Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No offense...

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
    I agree with Tennsix, In my mind Police Officers and other LEO's work hard to attain the title of their office. Be it rigorous backgrounds, mentally and physically demanding academies, tough hiring standards, etc... All of which are just about LE Industry standard now. They dont disrespect me by calling me something I am not, and I dont disrespect them by calling them something they are not.

They are Law Enforcement Officers, Not Public Security.

No offense...BUT...you don't have the experience to make the above statement. You stay in service for awhile longer and you will learn.

Keep in mind I am a full Police Academy graduate ooh ahh... trust me, it ain't that hard and don't let the Public Guards tell you it is and believe you me to hear them tell it its like the Navy Seals BUD's program they are just full of themselves and something else. Is it easy? No, but it ain't what they try to make it out to be either.

Comment

Originally posted by talon
      Keep in mind I am a full Police Academy graduate ooh ahh... trust me, it ain't that hard ....
      Not all academies are the same. Some are VERY hard.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
        The next time you see a police officer, address him as a "PUBLIC SECURITY GUARD" and let us know how that worked out for you.

I would never disrespect a "professional" officer, public or private by trying to demean them while they are working. I'm not an a$$ just a realist.

Comment

Not all academies are the same. Some are VERY hard.

"Hard" is a relative term. I didn't say it was easy...I had to be in shape and study like crazy...I'm not putting down the academy, I learned alot I just don't like when Public Guards try to say how terribly "hard" it all is...thats all.

Comment

"Hard" is a relative term. I didn't say it was easy...I had to be in shape and study like crazy...I'm not putting down the academy, I learned alot I just don't like when Public Guards try to say how terribly "hard" it all is...thats all.
            Seems hard enough last time I visited the academy. After the tests, interviews,oral boards, background checks, psych evals and finally 20 weeks of working your ass off followed by a 6-12 month FTO period I'd say it wasn't easy. And I do have to admit back in the day I would NOT have been feeling a comradely fondness at being referred to as a "public guard". Perhaps in Spain they'd understand but those "Civil Guards" aren't checking store reciepts either.
            Old age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time-

Comment

No offense...BUT...you don't have the experience to make the above statement. You stay in service for awhile longer and you will learn.

Keep in mind I am a full Police Academy graduate ooh ahh... trust me, it ain't that hard and don't let the Public Guards tell you it is and believe you me to hear them tell it its like the Navy Seals BUD's program they are just full of themselves and something else. Is it easy? No, but it ain't what they try to make it out to be either.
              No offense, but you dont know my experiences so you dont really have the opportunity to say that.

I have been around law enforcement, and their hiring processes, and their academies long enough to know what they entail, I have sat in on academies, assisted in training, attended academy style training of my own, gone through and passed, Police agency (Not public security) background checks and been through quite a bit of paid, commissioned, Law Enforcement Training.

I have all the experience I need to support my statement. Did I say it was a BUDs style bootcamp? No, I sure didnt, did I say POLICE officers have tried to convince me it is? No... they sure havent. What I am saying, is that a lot of people out there go through an assload of **** to become law enforcement officers, and it is bull**** to sit here and call them "public security" for reasons I dont know.
              "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
              "The Curve" 1998

Comment

again...no offense...

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
                No offense, but you dont know my experiences so you dont really have the opportunity to say that.

I have been around law enforcement, and their hiring processes, and their academies long enough to know what they entail, I have sat in on academies, assisted in training, attended academy style training of my own, gone through and passed, Police agency (Not public security) background checks and been through quite a bit of paid, commissioned, Law Enforcement Training.

I have all the experience I need to support my statement. Did I say it was a BUDs style bootcamp? No, I sure didnt, did I say POLICE officers have tried to convince me it is? No... they sure havent. What I am saying, is that a lot of people out there go through an assload of **** to become law enforcement officers, and it is bull**** to sit here and call them "public security" for reasons I dont know.

I based my statement about your experience level on your birth year. I don't
                doubt your devotion to the Security/Police trade.

Comment

Can you find any state statute definition that supports your view that police officers are "Public Security Guards?"

Comment

Dps

Can you find any state statute definition that supports your view that police officers are "Public Security Guards?"

"Texas Dept. of "Public Saftey" for one. Look at any statute you want from any State and look at the duties of Police...It will be Safety and Security related.

Comment

"Texas Dept. of "Public Saftey" for one. Look at any statute you want from any State and look at the duties of Police...It will be Safety and Security related.
                      Perhaps. But it doesn't say: Texas Department of Public Security Guards. Not even close.

Comment

Were you ever a police officer? If so, how long? If not, why not? There is a lot more to being a policeman than attending the police academy. When I graduated from the academy, I knew just enough to get me into trouble. No more, no less. They call it "basic training" for a reason.

You sound like a person with a chip on his shoulder.
                        I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
                        -Lieutenant Commander Data
                        sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I agree. But Talon's explanation for calling LEO's Public Security Guards just doesn't cut it, in my opinion.

Comment

I do know of one government law enforcement agency that refers to them selves as security.
                              Public Security
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                                I do know of one government law enforcement agency that refers to them selves as security.
                                Public Security
                                OK. You win, Public Security Guard.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X