No announcement yet.

Your relations with the local police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have quite good relations with the local police. We cover most of the city, and besides our security department we have a seperate University police force with city wide authority so theres constant contact and assistance between agencies. Through in a seperate Hospital Police force and a state hospital police unit and we're all crammed into overlapping jurisdictions so mutual respect is beneficial to all.
    Old age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time-

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mayor
      clarification: They are elected from a pool of qualified LE professionals,. It isn't the same as the east coast (as I have heard) where some poplular business owner gets elected and then appoints his cronies as deputies.

If you know of any instances where a random joe has been elected to sheriff in california let me know.
      All you have to do is file at the county elections office and get the signatures like in any other office. Any Joe Blow can run for it, that does not mean he is going to win.

Comment

Relationship with Police

I'd have to say that where I work the relationship is good. Police have open access to our site and often drive through to get familier with it. Also they do DOT inspections at our truck gate. Our park has up to 15,000 people working in it during the day so we often have Police on site for a variety of reasons. I've never had anything but a friendly reaction from local LEO's. They wave to us when we drive by them on the street and I know that if our control center puts in a call to them we will have three or four units to our location in minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lord of the Keys
          I'd have to say that where I work the relationship is good. Police have open access to our site and often drive through to get familier with it. Also they do DOT inspections at our truck gate. Our park has up to 15,000 people working in it during the day so we often have Police on site for a variety of reasons. I've never had anything but a friendly reaction from local LEO's. They wave to us when we drive by them on the street and I know that if our control center puts in a call to them we will have three or four units to our location in minutes.
          Now that's the way it's supposed to work.
          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by rentalpork
            All you have to do is file at the county elections office and get the signatures like in any other office. Any Joe Blow can run for it, that does not mean he is going to win.
            Here in CT. the voters finally did away with the County Sheriffs a few years back, Politics, nepotism and cronyism did the system in. They were converted to Judicial Marshals with full state benefits, a central academy and free of paying for your job. It was our last vestige of county government and no one misses it.
            Old age and treachery will defeat youth and enthusiasm every time-

Comment

We have a great relationship with them. They also stop by if things happen in the area to see what i have seen in my shift. Im in that area 8 hrs a day and t5hey have to be in the entire city 8 hrs a day. So of course i may see and know things they may not. Sometimes they stop by for the heck of it. But I could care less if they come by or not for the heck of it. Im here for a job and when it comes down to it we do meet together to help each other out. SOmetimes i dont wanna be bothered with someone stopping by lol. SOme nights i wanna be left alone. We all have them bad shifts lol.

As far as a Deputy being better than a Police Officer I would have to say thats incorrect. And i find this at some sheriffs depts sometimes. I have heard of guys think they are better because they are a deputy. But the truth is if they are a Deputy or not they are not above a police officer. I heard of a captain with the sheriffs dept trying to boss around a few officers from a local PD. That police depts shift commander told him that if they ever heard of that again they will respond out of bed to the scene and will kick the others butt so hard his teeth will fly out his mouth lol. That other got the big head because he was with the county sheriffs dept big deal. And this local police dept doesnt call on them much for anything because of that.

Stay Safe All

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X