EMTFirefighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tennsix
    Hmm... Kind of like a woman that wants to marry a Cartwright.
    Poor little Joe.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

a little background...

Were you ever a police officer? If so, how long? If not, why not? There is a lot more to being a policeman than attending the police academy. When I graduated from the academy, I knew just enough to get me into trouble. No more, no less. They call it "basic training" for a reason.

You sound like a person with a chip on his shoulder.
      Very True about -the academy being B-A-S-I-C, I agree 100%.

I worked as an unsworn Security Guard for 3 & 1/2 years, during that time I got to see how disrespected Security are, and don't get me wrong, much of it is deserved. I however tried to be a "Professional" but guess what? It didn't matter.

Anyway, in my State we have what we call "Special Police" which are fully sworn fully empowered Police Officer's most of our Railroad Police and Campus Police are Special Police Officers as well as many Hospitals, Shopping Malls and other Public/private areas have Special Police.

Special Police are held to all of the same standards of Public Officers and the background is one of the most in depth in the State, requiring among many other things, a psycological and polygraph.

I went through the Police academy and was Sworn in as a Special Police Officer after a 4 month background check.

I was sworn for 5 years. I just recently at the beginning of the year quit my agency because in this State you cannot be a Sworn Officer and a PI at the same time.

I have raided crackhouses, served warrants and made hundreds of arrests in my career from drugs to DWI (oohh, aahh), and no I don't have a 100 % conviction rate.

I have also done Executive Protection, Strike Security and last year went to Louisiana during the hurricane and lived on MRE's and bottled water for 2 months.(wow, ain't I so Important)

The only "chip" that I have is the one that was put there by the Public Security Guards that I have met in almost every State with their smug, self- aggrandizing attitudes and uncanny ability to blame all of lifes problems on the Private Sector.

I am most definitly not anti-LEO I just believe in balance and fairness.

I have met many an idiot Security Guard that was as worthless as DHS but I have also met many a Police Officer that shouldn't even be a Security Guard.

It's simple really...I don't like anyone who thinks that they are better without knowing the other persons background or abilities.

Comment

It's simple really...I don't like anyone who thinks that they are better without knowing the other persons background or abilities.
        I agree with your summation.
        I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
        -Lieutenant Commander Data
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by talon
          Kinda like when people tell others about what they do and dont have experience in, even when they dont know them?
          "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
          "The Curve" 1998

Comment

You are right.

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
            Kinda like when people tell others about what they do and dont have experience in, even when they dont know them?

You are right I shouldn't have ASS-umed when I didn't know.

I apologize.

Comment

Talon

I think you have a valid point. I agree that conducting yourself as a professional does little or nothing to change many LEO's attitude about security guards. Unfortunately, the damage is already done as far as our image is concerned.

There are always officers like Tennsix who do not prejudge s/o's. Nevertheless, they will always be few in number in comparison to those who think little of us. My experience on O.com has taught me that. If the GP knew about the comments made on that site, there would be an outcry for reformation.

Thanks for explaining what you meant.

Comment

No worries, talon, I just get a little flustered when people tell me I have no "life-experience" just cause Im 20...

Fortunately... or even unfortunately, for being 20, I've been through a lot of s***.
                "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                  I think you have a valid point. I agree that conducting yourself as a professional does little or nothing to change many LEO's attitude about security guards. Unfortunately, the damage is already done as far as our image is concerned.

There are always officers like Tennsix who do not prejudge s/o's. Nevertheless, they will always be few in number in comparison to those who think little of us. My experience on O.com has taught me that. If the GP knew about the comments made on that site, there would be an outcry for reformation.

Thanks for explaining what you meant.
                  Actually, there really wouldn't be much outcry. I think, deep down, that people expect cops to do "in the locker room."
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Good, now that we all agree...let's go eat.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                      Actually, there really wouldn't be much outcry. I think, deep down, that people expect cops to do "in the locker room."
                      I don't know about that. You may expect it because you have been in the "field" for so long. To bad we can't have a couple of news segments on FOX to see how well it goes over.

Comment

Originally posted by talon
                        Good, now that we all agree...let's go eat.
                        You buying?

Comment

Is EMTFirefighter Gone?

It seems that his profile and all of his posts are gone.
                          sigpic

Comment

www.oramsecurity.com

Comment

That would do the trick here.
                              sigpic

Comment

That would do the trick here.
                                It is critical to our profession that we in the private world provide the responding LEO with factual information. Nebulous information will not provide the desired results. No LEO worth his salt is going to have his career tarnished by doing something stupid.
                                Unfortunately, many company guards are hired because they have a pulse, can fog up a mirror, see lightning and hear thunder. That is a lack of supervision, assuming such supervision even exists. The private world should not expect the public world to come to our aid when we don't know what we are doing.
                                The only reason the LEO is in the swamp is to empty it. It is difficult at best for the LEO to do accomplish that task when up to his or her butt in alligators.
                                Enjoy the day,
                                Bill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X