Bad Apple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Apple

I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

During my career I've heard of a lot of cases of Security Guards doing this. I dealt with one myself. A guy covering during another's vacation really wanted a full time job. Just before his week was to finish he discovered fires in 2 seperate public washrooms & put them out. This was not a downtown hotel. No one walked in off of the street & there were no late check ins in the middle of the night. I couldn't fire him for the fires because I couldn't prove it, but I fired him because after he called me to report what happened I told him to increase his patrols. I found out that he spent the rest of the night at the front desk. (There was no need to increase the patrol to try & find the person who had set the fires because he knew who had set them .
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

The "hero" complex, or worse, the "justify my existence" complex. How lovely.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Fire bugs have been found in the FD as well. Motive might be different, but the result is the same.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
          Fire bugs have been found in the FD as well. Motive might be different, but the result is the same.
          Especially in "paid on call" departments.
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
            Especially in "paid on call" departments.
            Such as the one that started that huge Forest fire in the southwest a couple years ago.

Comment

This reminds me of those two cartoon boys Beavis and Butthead playing with a cigarette lighter. "Fire! Fire! Heh heh".
              "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X