• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennsix
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Mayor
    Damn, Tennsix, those boots are sexy.

I like Birkenstocks.
    The matching bag and earings are to die for. There were a little extra but you should see the heads turn at roll call.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Damn, Tennsix, those boots are sexy.

I like Birkenstocks.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by wilrobnson
    police academy , aka the Public Security Guard Academy.
    And that's why I want a pair of 5.11 - all I hear about is how they wear like sneakers, and not combat boots. Oh, and the fact that a guy ran the freaking International Association of Chiefs of Police Memorial Marathon in a pair, and won.

Hype is one thing. Winning races in combat boots is another.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    police academy , aka the Public Security Guard Academy.
    Last edited by OccamsRazor; 04-07-2006, 04:15 PM. Reason: Boot names

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Bridgegate
    LOL

I had a really nice pair of Rockys (paid over $220 for 'em from the uni shop) that lasted me for a long time... 3 1/2 years or so... before they finally bit it... When I went for new ones, I had to conserve $, as I wasn't working for that company anymore, and sorely miss the payroll deduction program... lol

Oddly enough though... Currently, I'm wearing a pair of Brahma steel-toed waterproof boots that I got at wallyworld for $30... Yes, steel-toed AND waterproof... and what's stranger is the fact I've had them for almost 2 1/2 years now, and the only issue they have is some scuffing on the toes... I loved my Rockys, but if these beat them in longevity, I may just become a Brahma fan... lol.. After all, $30 is MUCH better than $220... especially considering my old Rockys were NOT waterproof like these.. And here I figured these were just gonna be a temporary replacement until I could save up some $...Go figure.
    So noted. I had a pair of Wal-Mart suede boots hold up for 3 years, too. $20 bucks. They weren't originally waterproof, but I bought waterproofing spray and a suede "shining" kit (to take care of the sueded after I soaked it in waterproofing), and they suddenly became water reistant.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    LOL

I had a really nice pair of Rockys (paid over $220 for 'em from the uni shop) that lasted me for a long time... 3 1/2 years or so... before they finally bit it... When I went for new ones, I had to conserve $, as I wasn't working for that company anymore, and sorely miss the payroll deduction program... lol

Oddly enough though... Currently, I'm wearing a pair of Brahma steel-toed waterproof boots that I got at wallyworld for $30... Yes, steel-toed AND waterproof... and what's stranger is the fact I've had them for almost 2 1/2 years now, and the only issue they have is some scuffing on the toes... I loved my Rockys, but if these beat them in longevity, I may just become a Brahma fan... lol.. After all, $30 is MUCH better than $220... especially considering my old Rockys were NOT waterproof like these.. And here I figured these were just gonna be a temporary replacement until I could save up some $...Go figure.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    My Galls Steel Toe boots died after a year....
    R I P

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
    I wear the High-Gloss boot from Galls, 99 dollars roughly... has a very good sole. Very comfortable in my mind. They are easily scuffed though. But they do look very professional.
    My Galls Steel Toe boots died after a year. The entire sole seperated in a week.

I like Throughgood and Rocky. I'll probably throw down the money for a 5.11 ATAC or HRT boot, though. Black, and waterproof. Damn tired of stepping into great puddles of snowy water up here.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    I wear the basic duty-pro shoes from GALLS. I think they cost about $30.00.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    I wear the High-Gloss boot from Galls, 99 dollars roughly... has a very good sole. Very comfortable in my mind. They are easily scuffed though. But they do look very professional.

Leave a comment:

• Tennsix
    replied
    Originally posted by bumpo
    My shoes need to be replaced. I was wondering what you would suggest?
    They need to be black, preferably with good treads, and a heal, breathablity would be nice.
    I wear these Oakley Boots
    Better View

Leave a comment:

• bumpo
    started a topic Work shoes

Work shoes

My shoes need to be replaced. I was wondering what you would suggest?
    They need to be black, preferably with good treads, and a heal, breathablity would be nice.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X