X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by S/O245
    Criminals arent really afraid of un armed victims now are they....

Leave a comment:

• S/O245
    replied
    The only thing is prohibited weapons for alot of security posts could be pepper spray. Which i continue to find a load of crap. In My State you have to be 18 to buy and carry it. At one assignment alot of the clients employees carried it. If i carried it where they could see I could be fired, suspended etc. Im not saying that every security assignment should be armed with firearms. Not all security want to carry. Im just saying you cant just allow a guy/woman to carry a flashlight and other things and expect them to protect them selfs the proper way let alone protect life and property of others.

For example they had a shooting i belive it was in west chester ohio. I think the employee had been fired im not sure if he had a prior criminal record or not. Anyways he came and opened fire on several employees. Someone said why didnt the security officer do anything. ALl he did was call 911. I said because he was probably un armed like alot of posts. And that was the case he was un armed and the criminal was armed. Outcome the criminal came out on top. And nothing is saying if this security officer had a gun that he could have stopped it. But he may of had the chance. I think the security officer almost got shot to.

For many of you being security officers can i ask how many times people have asked you do you carry a gun. Guess what alot of people know security officers are not allowed to carry. This includes the criminals and others. Listen to this one song it says security guard dont scare no body. Criminals arent really afraid of un armed victims now are they.

Stay Safe All

Leave a comment:

• OccamsRazor
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by The_Mayor
    I don't get it. I couldn't get away with sleeping for 30 minutes as an SO. How in the world can LE get away with sleeping?
    It isn't easy...You have to be aiming for a supervisory position. See, the weight of the gold collar brass pulls on your neck, your head naturally dips down, and...

Oh, forget it.

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    The problem isn't as extensive as some would lead you to believe. Mayor, you are right. It isn't hard to find an officer that is spending the night with the Sandman.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have heard so much about cops sleeping on the job, I just have to wonder how these departments operate. I mean with calls for service coming in, how does it work out with cops sleeping and not picking up calls. OR if their shift is slow and they are not sleeping what does the supervisor think when he sees that the officer hasn't issued a citation, reprimand and release..or anything for hours (because he was asleep). You would think that if a cop didn't pick up on the radio for hours dispatch would be wondering what the hell is wrong. I don't get it. I couldn't get away with sleeping for 30 minutes as an SO. How in the world can LE get away with sleeping?
    Last edited by ; 04-14-2006, 06:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Sleeping on the top level of a parking garage is not even smart! When Montreal used to have a police helicopter ( don't anymore - it's too expensive to operate & believe it or not - citizens complained it was too noisy & woke them up!) the cops used to sleep on lower levels of a parking structure near me so that they would not be spotted by the helicopter

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    Agreed. That's pushing it. You could always sneak up on him and try to activate his lights and siren. Just make sure you have a picture of him sleeping so that he doesn't arrest you and don't forget to duck just in case he's a quick draw.
    Someone I used to work with was at one point in time a branch office manager for a security company in Houston in 1992. There was this one cop who always wanted to drive to the top of his parking garage and sleep in the car with the seat reclined and the window down. Real smart right?
    Well, he got tired of it so he walked outside and picked the officer's badge off his shirt while he was still asleep. After he drove away, he called HPD and spoke to some Lieutenant there and explained he had the officer's badge and wanted to return it to a supervisor. "Say WHAT?" was the response. "I'm returning this badge so nobody can say I stole it. Call the officer and see if he even noticed it gone." Sure enough he didn't notice. The badge was returned and the cop was never seen again.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by 1stWatch
    .... but one who decides consciously to sleep in the car behind a building for hours on end. That is blatant dereliction of duty.
    Agreed. That's pushing it. You could always sneak up on him and try to activate his lights and siren. Just make sure you have a picture of him sleeping so that he doesn't arrest you and don't forget to duck just in case he's a quick draw.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    Parked at a facility that more than likely has security and CCTV? I'm not saying it can't happen, but that would be pretty stupid. At any rate, it's not a problem in our "sleepy" little town.
    The problem I have with a sleeping officer, any officer whether police or security or any other kind, is not with one who takes 10 minute cat naps, but one who decides consciously to sleep in the car behind a building for hours on end. That is blatant dereliction of duty.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Jury has the case now.

It will be interesting to see how this one is decided. Stay tuned for the verdict.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    With how many people hate cops, I certainly do not think it is safe for one too just doze off in in uniform in there unit. If you really hated cops wouldn't you see that as an oppurtunity????????.....
    Parked at a facility that more than likely has security and CCTV? I'm not saying it can't happen, but that would be pretty stupid. At any rate, it's not a problem in our "sleepy" little town.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Corbier its cool, people learn from their mistakes, you can just admit that you were "the kid" who used to spray paint deputy's cars.

j/k
    Man, I'm not that l33t. My friend could do it while they were writing reports.

I think he's pounding sand again, though. He was a Marine since he was 16 (DEP), and went in the 90s.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I was probably speeding excessively distracting the deputy from Corbier. Corbier you owe me one!

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Corbier its cool, people learn from their mistakes, you can just admit that you were "the kid" who used to spray paint deputy's cars.

j/k
    What were you doing while he was spray painting cop cars? You couldn't been too far away.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    I agree with Mayor. I knew a kid in my youth who was a plague for deputies. He'd find them sleeping, or doing reports, and SPRAY PAINT THEIR CAR.

j/k

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X