Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Security
    replied
    He said; she said accusations should be dismissed if there isn't corroborating evidence to support the allegation. The accused shouldn't have the burden of proof. I know that it doesn't always work like that in the real world, but there are too many bold face liars with an axe to grind to accept a charge on face value.

People have been known to file a false police complaint/affidavit for crimes that are difficult to disprove, like battery, peeping Tom, etc. The next thing you know, you have a message on your answering machine asking you to speak with an investigator who may be more than willing to 'fish' for any so called 'evidence' so that a judge is willing to sign off on a warrant.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    That is true. A lot of courts will toss any information that both sides didnt have equal access to.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by Warren
    Put it in your "separate" log only, because keeping little details like that can bite one in the ass should it get to court, and logs are submitted.
    Warren: You are correct about the court problem. However, having a separate log will back-fire to since any smart attorney will ask about it during your deposition. Just 'file' it.

Leave a comment:

• Warren
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Warnock
    In some form or fashion, make an entry into the log just in case something does happen or supervision gets a snit.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill
    Put it in your "separate" log only, because keeping little details like that can bite one in the ass should it get to court, and logs are submitted.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Originally posted by histfan71
    So long as you are not ignoring legitimate complaints, then I am OK with round-filing the others.
    In some form or fashion, make an entry into the log just in case something does happen or supervision gets a snit.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by The_Mayor
    Not a problem I got your backs, and yes histfan I sincerley do consider myself to be a credit to the industry. I do my job with pride, no complaints here.
    So long as you are not ignoring legitimate complaints, then I am OK with round-filing the others.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Not a problem I got your backs, and yes histfan I sincerley do consider myself to be a credit to the industry. I do my job with pride, no complaints here.

Leave a comment:

• Warren
    replied
    Hello Mr. Security. Hope all is well with you.

Complaints that I ignore.
    1. "Officer is in the wrong" because he/she enforced policy ie: (no minors loitering after 11 PM, warning homeowner against letting there dog(s) onto the streets unattended, warning homeowner/homeowner's child of loud noise coming from party, warning minors parked in secluded area in cars not allowed,etc . I ignore these because they come a dime a dozen. Daddy lives in a $2.5 million home and its never his kids fault...but always the security/whoever else's fault. Or mommy is a real looker and got in with a rich guy and it is never her kids fault. Or some rendition of the above.

Complaints that I would take notice of and get supervisor.
    1. Any legitimate complaint involving conduct of an officer/any employee.

In these examples, I can completely agree. Wait for some form of legal action, or the registered mail complaint....of which I have yet to ever get.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied

1. "Officer is in the wrong" because he/she enforced policy ie: (no minors loitering after 11 PM, warning homeowner against letting there dog(s) onto the streets unattended, warning homeowner/homeowner's child of loud noise coming from party, warning minors parked in secluded area in cars not allowed,etc . I ignore these because they come a dime a dozen. Daddy lives in a $2.5 million home and its never his kids fault...but always the security/whoever else's fault. Or mommy is a real looker and got in with a rich guy and it is never her kids fault. Or some rendition of the above.

OK. I misunderstood what you meant. You ignore unfounded complaints from homeowners initiated because the officer is just doing his job. That's the kind of support I need from my managers. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by Mr. Security
    Why not? Can you give us an example of a complaint that you would ignore?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I do not work at a mall but I will be sure to keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    As a general rule, I just do my job and focus on my performance. Everything else is garbage. Everything.

I also do not take complaints of other officers seriously. When someone calls in a complaint or wants to get a call back from the supervisor either

1. If over the phone, I do not take note of the complaint.
    2. If complainant is in person, I write a few things down then toss it when they walk off.
    I've said it before and I will say it again. Mayor, you are a credit to the security industry and the human race. You must be the pride of your mall. Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    .... I also do not take complaints of other officers seriously. When someone calls in a complaint or wants to get a call back from the supervisor either

2. If complainant is in person, I write a few things down then toss it when they walk off.
    Why not? Can you give us an example of a complaint that you would ignore?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    As a general rule, I just do my job and focus on my performance. Everything else is garbage. Everything.

I also do not take complaints of other officers seriously. When someone calls in a complaint or wants to get a call back from the supervisor either

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by 1stWatch
    ... Some companies, especially small ones, are run by control freaks who think they control every move you make..
    Even the larger ones are guilty of micromanaging the unimportant matters and turning a blind eye to major problems. I had one company that made me remove a collar pin that said "SECURITY," but could care less about the numerous safety violations at the site. They 'talk a good game,' but fail to perform.
    Last edited by Mr. Security; 03-20-2006, 06:15 PM. Reason: Incomplete post.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X