You get Froggy, I'll Hop :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You get Froggy, I'll Hop :)

The video link attached is the end result of a drug dealer being apprehended for sale of narcotics, disorderly conduct, trespassing, and assault. When the two security officers in the video attempted to take the subject into custody for a trespass violation, he got "froggy" and assaulted one of the two officers in an attempt to resist arrest.

Get Froggy
    Last edited by davis002; 04-05-2006, 04:23 AM.
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

I'll be the first to put it out there, since someone else will if I don't, and it may not be so neutrally worded.

I noticed a police truck was already on scene. Why did the officers take the subject into custody themselves, instead of referring the subject to the police for whatever action they deemed needed?
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Most likely because of the immediate proximity of the police officer and the response time of one or two minutes or whatever it would take to disengage the suspect from the security guards.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

The police department had observed the transaction that led to the arrest on city owned cameras, and had, unbeknownst to the arresting officer, dispatched a unit. When security began struggling with the offender, the dispatcher changed the response to Code 3. As you can see in the video, the squad pulls up approximately 20 seconds after the video starts. And the video starts after the cuffs were on. The arrest actually began inside the property an additional 15-20 seconds earlier. So at that time the squad was at least 5+ blocks away.

Comment

As i've said before, I have no problem with proactive enforcement. Guy's got a trespass after warning on him? Its time to go. You can either:

1) Call 911 and ask the police to come arrest the guy while ignoring him.
          2) Call 911 and ask the police to come arrest the guy then go talk to him.
          3) Take the suspect into custody for breach of the peace, and request a unit to transport.

In my experience, number three was always perferable for the responding police officer, since he didn't have to fight the son of a -- offender himself. Just research and stick in the back seat.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I guess I forgot to mention that the suspect who was dealing drugs... is also a security officer for 3M. Or should I say "was".
            "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              Guy's got a trespass after warning on him? Its time to go. You can either:

1) Call 911 and ask the police to come arrest the guy while ignoring him.
              2) Call 911 and ask the police to come arrest the guy then go talk to him.
              3) Take the suspect into custody for breach of the peace, and request a unit to transport.
              Or take him into custody for drug sale...issue the trespass notice...and let PD haul em away.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X