No announcement yet.

Bear Spray anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive had one failure with sabre red and it was because i he was under the influence of some serious drugs. put it this way he trying to punch the the k-9 that was latched on his arm which was a german shepard while me and two deputies were trying to take him to the ground. it took 4 deputies, me, and a taser to get him handcuffed. think they said later he was on meth or something.
    Last edited by bigdog; 03-29-2006, 02:06 AM.
    "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mayor
      Thanks for the replys.
      Mr. Security, they just walked off and we didn't chase them.
      Tennsix, good point about the officer safety. But my concern was that this fight was ongoing and if my employer's employer where to be sued and it was found out that securiy was summoned but didn't do anything...you see where that goes (vicarious liabilty).

So Sabre Red sounds pretty good. It doesn't come in cans as big as the counterassualt bear spray though. It says on the counterassualt site that it is effective on humans. But I guess it is not safe for use on them?

I'll get some of that Sabre Red, just wish it came in bigger cans.
      It comes in one pound can. dont think you need bigger. go to the security equipment corporation webste at sabrered.com

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog
        It comes in one pound can. dont think you need bigger. go to the security equipment corporation webste at sabrered.com
        He can only carry 2.5 ounces of Sabre Red. Basically, he's stuck with the Yellow Can of First Defense.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

they also have the 2oz cans. which i carry 2 of one on my rig and one in my gear bag.

Comment

they also have the 2oz cans. which i carry 2 of one on my rig and one in my gear bag.
            Ooh. I'm so used to carrying MK4 (Which is JUST under the 60 gram limit in WI, so I'm happy) that I forgot about MK3 cans.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Cool, I just ordered the 4.36 ounce can with a flip top and holster.

Comment

Mayor under california penal code you can carry more than 2.5 ounces of chemical.

(e) (1) No person shall purchase, possess, or use any tear gas
                weapon that expels a projectile, or that expels the tear gas by any
                method other than an aerosol spray, or that contains more than 2.5
                ounces net weight of aerosol spray.

Comment

Mayor under california penal code you can carry more than 2.5 ounces of chemical.

(e) (1) No person shall purchase, possess, or use any tear gas
                  weapon that expels a projectile, or that expels the tear gas by any
                  method other than an aerosol spray, or that contains more than 2.5
                  ounces net weight of aerosol spray.
                  12403.5 CPC Possession by Private Patrol or Private Investigator
                  A person holding a license as a private investigator or private patrol operator issued pursuant to Chapter 11 (commencing with section 7500 "Cal. Guard Card"), Division 3 of the Business and Professions Code, or uniformed patrolmen employees of a private patrol operator, may purchase, possess, or transport any tear gas weapon , if it is used solely for defensive purposes in the course of activity for which the license was issued.

It says any tear gas weapon!
                  Last edited by The_Mayor; 03-28-2006, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Someone needs to send that to Quartermaster Uniforms.

Then again, they swear that selling OC to anyone but the police or military in WI is a felony. Galls disagrees.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mayor
                      12403.5 CPC Possession by Private Patrol or Private Investigator
                      A person holding a license as a private investigator or private patrol operator issued pursuant to Chapter 11 (commencing with section 7500 "Cal. Guard Card"), Division 3 of the Business and Professions Code, or uniformed patrolmen employees of a private patrol operator, may purchase, possess, or transport any tear gas weapon , if it is used solely for defensive purposes in the course of activity for which the license was issued.

It says any tear gas weapon!
                      I construed that as any chemical but i can see where it can mean any amount of liquid ounces. Florida says any non leo cannot carry more than two ounces of chemical but I have never heard of it enforced when i comes to security officers.

Comment

As mentioned, Canada allows citizens to carry "pepper spray" but does not allow us to use it on 2 legged animals only those with 4.
                        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

glad i dont live in canada. oc has saved my butt a few times.

Comment

Two things, first, you are nuts for getting into the middle with no backup.

Second, I commend you on your desire to protect your employer from any liability, but even if you did nothing, and even if it got to court, it is certainly easy to prove that your lack of action while attending this alone, was simply an officer safety issue.

Beyond that, should you have gotten hurt, or worse yet killed, your employer may have been liable for not providing enough security to safely and effectively deal with situations such as this.

Comment

Originally posted by Warren
                              Two things, first, you are nuts for getting into the middle with no backup.

Second, I commend you on your desire to protect your employer from any liability, but even if you did nothing, and even if it got to court, it is certainly easy to prove that your lack of action while attending this alone, was simply an officer safety issue.

Beyond that, should you have gotten hurt, or worse yet killed, your employer may have been liable for not providing enough security to safely and effectively deal with situations such as this.
                              As I'm getting older I think of this more & more often. Since the mid 80's my dowtown hotel has cut us back to 1 per shift. (Unless they can get an organized group to pay for an extra). Working alone at times we have to deal with 10 or more floors x 29 rooms per floor x 4 per room of drunken college students. We are NOT there to observe & report. We are expected to intervene in disturbances. By law we can't have pepper spray or stun guns etc. About 30 years in the business & I don't know how I've survived with only minor injuries
                              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
                                As I'm getting older I think of this more & more often. Since the mid 80's my dowtown hotel has cut us back to 1 per shift. (Unless they can get an organized group to pay for an extra). Working alone at times we have to deal with 10 or more floors x 29 rooms per floor x 4 per room of drunken college students. We are NOT there to observe & report. We are expected to intervene in disturbances. By law we can't have pepper spray or stun guns etc. About 30 years in the business & I don't know how I've survived with only minor injuries
                                Don't forget that under most labour laws, you are not required to do a job if you feel that you are risking an injury. In many of these cases, it could be grevious bodily harm or death. (ie: mob mentality)

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X