Night Black" or whatever, and dye all the gear. Keeps it looking black.

Spray it with frebreeze every once and awhile, as well.

Get something nasty on it? Add bleach to the soap and water solution, leave it sit for 10 minutes, etc.

Leave a comment:

• wjohnc
    replied
    Oops, I guess the material is important, isn't it?
    Nylon, it's nylon.

wjohnc

- on CIW, listening to radio, trying to review notes from first 2 units of CPO course -

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X