X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by wilrobnson
    Which is the site where you have to fax in a copy of your creds on a department letterhead? I did that, was granted access, and became bored to tears within an hour or so.
    That's probably RP. SPE is the defensive tactics site where you fill out an online form and Paul calls your supervisor for a brother to brother chat.

Some of our finest trolls come from RP.

Leave a comment:

• OccamsRazor
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    You can sort who's a cop, and who's not a cop, and who's just an alpha hotel regardless of status on Officer.com. I spoke with someone on the O.com team, and he noted that he was getting tired of this whole PC thing, and all the bickering.

Bet he almost wants to work for PoliceOne at that rate... But, seriously. Lots of folks say "Its verified, so its cool," yet its less to do with verification of sworn status and more to do with moderating the damned idiots.

Someone tried to dance all over an Illinois guy's thread about "private police" with "Oh, what a bunch of wannabes, f--k em all, they're not cops." I had to rain on his parade with actual law. The actual cop, of course, was "Ok, now I get it. Thanks." Did the cop have a problem? No, he wanted information. the "TacEMT" had a problem. Of course, he also has a problem getting a LE job...

We're lucky in that we don't have the rampant flame wars, the whining, and the rest of it. I'm lucky that the other places I'm on also don't have those problems - especially since some of the same guys from everywhere else are there.

Then again, the guy who runs SPE knows the name and agency of every verified cop on that site. Wannabes not apply, I guess.
    Which is the site where you have to fax in a copy of your creds on a department letterhead? I did that, was granted access, and became bored to tears within an hour or so.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    You can sort who's a cop, and who's not a cop, and who's just an alpha hotel regardless of status on Officer.com. I spoke with someone on the O.com team, and he noted that he was getting tired of this whole PC thing, and all the bickering.

Bet he almost wants to work for PoliceOne at that rate... But, seriously. Lots of folks say "Its verified, so its cool," yet its less to do with verification of sworn status and more to do with moderating the damned idiots.

Someone tried to dance all over an Illinois guy's thread about "private police" with "Oh, what a bunch of wannabes, f--k em all, they're not cops." I had to rain on his parade with actual law. The actual cop, of course, was "Ok, now I get it. Thanks." Did the cop have a problem? No, he wanted information. the "TacEMT" had a problem. Of course, he also has a problem getting a LE job...

We're lucky in that we don't have the rampant flame wars, the whining, and the rest of it. I'm lucky that the other places I'm on also don't have those problems - especially since some of the same guys from everywhere else are there.

Then again, the guy who runs SPE knows the name and agency of every verified cop on that site. Wannabes not apply, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• OccamsRazor
    Guest replied
    I'm sorry, but I've never personally seen/heard/experienced anything to support the media's claim of the existence of the "Blue Wall of Silence". I rank it right up there with the "Right Wing Conspiracy", from which I still haven't received my membership cards.

There's a difference between most instances of PC, and covering-up a crime. I've never worked with an officer or deputy who wouldn't (and in a few instances, didn't) hesitate to report someone for a seriously illegal act. One was a DUI, one was theft, and one was excessive force.

In a security capacity, it's been almost the same, but then again 99% of the guys I work with are ex-LEOS or military, and know right from wrong.

I wouldn't base an opinion on anything from Officer.com. There are plenty of folks on there who would never dare to talk/act that was in the real world, and plenty of posers as well. It seems to have gone WAY downhill since the last time I was really active on there, last year. Don't believe everything you read.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    What's interesting is that a 12 year veteran, Ofc. Nichole Martinez, came forward and broke the "Blue Wall of Silence" by testifying against her fellow officers.
    Now that is a good cop.

The officers involved have been fired and now are on trial.
    Good.

I see this Blue Wall of Silence on Officer.com is alive and well under the guise of PC. Specifically, LEO's covering for officers caught DUI.
    All the time on O.com "I had to drive the off duty home because he was ' ill ' "

Do you think that security officers have a problem with a code of silence among themselves? If not, why not?
    Yep. But it isn't as extreme as LEs. I have extended PC to other SOs in quite a few manners, that I will admit did breach the line and I won't do it again. (Just little things not Murder, DUI etc.)

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Like I explained, Court TV is airing this trial live. I heard this officer testify for the prosecution. You can see for yourself if you want by watching the trial. The defense will likely start their case on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• ff000525
    replied
    No, yes, maybe. I think it all comes down to the officer, thier moral values, and thier loyalty to justice or thier friends. I haven't heard about that officer who testified against them and I live locally. Were did you come across that information? I've got an instructor who is a ret. Milwaukee detective and I've got a class with him in ohhh 20 minutes so I'll see what he knows about it. Gotta run...

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    started a topic Cops Charged In Beating

Cops Charged In Beating

Court TV is airing live coverage of the trial involving cops in Milwaukee, WI, who are charged with severely beating a man at a party. What's interesting is that a 12 year veteran, Ofc. Nichole Martinez, came forward and broke the "Blue Wall of Silence" by testifying against her fellow officers.

The officers involved have been fired and now are on trial. Her fellow officers, many of whom were her close friends, was mercilessly retaliated against by her coworkers up to and including failure to respond to her calls for back-up while working 3rd shift. She is now on medical leave.

I see this Blue Wall of Silence on Officer.com is alive and well under the guise of PC. Specifically, LEO's covering for officers caught DUI. Newer cops seem to be rejecting this code of silence and that is a good thing.

Do you think that security officers have a problem with a code of silence among themselves? If not, why not?

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X