No announcement yet.

has anyone had to get an avo before???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone had to get an avo before???

avo (apprehended violence order.)
    i recently witnessed a bloke that i used to work with before doing security selling drugs in the carpark of the mall i work at so i rang the police and dobbed him in.his girlfriend had a police scanner and rang him to say he had to come home straight away.i have seen this bloke every week since then and he goes to the house across the road from my house.
    so far he has tried to knock me and my 3yr old off a bike with his car,
    almost run pedestrians over whilst doing burnouts in the mall carpark(he was warned at that point about his behaviour)
    came back again did burnouts again and was handed a removal of premises letter.(not by me from a male guard who caught him doing it as well)
    He came in last week and called me a few names that i wont repeat on here then threatened to hurt me my boyfriend and tiffany(tiffany is my 3yr old)i dont mind him threatening me but not my child.he has done a few other things as well so i now have to go to court to get an avo.

I would imagine it would be the same as a restraining or protective order here if I read this right. We also can issue denial of use orders advising persons under threat of arrest they cannot return to the property.
    Old age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time-

Comment

If he was issued a letter telling him not to come back to the mall then when he was there calling you names he was in a tresspass violation, and possibly criminal with the namecalling.

Comment

Originally posted by ACP01
        If he was issued a letter telling him not to come back to the mall then when he was there calling you names he was in a tresspass violation, and possibly criminal with the namecalling.
        Not exactly true everywhere. In Canada there is a criminal code article dealing with "Trespassing at Night on or Near a Dwelling Place". Night is defined in the code as being from 21h00 to 05h00. Other than that there is no criminal code article concerning trespassing. We are required to ask a trespasser to leave. If they refuse we can "use the force necessary" to remove them. If they "actively resist" only then can we arrest for "assault by a trespasser".

Some provinces, Ontario for example, have a provincial Trespass to Property Act. We don't have it here in Quebec.

I have spent an 8 hour shift throwning out the same drunk time after time because everytime he would come in he would leave on his own when he saw me, therefore no resistance so I could not arrest him & have the police take him away.
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

this bloke has been handed a letter and the police were called for him tresspassing but they thought the situation could get worse with my fiancee and me not too impressed that he threatened to hurt my child.the police said it would cover me and my fiancee if he was to be hurt by one of us then he knows he is not allowed near us so he is in the wrong.and the police have cause to enter his premises if he breaks the order.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X