No announcement yet.

Cops Charged In Beating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it when police park on my properties. They fill out reports, work with the radar, make public contacts, and hey occasionally I may be able to provide them with tidbits of information about people in the vicinity that may end up being leads for suspects. I don't mind if a squad car gets parked on the property with nobody in it. I do mind if some cop is in the squad car sound asleep, just like the photo of that security guard I posted several weeks ago. I mind it even more if it's a two man unit and both of them are reclined and passed out in the same fashion. Not only are those people jeopardizing their own safety, but they are reducing credibility for their department. I want the police department to be respected and to succeed. That will not happen if members of the general public see them sleeping on the job.
    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Remember. If the cop is on your property, you didn't summon him, he's passed out asleep, and its proven your aware of it...

If you have a duty to protect persons, it can come back on the liability insurance that you have a duty to protect that sleeping peace officer.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Sleeping on the job...

Originally posted by 1stWatch
        I love it when police park on my properties. They fill out reports, work with the radar, make public contacts, and hey occasionally I may be able to provide them with tidbits of information about people in the vicinity that may end up being leads for suspects. I don't mind if a squad car gets parked on the property with nobody in it. I do mind if some cop is in the squad car sound asleep, just like the photo of that security guard I posted several weeks ago. I mind it even more if it's a two man unit and both of them are reclined and passed out in the same fashion. Not only are those people jeopardizing their own safety, but they are reducing credibility for their department. I want the police department to be respected and to succeed. That will not happen if members of the general public see them sleeping on the job.
        I've always been of the opinion that its better to have one wide awake than two half asleep. I have always napped on night shift if I had a partner that was awake and vice versa. I didn't say sleep all night, but if I was particularly sleepy I don't see anything wrong with catching a quick nap. You always feel more alert and refreshed after a nap...or I always do, It's better than having two zombies on patrol.

My "opinion" only.

Comment

Ill agree with Talon on that one.
          "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
          "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Please keep in mind...

Originally posted by talon
            I've always been of the opinion that its better to have one wide awake than two half asleep. I have always napped on night shift if I had a partner that was awake and vice versa. I didn't say sleep all night, but if I was particularly sleepy I don't see anything wrong with catching a quick nap. You always feel more alert and refreshed after a nap...or I always do, It's better than having two zombies on patrol.

My "opinion" only.
            Please keep in mind most people will not agree with the above statement as most people seem to ignore the realities of the night shift. Most employers want you "awake all night" but if they would only realize that if they allowed a small nap you would avoid the embarassment of having someone else discover your sleeping Officer public or private.

Comment

I would not. If the cop is sleeping in his unit it is just another liability for me to be concerned of. A deputy told me that other deputys from his department have been assualted while parked and writing a report in their unit. They find a rural area on some down time, park there unit, get telescope vision from focusing in on writing their report and BOOM the someone walks up and assaults them.

With how many people hate cops, I certainly do not think it is safe for one too just doze off in in uniform in there unit. If you really hated cops wouldn't you see that as an oppurtunity????????

Sorry to go off an that tangent. But, as with Corbier, I wouldn't have a cop on my property sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                Remember. If the cop is on your property, you didn't summon him, he's passed out asleep, and its proven your aware of it...

If you have a duty to protect persons, it can come back on the liability insurance that you have a duty to protect that sleeping peace officer.
                I know. I'll watch over him.
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                  I know. I'll watch over him.
                  I agree with Mayor. I knew a kid in my youth who was a plague for deputies. He'd find them sleeping, or doing reports, and SPRAY PAINT THEIR CAR.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                    I agree with Mayor. I knew a kid in my youth who was a plague for deputies. He'd find them sleeping, or doing reports, and SPRAY PAINT THEIR CAR.
                    Corbier its cool, people learn from their mistakes, you can just admit that you were "the kid" who used to spray paint deputy's cars.

j/k

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mayor
                      Corbier its cool, people learn from their mistakes, you can just admit that you were "the kid" who used to spray paint deputy's cars.

j/k
                      What were you doing while he was spray painting cop cars? You couldn't been too far away.
                      I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                      -Lieutenant Commander Data
                      sigpic

Comment

I was probably speeding excessively distracting the deputy from Corbier. Corbier you owe me one!

Comment

j/k
                          Man, I'm not that l33t. My friend could do it while they were writing reports.

I think he's pounding sand again, though. He was a Marine since he was 16 (DEP), and went in the 90s.

Comment

With how many people hate cops, I certainly do not think it is safe for one too just doze off in in uniform in there unit. If you really hated cops wouldn't you see that as an oppurtunity????????.....
                            Parked at a facility that more than likely has security and CCTV? I'm not saying it can't happen, but that would be pretty stupid. At any rate, it's not a problem in our "sleepy" little town.

Comment

Jury has the case now.

It will be interesting to see how this one is decided. Stay tuned for the verdict.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                                Parked at a facility that more than likely has security and CCTV? I'm not saying it can't happen, but that would be pretty stupid. At any rate, it's not a problem in our "sleepy" little town.
                                The problem I have with a sleeping officer, any officer whether police or security or any other kind, is not with one who takes 10 minute cat naps, but one who decides consciously to sleep in the car behind a building for hours on end. That is blatant dereliction of duty.
                                "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X