Wackenhut Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wackenhut Information

I was just wondering what the job descriptions for Wackenhut postitions are, I'm looking for a new job and I've seen Wackenhut advertise in my area, I've got 6 years of military experiance and I'm about halfway done with a Criminal Justice degree so I fullfill the requirements for most of thier positions, I was just wondering what the differences are of the following:

Custom Protection Officer:

Special Response Officer:

Security Officer:

I know a few of you guys work for the "hut" and most posts seem pretty content with the company, I was just looking for some information... Thanks

A Custom Protection Officer is one who has a CJ degree, Military Career, MP or Elite Unit, or a Police Commission. They get a nice upgraded uniform, typically the tans instead of the white over navy. You are basically an upgraded security officer. You get better job postings, it typically pays more, and you are more likely up for promotions when they come about.

I dont know much about the Special Response Officer, we dont have them around here. I assume they may work a "Higher Risk" type site. Maybe more heavily armed than a .38? I just really dont know.

As for Security Officer, it is what it is, TWC (The Wackenhut Corp) calls them TSOs, Traditional Security Officers. You are just a security guard, assigned to one of the sites you choose to work. Average pay, benefits, etc... though the pay I am offered is typically a little bit higher than most places Ive worked for.
    "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
    "The Curve" 1998

Comment

The actual titles in the company are

Custom Protection Officer

Upscale Security Officer (in some places Property Recource Officer)

Traditional Security Officer

For a good description of the requirements check out www.wackenhut.com

As for the company....It's the second largest in the world, part of Group 4 Falks out of Belgium I believe. U.S. Corporate offices are in West Palm Beach. Has quite a few National Contracts. As for working for the company, really depends on the office you work out of. Any other questions let me know

Comment

Special Response Officer sounds like Wackenhut Government Services Nuke officers.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          Special Response Officer sounds like Wackenhut Government Services Nuke officers.
          That's what I was thinking, or one of the many other Govt Contracts.

I also thought maybe it was a GRT position (Global Response Team..natural disasters, strikes, stuff like that) But generaly those are offered to current employess never seen it afvertised publicly.

Comment

Sro

Ok, I found the answer to my own question, a Special Response Officer is basically a flex officer for the area. They are on call and trained for many different sites

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyhat
              One of my favorite colleagues was just hired by Wackenhut. As a retired Marine, he was offered a CPO position the day he interviewed. He completed all the prerequisite paperwork, background investigations and initial training within five week-days (I thought that was kinda' quick).

He tells me that all, armed Wackenhut personnel carry .38's only. Is that true for the Troops working at Nuclear facilities? If it's true, I've lost a bet.
              I can almost garuntee you that you've won the bet. I've been to a "site" in an unnamed State that is guarded by Wackenhut officers and they have more than just .38's. They had to qualify with quite a few different weapons ( really can't tell you what weapons I saw at this site, but read on). Those Nuc guys also carried more than .38's. So anyone that plans to tangle with these guys be ready to dance with a bunch of ex-Marines, ex-Army infantry, ex- AF Security Forces or ex-Navy gunner's mates (or cop, or high-speed ex military or anyone else who can qualify with the weapons, pass a pysch and get a TS security clearance) with better weapons than most of them had access to in the military. Oh, did I mention the former Spec Ops guys that sometimes mingle in with them...? If I would've stayed were I used to live, I was going to try to get a job with them at the site, but the hours were pretty horrible (can't beat 70k a year though) man there where a lot of cool security jobs in that city. The last I heard they had like almost 300 openings in the region that I worked in and were only getting 50-75 qualified applicants.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyhat
                One of my favorite colleagues was just hired by Wackenhut. As a retired Marine, he was offered a CPO position the day he interviewed. He completed all the prerequisite paperwork, background investigations and initial training within five week-days (I thought that was kinda' quick).

He tells me that all, armed Wackenhut personnel carry .38's only. Is that true for the Troops working at Nuclear facilities? If it's true, I've lost a bet.
                It depends on the State, Branch Office and Client. Some office's may only issue 38s if that is all they can issue. I know here it used to be a pain to be able to carry anything other than a 38 because of the state, both the company and the client had to submit something to the state. Now it is a little easier and you are seeing more clients going to it.

But to answer the question, no, not all TWC armed officers carry 38s

Comment

I believe that Wackenhut predominately uses the .38 caliber revolver in its CPO program because they're inexpensive, they need thousands of them, and their not as "dangerous" as a semi-auto with more rounds.

If I remember correctly, nuke guards carry the M4A3 as the primary weapon, Beretta 92F as secondary, and have access to SAWs. They are trained in the use of the 37mm gas grenade launcher (40mm, actually, I think, but its more PC to say 37mm), as well as hand grenades (less-lethal pyro.)

The NRC has a video in which they show most of the weapons in the field at NRC sites during nuke training.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X