No announcement yet.

Mall Security Saves Man with AED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the idea of them; we have them on all of the floors in the gov't building I'm working in right now...Sadly, some offices have stickers on the doors announcing the location of the AED, but the doors are locked

Comment

Originally posted by wilrobnson
      I love the idea of them; we have them on all of the floors in the gov't building I'm working in right now...Sadly, some offices have stickers on the doors announcing the location of the AED, but the doors are locked
      That might change after a couple of doors are kicked in.
      I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
      -Lieutenant Commander Data
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
        Beat me to it.

"We need an AED..."

"F--ker locked the door!"

"... make dynamic entry."

*sounds of breaking down door*
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
          Sorry, these are some serious federal doors

Doesn't mean I wouldn't do it, but I'd hate to write the report

Comment

First off, who let that cat in here?

Second, weapons fire is frowned upon in federal buildings, isn't it?

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              First off, who let that cat in here?

Second, weapons fire is frowned upon in federal buildings, isn't it?
              Me, and yes.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
                If you were having a cardiac emergency, CPR would be indicated along with an AED. You're required to do a full minute of compressions between shocks.

Just think about it this way, would you rather have some broken ribs and be alive, or be dead? I'll take the broken ribs.
                CPR is only executed if a shock (or stack of shocks) is contra indicated or unsuccessful.
                sigpic

Comment

Just think about it this way, would you rather have some broken ribs and be alive, or be dead? I'll take the broken ribs.
                  I know. Hopefully I'll never have to find out.
                  Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

On top of that, they have ones that can mount to the wall for anyone to use. When you remove it from the wall an alarm sounds and the AED is ready for use. They're built for something like an 8th grade comprehension level.
                    sigpic

Comment

If you're planning on getting certified, go with the American Heart Association course. It's a bit harder than the Red Cross one, but more comprehensive IMO.
                      DT4EMS and several other folks, if I remember correctly, recommended the AHA course as well. (If I remembered wrong, I'll have to update.)

Comment

Anyone using an AED in Wisconsin must be certified as a professional First Responder. We'll, if we can afford it (I am no longer alone in monetary decisions, but I can't say much more about it yet), will look into First Responder for our patrol officers, and of course any client that wants that level of responder on site.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X