Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Work shoes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Work shoes

    My shoes need to be replaced. I was wondering what you would suggest?
    They need to be black, preferably with good treads, and a heal, breathablity would be nice.

  • #2
    Originally posted by bumpo
    My shoes need to be replaced. I was wondering what you would suggest?
    They need to be black, preferably with good treads, and a heal, breathablity would be nice.
    I wear these Oakley Boots
    Better View
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      I wear the High-Gloss boot from Galls, 99 dollars roughly... has a very good sole. Very comfortable in my mind. They are easily scuffed though. But they do look very professional.
      "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
      "The Curve" 1998

      Comment


      • #4
        I wear the basic duty-pro shoes from GALLS. I think they cost about $30.00.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
          I wear the High-Gloss boot from Galls, 99 dollars roughly... has a very good sole. Very comfortable in my mind. They are easily scuffed though. But they do look very professional.
          My Galls Steel Toe boots died after a year. The entire sole seperated in a week.

          I like Throughgood and Rocky. I'll probably throw down the money for a 5.11 ATAC or HRT boot, though. Black, and waterproof. Damn tired of stepping into great puddles of snowy water up here.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

          "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
            My Galls Steel Toe boots died after a year....
            R I P
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

            Comment


            • #7
              LOL

              I had a really nice pair of Rockys (paid over $220 for 'em from the uni shop) that lasted me for a long time... 3 1/2 years or so... before they finally bit it... When I went for new ones, I had to conserve $, as I wasn't working for that company anymore, and sorely miss the payroll deduction program... lol

              Oddly enough though... Currently, I'm wearing a pair of Brahma steel-toed waterproof boots that I got at wallyworld for $30... Yes, steel-toed AND waterproof... and what's stranger is the fact I've had them for almost 2 1/2 years now, and the only issue they have is some scuffing on the toes... I loved my Rockys, but if these beat them in longevity, I may just become a Brahma fan... lol.. After all, $30 is MUCH better than $220... especially considering my old Rockys were NOT waterproof like these.. And here I figured these were just gonna be a temporary replacement until I could save up some $...Go figure.
              Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
              Originally posted by ValleyOne
              BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
              Shoulda called in sick.
              Be safe!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bridgegate
                LOL

                I had a really nice pair of Rockys (paid over $220 for 'em from the uni shop) that lasted me for a long time... 3 1/2 years or so... before they finally bit it... When I went for new ones, I had to conserve $, as I wasn't working for that company anymore, and sorely miss the payroll deduction program... lol

                Oddly enough though... Currently, I'm wearing a pair of Brahma steel-toed waterproof boots that I got at wallyworld for $30... Yes, steel-toed AND waterproof... and what's stranger is the fact I've had them for almost 2 1/2 years now, and the only issue they have is some scuffing on the toes... I loved my Rockys, but if these beat them in longevity, I may just become a Brahma fan... lol.. After all, $30 is MUCH better than $220... especially considering my old Rockys were NOT waterproof like these.. And here I figured these were just gonna be a temporary replacement until I could save up some $...Go figure.
                So noted. I had a pair of Wal-Mart suede boots hold up for 3 years, too. $20 bucks. They weren't originally waterproof, but I bought waterproofing spray and a suede "shining" kit (to take care of the sueded after I soaked it in waterproofing), and they suddenly became water reistant.
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

                "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                Comment


                • #9
                  police academy , aka the Public Security Guard Academy.
                  Last edited by OccamsRazor; 04-07-2006, 03:15 PM. Reason: Boot names

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by wilrobnson
                    police academy , aka the Public Security Guard Academy.
                    And that's why I want a pair of 5.11 - all I hear about is how they wear like sneakers, and not combat boots. Oh, and the fact that a guy ran the freaking International Association of Chiefs of Police Memorial Marathon in a pair, and won.

                    Hype is one thing. Winning races in combat boots is another.
                    Some Kind of Commando Leader

                    "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Damn, Tennsix, those boots are sexy.

                      I like Birkenstocks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by The_Mayor
                        Damn, Tennsix, those boots are sexy.

                        I like Birkenstocks.
                        The matching bag and earings are to die for. There were a little extra but you should see the heads turn at roll call.
                        I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                        -Lieutenant Commander Data
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        Leaderboard

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X